Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 01-25-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
atc31510
GX Member

atc31510 is on a distinguished road
New guy from Ga

Hey guys new to the forum very cool site lots of good info. I searched forum and have not come up with a answer to my problem so I gonna ask and see what y'all think. I have a 03 alero with the v6 engine. It will run great then all the sudden the idle will go up and stay. Will idle from 2000 to 3000 rpms and not come back down. I have replaced the iacv,coolant temp sensor and tps already. I have also cleaned the throttle body and replaced intake and throttle body gaskets. I have looked for vac leaks and can't find any at all. There is no engine light on. I did notice when I have my scanner hook and it's running right the tps will go from 0 to 100 like it should when I press the throttle down but when it's idles high the tsp will not go back to zero and May jump around and never settle back down. Even if I unplug the tps while my scanner is on the tps will still show me a reading and will continue to idle high. I have tried everything I can think of so any help would be great because I have no more ideas.
atc31510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Kinda sounds like a tps issue.

I suggest running a Delphi or AC Delco brand tps.

I have had many issues with store brand tps's. My car would read 5% throttle at idle.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum!

You might have a dud TPS.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote