Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
olds_aero
GX Member

olds_aero is on a distinguished road
New from GA

This is my recently bought 99 Alero. Not sure what color to call it since it changes in the sunlight. Bought it with 101,xxx miles. I put in it 2 Audiopipe 12's with a Power Teknique 1000watt amp. I have a Boss touchscreen head unit. I already blew the 4x6's and one 6x9.

I want to add GA side mirrors and tail. HID headlights and foglights. Do a 15% tint on the windows. Clear the corners and tint the headlights and tail lights. I may want to keep the stock color and do a two tone with gunmetal gray on top. I've been looking at body kits but may want to go with aftermarket GA side skirts,rear bumper and Razzi front bumper for the Alero.

I'll change all the electronics to Clarion from the HUD to the subs.

For performance, I'm thinking about adding a M62 s/c and upgrading the TB to 62 or 70mm. Upgrade the brakes X drilled and slotted all around. Lower with Eibach springs and KYB shocks.

I plan on doing everything that I can myself to save money since it'll be a slow build.

Any suggestions on what to do that may be different is much appreciated. I'll add more pics of the system setup later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0004.jpg (50.9 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0005.jpg (52.7 KB, 62 views)
olds_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Finding a M62 kit is near impossible. There's less than 20 in existence. Also a 70mm TB will not fit on our intake manifolds. The largest most people go is 65mm. There is a 68mm TB but I think the max the intake manifold can actually be ported is 65mm.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! you should get some euro headlights or clear your corners, it would look great with that color.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
love the color. welcome.

i believe you can run a 68 okay with ported UIM. dont quote me on that though.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site from The Volunteer State.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
olds_aero
GX Member

Thanks for the replies and thanks for clearing up the TB, i wasn't sure of the biggest size. I saw a GA and Alero with M62 which sparked the idea.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah those m62s are tough to come by, even with the full chrome option they had.

I've seen em go for sale for over 4,000$ so it's a pretty penny. And you're lucky to see one being sold once in 3 years. Last time I saw one I think was about 2-3 years ago on here being sold.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site...that color is awesome, what do you mean by Grand Am tail, if you are referring to any part of the rear end you have to replace everything on the outer shell of the car starting with the quarter panels all the way back
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #9
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Welcome!!! LOVE THAT COLOR!!!! Pretty rare color....don't change it! lol. Sounds like some good plans but as the other guys said those m62's are hard to find....prob better off going with a turbo set up. This is a great site with some great people AND some great info! Enjoy
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
M62?? Is your car an Ecotec? or are you trying to make your own OSV/SC-T?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I think that color is called dark mulberry metallic
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
olds_aero
GX Member

I trashed the idea for the s/c. By tail I mean the wing from a GA, I like the style and I think it would look better that the OEM wing on the Alero.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds_aero View Post
I trashed the idea for the s/c. By tail I mean the wing from a GA, I like the style and I think it would look better that the OEM wing on the Alero.

Do an sc/t grand am spoiler on it. The normal ga spoilers are meh...

I believe the holes will line up as I was looking to do the sc/t spoiler at one point. But I'd make sure..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
olds_aero
GX Member

That's a good idea, haven' t thought about the sc/t wing. I'm gonna make a shopping list of things to get when I get the chance to go to pull a part
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
wombatslayer
GX Member

wombatslayer is on a distinguished road
i'm strangely attracted to your car. haha good luck with the build!