Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
The other day, I went to try and mess with my fader on my stereo and noticed that when i put the music to the back, the sound went away and only bass was being played (out of the sub). My question is, what happened. I had best buy install this about 7 months ago. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Also, music plays out the back speakers when the fader is in the middle. Weird eh.

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
knowfear

sounds like they wired the harness wrong, and hooked up all of your interior speakers to the front set and somehow wired the subs thru the rears or something. its nearly impossible to make that mistake, but i guess a newbie coulda done it. 1 question, when you have the fader on the fronts, listen to see if your rears are on and you could test this theory.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
or his deck only has 2 sets of preouts......
Old 05-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
knowfear

i dont think preouts have anything to do with the rear speakers. the deck should have seperate wires for each of the interior speakers, and preouts if applicable for adding components.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

well the preouts will have everything to do with the rear speakers if they are being powered by an aftermarket amp. And it certainly sounds like he may have aftermarket speakers in the front and rear. but thats a geuss.

I dont think we can comment accuratly until Justy tells us what his stereo consists of.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM   #6
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
good point King.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 PM   #7
Justy311
GL Member

alright, sorry for the late reply, moving out for college for the summer. I have a JVC KD-LH300 deck with infinity front speakers, and polk rear speakers. I have an MTX 1/2 MONO amp for my sub, and an MTX 4 channel for my speakers. I had this all set up before I bought the deck, and when I had it installed it was just a replacement deck, so I am baffled myself why this is like this. I might take out the deck and see whats up! what do you think

Old 05-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #8
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

Well after googling your deck, I would have to say that it only has 2 pairs of preouts. Therefore, your front and rear speakers are run on one chennel and your sub on the other.

(Im not sure about this info, it appears there are a few models of the LH300, can you find a pic of your deck either from the internet or take one of your deck.)
Old 05-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #9
Justy311
GL Member

This is the radio, after looking at it I have no idea how wiring works, I saw a preout for the sub, it is labeled sub on it so im guessing that for it. Also has the wiring for the speakers hooked up, but according to the color chart on it, the rear speakers aren't hooked up, which is confusing me. I think I might bring it back and ask whats up. Let me know what you all think!

Old 05-15-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

yeah, that deck has sub preouts.

They may be running your front and rears off one channel.

Id say take it back and explain the problem and ask them to fix it.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:59 AM   #11
Justy311
GL Member

Thats what im thinking. It amazes me how stupid some people can be. I was wondering why there was no bass without the sub going. Figures thats the reason. thanks for all the help. I love forums for this reason.

Old 05-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #12
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
well your deck has 3 sets of preouts, that means room for 6 rca connections, 2 will be for your sub out, 2 for front and 2 for rear speakers.
If all 6/3 sets/pairs of rca cables are connected , and fade balance are correct, and you only get sound out of one chanel, check your amp wiring... if you want take a picture and i'll tell you whats up if you post a pic of the rca imputs, outputs, and the settings on your amp.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:42 AM   #13
Justy311
GL Member

from the looks of it, there is only one RCA output (which is for the sub) and the rest is wiring. I am confused on how he did it. I think I am going to get it checked out this weekend, or something. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:02 AM   #14
niral622
GX Member

niral622 is an unknown quantity at this point
hahaha.....best buy.....if you know how to get to your deck and know a little about wiring, you're already better off than those monkeys (no offense)

I know circuit city sucks for sure....or at least the people that installed my friend's deck...when you have someone else do you're install, it's gonna be sloppy so just do it yourself
Old 05-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #15
Justy311
GL Member

Well, no more am I going to have to worry about this deck. Last night between 12AM and 7AM someone broke a window, got in and stole my deck, CB radio, and my sub. Left my radar dector and amps, which is surprising, but who knows. This isn't high enough to pay over our deductable, so im stuck paying it. I appreciate all your help. Just wish I didn't have to worry about getting this all repaired. :-( Oh well.

Old 05-17-2005, 04:28 PM   #16
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

dam dood that sucks.

Well atleast you dont have to worry about your fading problems anymore.

And this time I sugest you dont goto best buy or any of those type of places to get your stuff installed.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:55 AM   #17
Justy311
GL Member

Yeah, I hear ya. Ultimate Electronics. I enjoy them. Now I just need to figure out what I am goign to put in the car now. They stole it all. Damn kids these days.

Does anyone know where I can bring my car to get it repaired on the inside? Dealer or does a body shop do this? I don't know what to do about this now!

Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #18
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

When my car was busted into last time and the tore it all up, I took it to the dealer. They did a good job, and hooked me up with a loaner.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #19
niral622
GX Member

niral622 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn crackheads.....alpine and pioneer HU's are pretty good i've heard (pioneer's have the best CD signal to noise ratio, who knows if they're lying tho). My friend has a pioneer and it sounds pretty good.

good luck with that!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #20
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

If you want reconmendations for new gear. For a HU Id go 1)Eclipse 2)Alpine 3)Pioneer 4)Clarion 5)JVC

Front/Rear Speakers: 1)Focal 2)Hertz Audio 3)Infinity 4)MB Quart 5) Rockford

4ch Amp: 1)Audioson 2)Pheonix Gold 3)Alpine 4)JL 5)Rockford

Subs: 1)JL 2)Pheonix Gold 3)Infinity 4)Concept 5)Rockford

Sub Amp: 1)Audioson 2)Pheonix Gold 3)Alpine 4)JL 5)Rockford

This is only my opinion, I do not profess that I am an expert in any way shape or form. These are in order of my preference.

I know others will give you their opinions, which will hopefully lead you to a decision. I sugest you listen to as many setups as you can. Especially if you plan on putting a fair bit of cash into your new system.

Do you research. websites are a great source.