Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Seorsum
GX Member

Seorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond repute
Hello from California!

New to the forums with my green 2000 Alero 3400 V6. I got it a year ago and it just got 120k miles! Also, I'm 17 and it's my first car!

The previous owners were okay with it, but there are some problems. Someone rear ended them so the trunk isn't aligned right. I had to bypass the heater core as it leaks into my passenger floor, changed the power steering pump, plus some parts are just a little cracked or so from weather damage. Also, the sunroof gets stuck open, I think it's just the track, the motor works just fine.

I've put a aftermarket deck in, two 12" Kicker subs and a 1200w amp in the trunk. I'm wanting to replace the two 6x9's and 4x6's.

I've been reading the forums for a bit and so far I've cleared my corners and painted the bezel. I noticed a lot of other users pictures of under the hood with different intakes and I'm interested in doing that.

One thing I really don't like is changing the spark plugs on this FWD V6, the three near the firewall are a lot of work to get to. I don't know if it's just my car, but the spark plug caps(?), the part that connects to the plug, are really hard to get off, it took me about 5 minutes for each one!

It needs a wash, and some paint on top of the trunk!

Seorsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the site.
Clear your......nevermind
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, not a bad car.

The spark plugs get easier as you change them, new plugs and wires can help for a easy installation the next time you need to do it, easiest way to get to the back 3 is get on top of your motor haha I literally sit on mine pretty much to get to em.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
OE plug wires aren't durable really. I switched to NGK wires and haven't had a problem. Anyways welcome!

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Seorsum
GX Member

Seorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath
OE plug wires aren't durable really. I switched to NGK wires and haven't had a problem. Anyways welcome!
I'll probably switch them today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold
welcome to the site.
Clear your......nevermind
Aha, way ahead of you, I like this look better, I'll probably put a grille mesh by the fogs and radiator, spray em black and clear coat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero
Welcome, not a bad car.

The spark plugs get easier as you change them, new plugs and wires can help for a easy installation the next time you need to do it, easiest way to get to the back 3 is get on top of your motor haha I literally sit on mine pretty much to get to em.
I had to take off the alternator and distributor to even think about getting to them!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forums.

You should upgrade your 4x6 to 6 1/2 speakers. There's an adapter you can use in place of the stock speaker assembly.

I would also recommend components. It will make everything worth it. Plus you can replace the tweeter on the sail panel, no prob.

Post pics of your audio set up!
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
Seorsum
GX Member

Hard to get a good angle of the amp, it's a 1200w mono AudioTek amp.

Dont mind the book, high school student here...

Dual deck, I think it's a WalMart brand, but I got it for $10, USB and AUX inputs so I'm happy with it. Metallica was play at the time.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Seorsum
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seorsum View Post
I noticed a lot of other users pictures of under the hood with different intakes and I'm interested in doing that.
For that line, could someone point me into the direction of what to look for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
You should upgrade your 4x6 to 6 1/2 speakers. There's an adapter you can use in place of the stock speaker assembly.

I would also recommend components.
I'll look into the 6 1/2's but what do you mean by components?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Seorsum, with regards to the intake question, http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...ht=CAI+install - this is a link to the Cold air intake install thread.

You don't really need a component system for a great setup, if you get a good brand of 3 way 6x9s and 2 way 4x6s, you won't be disappointed.

On amazon.com:
6x9 infinity - http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Refer...s=infinity+6x9

4x6 infinity - http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Refer...s=infinity+4x6

I currently have these speakers installed and they sound amazing using only the built-in mosfet amp on my deck.
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to A-Mod.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Clear your corners!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #13
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seorsum View Post
For that line, could someone point me into the direction of what to look for?

I'll look into the 6 1/2's but what do you mean by components?

Not bad of an audio system. Did you really get that Dual deck for $10 though? It looks like a Pioneer deck.

BTW Dual isn't a "walmart" brand, but it's really not that well known. It's actually a S. Korea brand, owned by Namsung.

Durabrand was the walmart brand back in the day, and they used to make radios. That was back in the early 2000's, when they still made Aleros.... or Oldsmobiles for that matter.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #14
DeeJayy
GX Member

DeeJayy is on a distinguished road
Welcome, What part of cali? I'm from LA area.
DeeJayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Seorsum
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJayy View Post
Welcome, What part of cali? I'm from LA area.

Abuot 8 hours north of you then, I'm in Stockton, a little bit south of Sac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar
Did you really get that Dual deck for $10 though? It looks like a Pioneer deck.
My brother sold me the Dual deck, a 4channel Jensen 4000a 500w (I think it was that, 125w per channel), and 2 cheap and blown 10s all for $30. I got rid of those 10s and got a better amp. I'll probably use the Jensen amp for the rest of the system once I upgrade the 6x9s and get 6 1/2s, until I get a better one.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
DeeJayy
GX Member

DeeJayy is on a distinguished road
[quote=Seorsum;632968]Abuot 8 hours north of you then, I'm in Stockton, a little bit south of Sac

I see, I have family that lives in El Dorado Hills and Folsom. Goin up there in March for a wedding.
DeeJayy is offline   Reply With Quote