Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Roof Mount Dvd

Quick question: Does anyone have a roof mounted dvd player and do you have a pic that I can see? Trying to get ideas when I get mine. I was thinking about mounting it where the over head storage is let me know what yall think.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Ya that storage is pretty worthless.

Its a good spot if you can get proper fit or have to fab yuor own shroud up.

Now I hope you wouldnt think of using it while car is in motion? (not sure if you got kids etc). Because it will serious hinder your line of sight.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Ya that storage is pretty worthless.

Its a good spot if you can get proper fit or have to fab yuor own shroud up.

Now I hope you wouldnt think of using it while car is in motion? (not sure if you got kids etc). Because it will serious hinder your line of sight.
Yeah I was thinking about that I do have kids and I kind of want the best of both worlds. To be able to see it but yet allow them to see it as well. If it is going to be a big problem with my line of sight then I guess I have to put it where the dome light is or just behind it. Wish I has some pics of someones to get an idea. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
It will be to close to your head and block your rear view mirror then.

Your best bet it to put them in the headrests or seat backs.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
It will be to close to your head and block your rear view mirror then.

Your best bet it to put them in the headrests or seat backs.
Its a 10inch flip down with built in dvd. I wouldn't want to go throught the trouble. On the other hand I could just remove the dome light and stick it there, believe it or not I rarely use the rear view mirror anyway, as long as I got sides I'm cool.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
I dont even have a rear view mirror. Fell off 3 times from bass, so i just gave up.

U can always put it where the dome light is, I've seen a few alero's like that.
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi-Alero View Post
I dont even have a rear view mirror. Fell off 3 times from bass, so i just gave up.

U can always put it where the dome light is, I've seen a few alero's like that.
Yeah I thought about that but my wife is going to want to see it when we take long trips as well so that won't work for me.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Got the DVD today.

Got the DVD Combo today here are some pics of what it looks like. This thing is fricken huge man. The picture with the shoe is a size reference, that's my shoe and its a size 13.
Attachment 2904

Attachment 2905

Attachment 2906

Last edited by lonnie : 10-31-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Dvd is installed and working pretty good, I am getting some alternator whine but I know why I ran the audio right beside the power and ground without thinking about causing a ground loop but instead of pulling it all down and rerunning the wire I will just put a diode inline with the +12 and that should take care of it. If not then I'll just buy a ground loop isolator, technically I could make one.Attachment 2944 If anyone needs any help with installation of something similar I would be more then willing to help. Those that do stop by this thread please let me know what you think.

Last edited by lonnie : 10-31-2007 at 08:18 AM.