Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Goodbye..

.. to the supercharger. Finished this shit at 4AM this morning. I was at Speed Industry since 4PM last night (and every day this week, but starting last Friday).

Fabricating the downpipe.

Yeah, I still need to get a reducing elbow silicone coupling so I can hook up an air filter.

The rusty metal coolant hose is leaking where it goes into the plastic housing. I don't think it's in straight, or the o-ring is crooked, etc. What a bitch. Spews/sprays coolant, causing air leaks in the system and making me run hotter than I should. Gotta get it fixed before I can tune anything at higher throttle.

EDIT: I know what to do about the BOV.
Original: The BOV doesn't seem to be working, all I hear is compressor surge no matter what looseness/tightness I do with the nut.

My throttle body's throttle plate or something is sticking. Throttle gets stuck at like 10% until I move it with my hand like 2 millimeters to the stopper it's supposed to hit when the cable's relieved of its tension. Lame. I lubed the shit out of the rotating piece and spring where the cable connects. Doesn't seem to really help that much. Probably need a new 62mm throttle body.

And of course I have to fix that stupid ass coolant line so I quit running so hot.

So far it sounds effing awesome. The spooling sound occurs like all the time. Once I fix that coolant line and get the tune dialed in, I'll be able to get some video for you guys.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
dude, amazing, looks amazing
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet, I was hopeing you would get pics up soon. cant waight to see the vid
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
I'm proud you dropped the supercharger and installed a Garrett turbocharger. Now I can respect your setup.

Looks awesome! Just get a different design intake manifold and adjust that intake pipe accordingly. Straight pipe over the battery does not look good.

I hope the best for you with this setup.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
looks like that pipe is welded.... Looks good. I agree though. I don't like the way the pipes are run. Can't wait to see a video of her.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
yeah piping looks pretty hoopty......i think you need a hood scoop with a direct intake...
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
Just get a different design intake manifold and adjust that intake pipe accordingly. Straight pipe over the battery does not look good.
The HO manifold (or a custom) will be coming soon... and the straight pipe is awesome. Less bends, less pipe. Straight and clean, none of this million angle bullshit. All business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
yeah piping looks pretty hoopty......
So you'd rather it have 3 more bends to make it snake around the battery instead of going directly do the hole down?

Also I ran it open downpipe until I was able to get to Midas so they could weld the rest of the exhaust to it. Shit was LOUD. I sounded like a semi. Now it's super quiet... quieter than when it had the supercharger. And I even cut off the cat. When the wastegate opens it's loud like the open downpipe again. I'm going to have it routed to the exhaust, I hate the sound of atmospheric dump.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
there you go misquoting me, i mean either lose the battery for an even better path, but the best would be a hood scoop like I said above with a direct path for intake...

maybe you will finally hit 13s..........lol
Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
i like thaT FMIC looks clean
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #10
black00gt1
GX Member

black00gt1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to black00gt1
WHO NEEDS A BATTERY IN THE FROUNT LOLOLOL

looks good
Old 05-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #11
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
wow, I did not see that one coming but I like it congrats.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 AM   #12
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
Do you have the BOV connected where the map goes or somewhere else, if its tee of the map you are fine, i cant see where all your vacume lines are hooked up. Also make sure the bov piston its not stuck, i didnt see anywhere on it that said greddy so im guessing is one of the ebay ones.

Last edited by GA_turbo : 05-09-2009 at 04:16 AM.
GA_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i don't even know anything about turbos... and even I know that piping is retarded. Come'on Ion, relocate the battery and clean that up!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
that things gonna start moving I dont really like those clamps you got, t-bolt clamps ftw. hope they dont start popping off on you.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #15
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
looks good. ive been waiting to see pics and its comin along nice. sorry to hear you are having trouble otherwise.
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i would have relocated the battery into the trunk, other then that looks good

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #17
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
Now that's some plumbing

Cool ion.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
thats a sexy bitch.... fix the extra shit and post some numbers !!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

eff you all the piping stays as is. The battery should be in the front (for many reasons) and this is the best way to route it (mechanically, efficiently) and maybe it's your opinion that it doesn't look good but wait til I clean up the bay.... it's not even clean whatsoever and shit needs to be changed...

The blow off valve is connected properly.. I'm not retarded. It's not that hard. All of the vacuum ports are post-plate on the throttle body, so any work. It is tee'd off the MAP line though. It is a Greddy Type RS clone. I have read that the Type RS's have two springs in them and many people have issues with them not opening, and to fix it, they simply remove the cap and remove one of the two springs. I'll check it when I get back from Texas on Wednesday...
Old 05-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #20
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Chris,
I think that the piping is fine, it is more THERE because of performance than looks. What if you were to do an anoidized red pipe? I bet everyone would get off your back then and tell you how nice it looks. I WISH I had the knowledge (and finances) you have in order to turn my regular 4-banger into something like yours. AWESOME job!!!!
And thanks again for the info on the magnaflows.
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote