Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 05-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #41
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Not bad.. The piping looks good, despite whatever anyone thinks on the routing.

Is that trans cooler still on there somewhere?

I haven't really worked much on a 2.4 but make sure the vacuum source for your BOV isn't ported. That could definitely affect how well it works. Are there any other vacuum sources to use on it? Preferably one at the throttle body?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:50 AM   #42
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Noice!!....hmmm uh oh....there might be some hive mentality or should I say Im about to catch a case of monkey see monkey do...lol
Old 05-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #43
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
The BOV...I know you were on a limited budget, but you would've been better of with an authentic valve instead of an eBay special. You probably wouldn't be having problems if you did. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.
If you Google around the Greddy Type RS (real) one which this one is essentially an identical clone of, you'll find that a ton of people have issues with it and are forced to remove one spring simply because low boost pressure can't open the valve, regardless how much vacuum is seen above the diaphragm, it still requires a certain amount of pressure to push the spring back and vent the boost from the charge pipe. A weaker springs shouldn't do anything under boost as the pressure is equal on the top and bottom of the valve (manifold pressure and charge pipe pressure), but when the throttle's closed and the usual 20-22 inHg is pulling at the top of the diaphragm, you still need a certain amount of pressure to be able to compress the two springs in the valve. The two springs are too stiff for low boost, as I've read on multiple sites, so I'm guessing when I remove one, it should work fine.

Believe me, once I get a few bucks, I'll get a different one. And HPTuners. <-- Maximum priority right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Is that trans cooler still on there somewhere?
It's sitting at the shop, along with the supercharger and header and such that I was supposed to ship out and then realized Speed Industry wasn't open this Friday, and then flew to Texas the next morning. It was never hooked up, but I plan on putting it back on behind the intercooler and hooking it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
I haven't really worked much on a 2.4 but make sure the vacuum source for your BOV isn't ported. That could definitely affect how well it works. Are there any other vacuum sources to use on it? Preferably one at the throttle body?
What do you mean ported? I think I have it directly hooked to the throttle body. Again it's just a super stiff spring setup I'm thinking.

Compressor surge does sound pretty sweet though.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #44
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
dang.... i wish i have turbo in my car
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #45
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
What do you mean ported? I think I have it directly hooked to the throttle body. Again it's just a super stiff spring setup I'm thinking.

Compressor surge does sound pretty sweet though.

Maybe ported wasn't the correct term (that's really for old cars). But a restricted (metered?) vacuum source that isn't getting a direct connection to manifold vacuum.

Back-spool FTL.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #46
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
eff you all the piping stays as is. The battery should be in the front (for many reasons) and this is the best way to route it (mechanically, efficiently) and maybe it's your opinion that it doesn't look good but wait til I clean up the bay.... it's not even clean whatsoever and shit needs to be changed...

The blow off valve is connected properly.. I'm not retarded. It's not that hard. All of the vacuum ports are post-plate on the throttle body, so any work. It is tee'd off the MAP line though. It is a Greddy Type RS clone. I have read that the Type RS's have two springs in them and many people have issues with them not opening, and to fix it, they simply remove the cap and remove one of the two springs. I'll check it when I get back from Texas on Wednesday...

Damn i wasnt saying you were retarded i was just trying to help, i know people are pissing you off with the hole piping deal but i guess ill take that as why you snap.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #47
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol yeah that's what it was, sorry. It's just this thing's been a huge pain in the ass and frustration all week to get it to what it is, and I still have some problems to work out, all minor though. Can't wait to get back to fix them..
Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #48
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
I don't care what anyone says, that setup rocks. Doesn't matter if it looks good, as long as it works!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #49
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice job and sweet set up.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #50
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder88 View Post
I don't care what anyone says, that setup rocks. Doesn't matter if it looks good, as long as it works!

yeah maybe he'll finely hit 13s......
Old 05-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #51
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
i never said anything bad.. just fix the shit thats wrong with it.. but G/L with it man....
Its still a sexy bitch
Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #52
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Looking through the pictures again I noticed something. You're going to melt that brake booster hose right next to the turbine housing. It gets so hot it glows orange when you're at WOT. Just get rid of the hard line connected to it and run a hose from the booster to the vacuum port it's connected to.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic28 View Post
that things gonna start moving I dont really like those clamps you got, t-bolt clamps ftw. hope they dont start popping off on you.
I run 25psi on regular screw clamps. He'll be fine.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #53
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Nice, now lets see some times.
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #54
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Looking through the pictures again I noticed something. You're going to melt that brake booster hose right next to the turbine housing. It gets so hot it glows orange when you're at WOT. Just get rid of the hard line connected to it and run a hose from the booster to the vacuum port it's connected to.
That's what Jan said too. Same with the oil dipstick... which is already geting darker,

My hose I used for the brake booster is flattened when the car is running. Apparently it isn't reinforced as it claimed it was. So I'll run a stronger hose straight from the throttle body to the brake booster, or just cap it off.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #55
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
damn you ion you have it easier to run the plumbing than i do lol
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #56
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
Looking forward to a video ion
Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #57
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
looking nice

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-13-2009 at 11:12 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #58
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
How do you have you return line ran thru?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #59
[ion] C2
636 whp

Drops down between the transmission and block to a 90 degree -10AN fitting welded into the pan just to the right of the metal coolant hose that wraps around the bottom of the oil pan.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #60
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Drops down between the transmission and block to a 90 degree -10AN fitting welded into the pan just to the right of the metal coolant hose that wraps around the bottom of the oil pan.
Did you happen to look at that area at all, between the transmission and engine block/oil pan? Man is that ever a tight spot...

My 90° fitting into the pan was touching the transmission case just by a little bit.