Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #21
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
thats wierd they put a chevy badge outfront yet the airbag is still a olds emblem
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
ohh okay not to shabby then!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
mfuller

Doesn't the engine displacement play a huge factor in vehicle taxes in Europe? I wonder if any V6 Aleros ever made it across the pond?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
have not seen or heard of one, it would be neat though, having an "imported" alero would be pretty sweet..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #25
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Doesn't the engine displacement play a huge factor in vehicle taxes in Europe? I wonder if any V6 Aleros ever made it across the pond?

Julian's (falloutboy) Alero has the 3.4L V6.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
sleepyalero
GLS member

i guess i was thinking a different way. though he ment chevy aleros making it to the U.S
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
estalero
GX Member

estalero is on a distinguished road
there you have:
http://auto.plius.lt/skelbimai/chevr...s-1496495.html
estalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
Julian's (falloutboy) Alero has the 3.4L V6.

The Swedish kid and the kid in Israel both had V6's. Marrko had the 2.4

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #29
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Well since no one gave you a clear answer, in the US, the year on the VIN is the model year. The "build date" is not put in the VIN. My Grand Am was built in November 2002 and it has the "3" in the VIN but it has "11/02" on the door sticker. If your car has a "1" for the year in the VIN then it is a 2001 model year equivalent.

Also, for the person asking about the 2.4 in a 2003, European countries consider the year it was registered as the "year of the car". So you could essentially have a 2008 but if it wasn't registered until 2011, then the car is considered a 2011. Very weird thing that they do but I assume that you look for parts with the "build date" in Europe.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #30
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Well since no one gave you a clear answer, in the US, the year on the VIN is the model year. The "build date" is not put in the VIN. My Grand Am was built in November 2002 and it has the "3" in the VIN but it has "11/02" on the door sticker. If your car has a "1" for the year in the VIN then it is a 2001 model year equivalent.

Also, for the person asking about the 2.4 in a 2003, European countries consider the year it was registered as the "year of the car". So you could essentially have a 2008 but if it wasn't registered until 2011, then the car is considered a 2011. Very weird thing that they do but I assume that you look for parts with the "build date" in Europe.

I was saying that to get him to give information like that and he already did a vin check to find out that it is an 01' ya skimmer

You did give good info though and I did not know that about the year thing in Europe and that sounds dumb
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #31
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
i guess i was thinking a different way. though he ment chevy aleros making it to the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
The Swedish kid and the kid in Israel both had V6's. Marrko had the 2.4

I thought he meant did any V6 Aleros make it to Europe, which they did based on what I posted, the link estalero posted, and what Redog posted.

If you were going to import one though I would find a 1999 model year because they still had the Oldsmobile badges on them. The Chevrolet badges were added starting with the 2000 model year because a lot of people didn't recognize the Oldsmobile badges.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).

Last edited by That01Olds : 12-12-2012 at 01:02 AM.
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #32
sleepyalero
GLS member

ahh interesting i think it would be sweet though.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #33
estalero
GX Member

As I told, I bought this Alero in November from insurance auction with rear damage.

Why I did this?
I needed a new car, but as I had had financial troubles, I had almost no money.
I had my eye on Aleros for some time before, but I could not afford one in any condition. (interestingly I have not seen beater Alero for sale here)
It was black with beige interior, which is my favorite combo.
It was in very fresh condition otherwise for 10 year old car.
Odometer said 134 000km / 83 300 miles, which I could verify yesterday, as odometer frauds are rather common in europe.

I payd aprox. $1000 for it.

But I had no money to fix it, just my hands. So I wanted to fix it up temporary, get the paperwork ok and drive it like that for a while. So here are the photos before and after, interestingly there is no rust formed on the area without paint, though it has been approximately 7 months, 3 of them on salted roads since accident:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (56.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (62.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
just posting so you i know i'm here
Old 03-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #35
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like the repair went some what well, repaired it yourself?
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #36
estalero
GX Member

Yes, I did it myself. And when the weather gets warm than I will finish that work.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #37
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
you also have side marker lights on your front fenders. we here dont have that.

In Canada we have them. I've seen a couple Aleros with them.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #38
sleepyalero
GLS member

very interesting.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: