Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
The Eclipse show car visited our factory today. I guess I should say SUV. They were demonstrating the new navigation products and three way point source speakers. I love the double din displays, but I am still not sold on paying the kind of money on a lcd for the car. They just haven't gotten to the point of being able to overcome harsh sunlight. I do have to say that the new double din dvd, navigation units are nice, though. They have a fourty or thirty gig hard drive on board and will record from cd, satellite, or radio. The best part of the show had to be the prototype navigation. They had a double din dvd and navigation in the dash that can be viewed simultatneously. If you are in the passenger side and look at the lcd the navigation is perfectly visible. If you move the passenger side you see the dvd playing. If you move to the center there is a very small point that you see both playing at the same time. It had to be the coolest thing I have ever seen. I had no idea that a lcd could output two displays at the same time. Imagine what it could do at home. You could be sitting next to your wife watching a completely different show from her. Perfect picture in picture. Of course you would need headphones to drown out the bold and the beautifull.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like some awesome equipment being released soon.....I really love advancements in technology, but seldom enjoy the associated price tag....and it's also good to see that you support the product company you work with.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you work at an eclipse manufacturing facility there in ohio?
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
mmmm that would be pymp to watch movie on one side and navi on the other... dammn...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
mikegett
GL Member

Like I stated. I am still uncertain about lcd's in the car. But this thing just blew me away. The whole concept just floored me. The neatest part was that it was in the car and not just something read from a brochure. I believe that this is going to be in cars very soon. They stated that nearly all manufacturers are very interested in it. I would say that 2006 we will be seing them on the market.
I work for Fujitsu Ten and produce the OEM products to Toyota, GM,and Honda. Toyota is the biggest portion. They helped to start Fujitsu Ten as a branch of Fujitsu Limited in the eighties. Nearly all eclipse products are produced in Japan, china and the philipines.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #6
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eh, thats what I thought.

I'll stick to my american made rf speakers
Old 05-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

You would be suprised to find out how few of the "made in the US" there is left. The same is said for automobiles. Toyota has the only vehicles that are actually produced in the US. All other companies out source or build the product overseas and assemble it here. In fact. Toyota refused to have any product in the vehicle produced from countries such as Mexico or China due to the low quality. It was only the past four or five years that they started to allow suppliers to use them. In the event (such as our mexico plant) should build a product in Mexico it must be fully tested through one of our American facilities. I would be willing to bet that Rockfords are not 100 percent manufactured in the US. I would say that they are desinged in the US, woofers and tweets are produced overseas, and then assembled in there plant. I think I have a supervisor that could get the information. As I stated earlier. there are very few speaker manufacturers. Even globaly. I don't recall seeing rockford as one of them. Onkyo was pretty big and located in the US. They supplied to a large number of facilities until there products went to poop.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
00RazziGLS

The elipse station wagon magnum car was here at our shop a week or two ago. The one with lambo doors and hydrolics lol. It was alright....
Old 05-28-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
eag182
V.I.P. Member

Yes, and it is sad, but regardless what I have says its made here. The whole situation is screwy. The US is trying to slap a 30% tariff on chinese stuff now if they don't "un"peg their currency. Its just comforting to know I can buy (some) stuff made here. But yea RF woofers and tweets are from the far east.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:40 AM   #10
mikegett
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eag182@May 28 2005, 06:49 PM
Yes, and it is sad, but regardless what I have says its made here. The whole situation is screwy. The US is trying to slap a 30% tariff on chinese stuff now if they don't "un"peg their currency. Its just comforting to know I can buy (some) stuff made here. But yea RF woofers and tweets are from the far east.
The unfortunate thing is that customers in the US are the ones that will foot that bill. The companies that are already in china can't just move out. The tariff will impact the companies profit first thing. From there it all goes down hill. In the end, the consumers pay the 30 percent increase. Using economics to make a point is never a good thing.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #11
dt_freak1

even boston acoustics speakers are assembled overseas...at least the parts are american homegrown though :\ *waves an american flag* American and PROUD!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:03 AM   #12
mikegett
GL Member

It realy pisses you off to see how companies are allowed to advertise. I don't have that much of a problem with a company outsourcing a product. The reality is that if the consumers deemand cheaper it has to be done. What I don't like is seeing a company misslead or play off the consumers emotions to make a sell.