Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #1
Pacho

I just took out my backseats and I've been trying to figure out if there's any thing running under there b/c the contours of the floor dip at the backseat so you can't see it from underneath the car but I'm going to be drilling 2 holes at the spot where the seat bolts are (but on the flat surfacewhere you can see from the trunk).
Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Pacho

15 views and no replys? I'm building the box this weekend so I really need to know what's under the backseats. Thanks
Old 05-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
snake_eyes2

Gas tank
Old 05-19-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
Pacho

Is the gas tank right under the seat bolts? b/c that's where I'll be drilling the holes at and one hole will be drilled at the front of the backseats where there's a metal lump contour to the floor.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #5
Chucklez05

Yea i think that it is pretty much right under there
if your carfule you might be able to just drill trough the sheet metal and not hit the take but to get to the bottom you would have to drop out the tank
Old 05-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #6
bigd6983

how about you just drill holes somewhere else.........i dont think id "try" to be careful and not drill into my tank.....
Old 05-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
Pacho

Reason I asked is because I'm building a wall with 4 Atlas 15"s in my backseat and the only place to bolt the dancefloor to the floor is at the seat bolts and at the metal lump at the front of the backseats. If anyone else has any ideas-feel free to share.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #8
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i dont think i'd "try" either....remember that video with the VW burning up....well multiply that times 100 cause you're gonna blow the gas tank....lets see, gas tank....metal....drill....spark....BOOM!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
dark_n_evil

We just fabricated a box to house 4 15" Kicker L7's im my alero. the easiest and safest way to do any drilling there is to drp your tank then grind the bolt under there after you are done the put your tank back.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:57 PM   #10
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
yea the gas tank is where under the back seat is located and the exhaust pipe on the driver side.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #11
AleroBloke

Quote:
Originally posted by dark_n_evil@May 19 2005, 11:29 AM
We just fabricated a box to house 4 15" Kicker L7's im my alero. the easiest and safest way to do any drilling there is to drp your tank then grind the bolt under there after you are done the put your tank back.
pictures please
Old 05-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #12
UnoWHO

Wait....If your going to be drilling holes right near the tanks already existing mounting holes...why dont you use a brace like a Bolt hole..piece of metal that extends then another hole..and use the tank bolts for 2 purposes...then theres not drillling required except in the box/wall itself..do you get what Im saying..It makes sense in my mind :-P
Old 05-20-2005, 03:20 AM   #13
Pacho

Uno-Are you saying get an extended bolt that fits in the seat bolts that'll be long enough to get through the 3/4" MDF and use the 4 seat bolts as points to hold the box down?

Edit-Also, when you take out the backseats and the metal is exposed under the seats, there's a big hump at the front of the backseats that's directly in the middle of the car, I was thinking possibly using uno's idea and then secure the box at the front by using some 2 1/2" screws to go thru this hump if there's nothing under it??
Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #14
UnoWHO

Yea, something like that, something that utilizes the existing holes for supports. lol Im glad you understood what I was saying cuz I confused myself typing that :-P
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #15
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I have to say, try Uno's idea. If you can use existing holes then you have saved yourself some trouble. If not, then drop your tank. It is not that big of a deal. Just lengthly. The worst part is getting the gas out of the lines. Remove your fuel pumps fuse and start the engine. It will help to burn up some of what is in your line. If you don't drop the tank, I suggest filling it up before drilling. It will be safer in case you do punch through. Remember that gas does not burn well. The fumes are the part that sparks easier. A filled gas tank will be less likely to explode. And use a bar of soap on the drill bit. It acts as a barier and reduces sparks and heat.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #16
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
fasten your wall in front of where the rear seat would go, where the footwell is... or drop your tank, DO NOT drill under where the rear seat is.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:06 PM   #17
Pacho

That's what i needed to hear man-thanks

-Pics coming
Old 05-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #18
Pacho

4 Atlas 15"s
Old 05-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #19
Pacho

Bottom
Old 05-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #20