Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #21
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
0_0

what is so bad about dex cool anyway? i mean, the only thing i can see is that my saturn heats up real quick in the morning
Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #22
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
sludge city
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Is the T-stat stuck closed?
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 AM   #24
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
lol, i never liked mali's seem junky to me

It wasn't that bad of a car. Exactly the same thing as the Alero, just a different body skin. Mine had the 3100 though. The same Haynes manual that I used for the Malibu I can use on my Alero. Point being, I never mix coolant, regardless of what the bottle says.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder88 View Post
It wasn't that bad of a car. Exactly the same thing as the Alero, just a different body skin. Mine had the 3100 though. The same Haynes manual that I used for the Malibu I can use on my Alero. Point being, I never mix coolant, regardless of what the bottle says.

so, dex cool is bad in general? i mena it works for me
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #26
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
In many cases. I have no sludge built up in the ecotec, but I do believe that it is a contributing factor to all of those 3.4's with gaskets that went bad prematurely.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 AM   #27
jwateland
GX Member

jwateland is on a distinguished road
well dex cool can leave some sludge but it is nothing that will ruin your car. get a anitfreeze tester from wal mart or somewhere cheep when you put antifreeze in it hold it up to the light and you can see exactly what is floating around in there. as for your problem you need to do a pressure check of your cooling system. probably the simplest way is to go to a shop and watch them as they pressure test your system, and start from there. start by picking one general problem and focus there.
jwateland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #28
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
I bet one of the cooling fans took a dump or wasn't hooked back up in the repair, the Heater is just dispersing whats not being taken care of by the fans. Turn on the A/C max cold and BOTH fans should be running. Any time the temp needle is above half, one fan should be running.