Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-18-2003, 12:48 PM   #1
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
which is the best kit to get for HID's

There is really no 'best kit' per se. I heard Catz systems are pretty good. I had Mr. Jung's kit. The price was very good, and it used Hella ballasts (the top of the line) but the bulbs aren't top-notch.

The only way to get the real HID look is to get a true kit from an OEM car and retrofit the projectors into our headlight housing. I'll be working on this project over the winter.

If i were you, if'd buy Mr. Jungs 5200K, i have the 7000K which are really purple when you turn them on and them turn white, but from far away there really blue people say. But if your going to get HIDs, get the brightest ones. If your waiting for someone to make projectors, don't hold your breath

Whats involved in wiring in an HID assembly out of a junkyard car? I know some Acuras don't have projectors, would they look good on our cars? I might do this over the winter also.

You wouldn't be able to buy them out of a junkyard car, they would have already been taken out and sold if the car went to a junkyard. They're worth too much. But you can buy them on ebay used from wrecks. You would have to design an aiming mechanism, make mounting brackets, find a way to enclose the projectors, probably make a hole in the metal behind the headlights to accomidate the projector rears, and some other stuff.

Would they look like crap without projectors? I've seen some Acuras that don't have them and they're almost blinding up close. Can they just be hardwired into our stock headlight wiring harness. I know theres extra equipment that need to be mounted but is the wiring easy?

Well ask naich he has them... Also projectors would be nice , but that would take some effort on customizing the factory head light.... Hummm i might try to do this......

i'll let ya know if its cost effective to do this...

Yeah, I just sold my HID kit because, while it looked nice, it wasn't exactly what I wanted the end result to look like. It depends on how particular you are. You can get a kit from Mr. Jung or Catz, and just get the 9006 bulbs, and they will be fine. I switched to Silverstars for now, and the HIDs are much brighter.... it's just a different kind of light. The HIDs without projectors look good, but not worth the price unless you put in projectors too IMO. Everyone has different tastes though.

No they don't look like crap because our lights has that special plastic light fixture that faces the light down, so it doesn't refract in every which way. Like Naich said, i would have loved also to get a real 4100K HID setup with projectors but that can run you to around $800 for all the custom work, cheaper if you want to do it yourself but still not as cheap as just buying mr.Jungs, i have those <<< and i love um. Not even comparable with halogen bulbs. So much brighter, its a good apperance mod to get noticed with but even better safety mod for driving at night. I might buy some hi-beams next summer because i love um so much, but we'll see. Buy them dude, you wont regret it.

I have to agree with Ak Racing I had been sitting on my 6000k's from Mr. Jung for over a year and just around to installing them yesterday. I had custom acrylic cases made since I couldn't find the ones that match on-line. But let me tell you- the difference between the Cool-Blue's and the HID's is almost like night and day! They are extremely bright that put out a very white (with a bluish tinge) light. There is some light leakage that is inherent in how the headlamp case is designed- projectors would remove that problem. But it's not bad at all. It just allows you to see everything in front, with illumination high and to the sides. The fog lights look absolutely horrible now...I need to get some replacements in there.

If you can't afford the projector option, just get the standard HID kit. You won't be disappointed!
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #2
Rolling On 20's

True about the light leaking out from like the sides, but overall the Jungs HID kit is very good, I have the 7000K kit on my ride.

Peace.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
StealthAlero

Post Stealer
Old 11-19-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
alerov6

am gonna be getting a kit pretty soon. I like stealthalero's kit a lot