Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > West Coast

Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #21
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Dont even sweat it man...I found a bunch of fellow N body guys that we always hooked up with...some other guys would come too with F body's and so forth and there were some ricers as well, BUT everybody was cool and it really wasn't much about the cars..we took the pics and stuff, but at the end of the night, we'd be at my house drinking and having a good time and thats what it was really about...just hanging out.
I'd say those guys are a bunch of freaking tools and not worth your time.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #22
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Cars with windows.

DID THEY HAVE DOORS TOO????? luuuuuuuuucky
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #23
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruc1fix View Post
I would love to come kick it with you guys but I couldn't do that right now. Yeah I'm probably going to find a new crowd thats more in my league.

You AZ guys this summer let me know when you heading out to firebird, see if i can tag along.

we gotta go before black jack gets back and tries taking his car there. I don't know anybody else on here that would want to go, but we can set something up. I know my ex roommate would be down to go, but he's got a pos turbo Eclipse and a Sentra Spec-V that he'd take
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #24
Kruc1fix
GX Member

Kruc1fix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kruc1fix Send a message via MSN to Kruc1fix Send a message via Yahoo to Kruc1fix
i got 3 people i can take. my my best firend with a lexus es3400 or something like that, another guy with a 92 integra, and another good friend and his dad with an evo.

idk their was a honda fit that was pretty sick and a H.E.A.R.T. stick on it lol ( Honda enthusiest against ricer trash.) About 5 cars that were really impressive and a sick evo
Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
These young kids all make fun of my car too, I really don't care.

I also get punks wanting to race me. Why? I mean on the street it doesn't really matter if I kick their ass or not, they are just going to tell their friends "Yo I raced this guy in an Alero and I kicked his ass!" Another reason to go to the track, proof is in the timeslip.

Of course the things that mean you want to race around here are really pretty stupid, one of them is going 50 in a 45

Bottom line, don't sweat it. No matter what you do to the car, people are always going to make fun of you. It's not really you, it's them.

But I am curious, what would make your car sound "strong" to these kiddies? Sounding like Craftsmans new line of riding mowers, or the Oyster's spring line of blenders?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #26
HazMatt24
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

But I am curious, what would make your car sound "strong" to these kiddies? Sounding like Craftsmans new line of riding mowers, or the Oyster's spring line of blenders?

John Deer pwns Craftsman
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #27
Kruc1fix
GX Member

Send a message via AIM to Kruc1fix Send a message via MSN to Kruc1fix Send a message via Yahoo to Kruc1fix
deep exhaust sound lol. If I got a muffler they woudln't know the differnce. other than the obvious body kits, colored calipers and stuff like that. I looked at two engines their and these guys were legit...
Old 03-03-2009, 12:50 AM   #28
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt24 View Post
John Deer pwns Craftsman

Maybe, but it's the Craftsman sound they look for, after all, nothing runs like a Deer, esp with a Craftsman Civic

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #29
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
deep exhaust sound lol. If I got a muffler they woudln't know the differnce. other than the obvious body kits, colored calipers and stuff like that. I looked at two engines their and these guys were legit...

OK well everybody has to start somewhere. I'm sure they had a totally stock car at one point. People just seem to forget where they came from

It's YOUR car, mod or not to mod it the way YOU see fit, not anybody else

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #30
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
dude i used to get bombed on all the time for rockin my hoe, ur rockin a 4door right? ur gunna get shit no matter what they used to call my car a limo cuz everyone i kno has coupes
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #31
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So I showed up at my first get together with local racers and car enthusiest with my alero. I have nothing done to it performance wise, didn't talk crap, just chilled and checked out what they had and to see whats going down in my area. So when I left my friend told me they were laughing at how weak my car sounded I mean these guy are all out of highschool or just graduated so they have time and money to work on their cars. Is this how it is everywhere? As soon as you show up you need to be spitting fire can't go to learn anything?

So I guess my first priority is a new exhaust system?

The reason they say this is because there high school kids, and if you car is not loud its weak, I have beat a few "fast" cars that were loud, mostly civics with big rims and massive mufflers lol, and all I have is a WAI, and sweet Ninja skills lol
Mod your car the way you feel you should.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #32
Kruc1fix
GX Member

yeah I would love to have a coupe lol. alright guys thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #33
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
hey did u paint those cables over your valve cover or is that photoshopped? id love to see sum close up shots

Last edited by heineck : 03-03-2009 at 02:30 AM.
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #34
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
well... to be honest you WILL need an exhaust, when it comes time for speed.

but these douches, sound = speed. so rip out your cat. you car will sound badass!

if you show up and are clearly green, they shouldn't rip too much. they should give advice.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #35
Kruc1fix
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
hey did u paint those cables over your valve cover or is that photoshopped? id love to see sum close up shots

checker autoparts you can get them for 6 bucks. they are just covers, you can get in blue, black, red, and chrome. They are meant for loose wires but I put them over the current ones. their were already some black ones in the car already. But I'll post pics up close once I get home from school.

and oh please, Im not that good at photoshop lol, look at the lighting!

Last edited by Kruc1fix : 03-03-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Kruc1fix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #36
Kruc1fix
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
well... to be honest you WILL need an exhaust, when it comes time for speed.

but these douches, sound = speed. so rip out your cat. you car will sound badass!

if you show up and are clearly green, they shouldn't rip too much. they should give advice.

Like the hole exhuast system and headers? I wanted to get that dynomax super turbo muffler. I know mufflers need to be welded on but can they come off and be welded again? Because if a complete exhuast is to much money I might just go with that for now then put on my muffler again with the new piping.

Well what does the 'cat' do?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #37
HazMatt24
GLS member

Quote:
Like the hole exhuast system and headers? I wanted to get that dynomax super turbo muffler. I know mufflers need to be welded on but can they come off and be welded again? Because if a complete exhuast is to much money I might just go with that for now then put on my muffler again with the new piping.

Well what does the 'cat' do?

American Muffler
255 E Southern Ave # 5
Mesa, AZ 85210

They can custom fab you a cat back and you can do headers later. I walked in there on a Saturday and left about an hour later with mine installed. It's right next door to where Kustom Kar Sound used to be, if you know the area.

A cat is an emissions control device, reduces the toxicity of emissions
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #38
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i see you have an ecotec in your alero, turbo it, go back and kick some ass, and then laugh when they leave....

This.
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #39
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
I get together with my car club - we just hang out and BS, drink, whatever. We have a few events every year that we go for a "spirited" (read: if you don't get a good run off the corner, and there's lots of corners, you're left in the dust) run. There are also local racing - oriented groups - some that are hard core, and some that are more in it for the comradarie and the safety/learning aspect of tract time.
If you really want to learn something about your car, hanging out with High School kids isn't where you need to be - we have young kids (sorry) in the club, too, and we love them hanging out too. You might not be able to get on a real track until you're 18, but look for a gokart league (seriously) and you'll meet some real gearheads and brush up your driving at the same time.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #40
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
yea, im in Highschool and i dont even do this, granted i will give shit if the car has a Coffee can on it... but other than that its cool jokin bs etcs, granted people ask why do i mod an alero? why not better than everyone else drivin civics etc. i wanna be unique and not have a car that looks like everyone elses, and has a coffee can with a 15 inch diamater on it... (over exagertated for point)