Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #41
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Molson stated the colors of the HU wires. He then stated the yellow HU wire went through the harness. Then the red bypassed the harness to the 12volt ignition. He was referencing the red HU wire he had just described. Not the red loose wire. Either way, it doesn't matter as long as the 12 volt switched wire (from the HU) is what the loose wire attaches to. I had stated that I thought that molson was mistaken and the yellow was the switched ACC. I just checked my manual and he was correct.
" 1 ACC Red Connect where the power comes on
when the ignition is in the ACC
position.
2 B+ Yellow Connect where the power is constantly
available, regardless of the ignition
switch's position."
So as Molson stated, the red HU wire will bypass the harness and connect to the loose red wire to plug into the fuse bay.
This is off subject, but I was wandering if FormulaNerd ever recieved a refund from 99blackalero. It kind of shocked me. I always thought he seemed like a nice guy in the forums.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #42
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
maybe i read it wrong, but what it sounded like is the red wire got pulled out of the plug, that plugs into the deck if so, all he has to do is push it back in the right spot, but you should call aiwa for the location of the redwire.

i might have read it wrong though
Old 01-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #43
stlalerodude03

thanks for all of your help guys i really apprectiate it ill try it out tommorow and post if it works or not because its gettign reall frusterating....why dotn they just ass this wire to the harness and make alot of things eaisier, thanks for everything
Old 01-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #44
stlalerodude03

it works great now and loosk asweome thansk for all the help if you wann see just check out my car domain site...tyhanks again
Old 05-31-2005, 10:23 PM   #45
BartTN
GX Member

BartTN is an unknown quantity at this point
I am at a lost. I have read about all the wires here also. I find myself looking for a switched 12+. I have moved my HU to the trunk and am in the middle of installing a computer with touch screen. Everything is ready but can not locate a ACC power anywhere. The closet I got was the AC controls. I tried the fuse block on both the drivers and passenger side and they all show hot, doesn't matter ign on or not. Any ideals???

Thanks Bart

"What do wings do again?"
BartTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:37 PM   #46
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I am not sure of what you may be testing. If everything is hot, I would assume your on the wrong side of the fuse box. On the drivers side fuse box, just find something like your AC control or moonroof (what I used). From there, You need a fuse tap that plugs into the moonroof fuse slot. It will have a slot for keeping your old moonroof fuse and a slot to add a new one. Just plug tap into it with a wire and run it to your trunk. The only thing I am confused about is the HU. If you are moving the original HU to the rear, there will still be a 12 volt switched. The problem comes from adding a aftermarket HU. The factory HU gets its switched 12volt from a bus signal on the cars network. If you remove the HU, the network doesn't get a return signal to turn it on.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:47 AM   #47
AleroBloke

Quote:
Originally posted by stlalerodude03@Jan 11 2005, 03:39 PM
awia
theres your problem.. jk.. Try this shiz out mofo, i'm not sure if this will help., but this is a diagram.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #48
BartTN
GX Member

BartTN is an unknown quantity at this point
mikegett,

I tested both driver and passenger side fuse panels (where the fuses are in the slots) and used a multimeter and the fuses were showing 12 volts on all. I must admit I am at a loss.

EDIT: Ok color me stupid... When you test the HU you have to have the plug in the stereo for it to see it and send power when the acc is on. I had the plug pulled and was checking that way. Thanks again!!!

"What do wings do again?"
BartTN is offline   Reply With Quote