Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Head Unit Install scheduled

Yup that's right I scheduled the AVH-X5500BHS for install next weekend. I'll update ya when it's done. Fry's wouldn't touch it because of the dash support trim needed. I was going to have Fry's do it because they are cheaper but they won't do any alterations. These guys do nice work and are friendly and knowledgeable seeming so far at least from the work I have seen so far.I had a buddy have them do some work and he was happy with it. They price by the hour instead of per job so we'll see how much the charge me when it's said and done. The price is $150 an hour so...If they only need to do a little cutting and laying the Remote turn on and RCA's to the trunk shouldn't be over $400 I hope lo.l

http://www.caraudioinnovations.com/

Last edited by negolien : 03-22-2014 at 08:16 PM.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
$400 to install a headunit and run some wires to the trunk?

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
yup

$400 to trim the dash supports, install the Metra Adapter, the dash kit, the mic for the bluetooth, lay twisted RCAs run a new power wire to the amp and install the head unit.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
dude... save your cash and do it yourself!! not to be rude, but a stereo installation is pretty simple, and when you see what needs to be done, you will be mad at yourself for paying that kind of money...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
$400 to trim the dash supports, install the Metra Adapter, the dash kit, the mic for the bluetooth, lay twisted RCAs run a new power wire to the amp and install the head unit.

that is %$#@!@@$$%^&^*** $@@@$%ing crazy pricing. Its not that hard... at all. you can do all that yourself within 2 hours even if you only have the most basic of knowledge. Its really really really simple... especially on an alero because there are countless pages of info on all the best ways to do it right here on the forum. a lot of them with pictures... and alero is pretty darn easy to work on compared to other cars I have done installs like that on.
but hey! if you have $400 your willing to toss at someone to save yourself from a little bit of sweat and dirt on your hands, not to mention making your car 'yours' then hey, all you.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
negolien
GL Member

I said no more than $400. Or I could just chop the crap out of the dash supports and chop the crap outtta my faceplate to be all ghetto. If I wanted to pay $70 and have it look like crap I would do it myself and save the money. The price was a no more than quote.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
I got it done by bestbuy for $200. Although the usb doesn't seem to work after bringing it back there two times..But yeah if thy charge up too $400 they are ripping people off in my eyes.
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #8
negolien
GL Member

Soooo ready

Some of their installs make me think back to my years of TV watching as a child. I was going to have it detailed before taking it in but it's been raining like piss all week. I' am just gonna throw a vacuum and wipe down on the interior prior to the install. Installs at 9am tomorrow and I' am super excited and so ready to stream music instead of using crappy CD's. Making blue tooth calls vs. pawing at my phone to speaker phone it. Interested to see if there is any improvement in the audio quality vs. the Mansoon deck. Check the show cars section and dig on the monkeemobile...

http://www.caraudioinnovations.com/installations.htm
Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #9
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Waste of a goat
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
negolien
GL Member

Talking Very Nice

OK.... Install done total for DD Install, Custom Installation labor-modify bezel opening and dash structure to accommodate customer supplied Radio, Bluetooth phone microphone install and set up including all parts and supplies = $244

Below is a link to some pics but they are only from my crappy tracphone. It's raining like piss still. I'll grab my Cannon and take some pics tomorrow.

Super happy with the install and the experience. It did take them from 10am-2:30pm but they didn't charge me any extra though they state they charge $150 an hour for install of customer supplied equipment instead of the standard $85 for installing stuff they sell ya. They tied it in nice to my amp in the trunk including the RCA's and new power wire. Set up the sound for me and it sounds a lot better than with the Stock Monoon deck actually. They even check to see if I had a disc in the old deck before installing the new one and put it in the new deck :<)....

Over all well worth the $250 to have a nice looking install instead of some $70 chop job that looks and sounds like SH*T. Fry's wanted $120 for stock dd non Bluetooth phone non custom install. They refused to do the install so I went to Rod and crew after talking to my buddy. Besides like I have said before I' am too old and lazy to do this crap myself.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/Ne...postlogin=true
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #11
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
The link wont work.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
negolien
GL Member

LOL sorry forgot to make it public there ya go. As a side note that's an original monkeymobile so it's probably worth what about 50 times the price of anything Gold's got ....I remember watching new episodes of that show man am I getting old

Last edited by negolien : 03-29-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #13
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I dont care what it is worth still waste of a gto
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
negolien
GL Member

Whatever you say negative Nancy...
Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
lol that's one ugly GTO

Just opinions. It's a car. Everyone has their own vision on what should be done to a car.

You think it's the bees knees. But to me, it's not worth shit. I don't want it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #16
negolien
GL Member

LOL that is true the difference is the worth because of the series but yes it is quite fugly lol. I can't even imagine how much that's worth though 1 of 2 originals. Though you would think adding any non show type custom work would devalue it. I' am sure the factory had a lot of involvement with it as it was in the early 70's.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
What gto? Are we talking about a car or what? I dont see a GTO...

Oh okay yeah ew. Another member here awhile back posted pics of a car show meet thing in his town I forget who.... but he got a picture of that car.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 03-30-2014 at 04:21 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #18
luckilero7
GL Member

luckilero7 is an unknown quantity at this point
They still got ya good. Ask some people on here about my own install that I did myself with a very complicated head unit. I didn't chop anything up and looked great! Hell, I would've done yours for $100. But hey to each their own so glad you're happy with it.
luckilero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:46 AM   #19
negolien
GL Member

Talking I' am

I' am more than happy with the new deck and install. Relieved I don't have to worry about this part of the audio system anymore to be honest the will it fit won't it fit how much will a custom install stuff cost drove me nearly batsh*t.The Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS is an awesome deck compared to the stock one and I' am super happy with it and how it's integrated into the system. It really brought the subs to life and added a lot better SQ to the system over all.

Now I just need to focus on the last two amps and integrating them, the Polk 4x6's and INFINITY KAPPA 693.11i 6 x 9" 6x9's and the back up camera into the system. I'll probably go with setting the new distribution block, big three and all the wiring up first.

So let's recap with pics of the subs, amp and one of the new head unit.

Last edited by negolien : 03-31-2014 at 12:53 AM. Reason: tying it all in
Old 03-31-2014, 02:29 AM   #20
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I like!! I hope those MTX subs last you... MTX isn't what it used to be 5 10 years ago. My first set of subs were MTX's and they blew within in a month.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote