Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-22-2005, 02:23 AM   #1
niral622
GX Member

niral622 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering if it was worth it to replace the stock tweeters with a nice set (around $60-70)...like these: http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGTO16T

Would it make a noticeable difference? (assuming I keep the stock HU, NOT aftermarket)

Thanks...
Old 05-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
UnoWHO

I did it with my stock Hu and it made my ears hurt the first time i did it...Yes, It is worth it, Also Use the search Function for things...There a topic about this Already But yea I love aftermarket tweeters

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?sho...873&hl=tweeters

I think that link will work
Old 05-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
dark_n_evil

i am still using my stock ones and they still sound great but i am all aftermarket too.
but as for those jbl they arent as good as they say they are.
your factory one sound better.
i do carry difference sets for half the price if your interested pm me
Old 05-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
I wouldn't bother upgrading them, your stock ones work just fine.
But ive also got 6 tweets. 2 stock, 2 on each door speaker and 2 on each 6x9
Old 05-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
jiffy

Just get a nice set of component speakers...
Old 05-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
Kurt Zee

does anybody know where i can get the casing for the tweeters on the door?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #7
RAVAGE214

Im pretty sure the stock radio (if you have moonsun) and speakers run at a differnt restistance than all normal car speakers (like 6 ohm) so id be weary about replacing them if you are a monsun guy, but if not, just powering them trew the stock system is probably gonna sound liek ass, you yould see better audio using the power increase from an aftermarket HU. in addition you would get more functionality and up gradeability.
Also just ym personal advise would be not to start with tweeters, at least get some 4x6 speakers, the pioneer 3 ways sound great w/ an aftermarket hu.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #8
niral622
GX Member

I was thinking about components, but they usually come as round woofers and I dont wanna mess with custom fitting them in so i'll probably just buy a set of 4x6's and a separate set of tweeters...tho it does sound tempting to get the components....

Now ya got me thinking...see what you guys did! :P

P.S. I dont have a monsoon sound system, just the normal 2003 stock CD deck (no tape either)...and my car is fully stock as of now
Old 05-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #9
RAVAGE214

Quote:
Originally posted by niral622@May 23 2005, 12:18 PM
I was thinking about components, but they usually come as round woofers and I dont wanna mess with custom fitting them in so i'll probably just buy a set of 4x6's and a separate set of tweeters...tho it does sound tempting to get the components....

Now ya got me thinking...see what you guys did! :P

P.S. I dont have a monsoon sound system, just the normal 2003 stock CD deck (no tape either)...and my car is fully stock as of now

The only problem you might run into is 4x6 is a verry hard speaker size for really loud mid bass, which is what you will want it for, there just to small and ovaly really. i have mine getting 60wrms and there really good when its not too loud, but im gonna either custom mount a 5 1/4 in the door or get one of those 6 1/2 enclosures that go by the floor, when i go 100wrms all around.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
niral622
GX Member

yeah im thinking of getting a set of 5.25 components...there used to be a guy that made the baffles for us a while back...anyone remember that? does he still make them?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #11
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i get alot of static through my tweets... maybe its just cuz i'm blasting metal music w/ no crossovers... just overload them some. (its only some songs...)
Old 05-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #12
dt_freak1

hell i just freakin bypassed all the factory wiring and amp and head unit. and i dont have any aftermarket tweets on my front doors, just am using the coaxial FX7s to give mids and highs and they work pretty well. ive detailed all my install before under my post in this section but YES, if you have the factory monsoon amp the front door speakers are 6 ohms and the 6x9s are freaking 2 ohm. tell me how the freak do you get 2 ohms from 6x9s?! :wtf:
Old 05-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #13
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
2 ohm voice coils :rolleyes:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #14
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
The rear 6x9 on the monsoon is 2 ohm for the woofer and four for the midrange and tweeter. The woofer is on a seperate channel from the mids and tweet. I think there may be two versions of the amp. My monsoon amp has the front configured in the same manor. One channel is running the 4x6 midrange and another is running the tweeter. Both are four ohm. I have seen a others that had the front 4x6 and tweeter on one channel with a resistor and cap in line for blocking the highs.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:03 PM   #15
dt_freak1

all i know is i gutted the factory equipment and bypassed all the factory wiring and even unhooked and pulled out the factory amp. damn GM and their stupid databus that makes you buy the GMRC01! issed: