Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-19-2003, 12:31 AM   #1
Grouch

Clarion DXZ735MP
Quote:
Originally posted by "2000_olds_alero"
Store/Site purchased: stereo plus
Cost/Shipping: i'm up to 1500canadian
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: i had no problem with this dealer, very friendly, helped me with all installs

Initial product impressions, quality: real good
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: good
cost of installation: 76 canadian

Performance, appearance opinions: looks great
Any other thoughts about the product: i can say i'm pleased...i've got the clarion DXZ735mp headunit, the clarion 4x6in door speakers, the clarion pro audio 10inch sub in a clarion box, i'd recomend clarion to anyone hands down...
Old 11-19-2003, 12:44 AM   #2
Grouch

Pioneer DEH-P8400MP CD/MP3 Head Unit
Quote:
Originally posted by "noodle"
Store/Site purchased:
- Conkertronic.com
Cost/Shipping:
- $400/free
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props:
- Service was horrible explained below
Additional Products purchased:
- Wiring Harness, Antenna adapter, oversized mounting kit

Initial product impressions, quality:
- looks good
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc:
- wiring guide easily readable
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA:
- Not too difficult, tight fit getting everything back in dash

Performance, appearance opinions:
- Looks good besides scratch, fits real nice, nice sound from factory speakers, better then factory H/U
Any other thoughts about the product:
The installation went very smooth, it took me about 1 1/2 hours to do. The biggest problem was just connecting the wires, about 12 of them at first. As you can see the first face just has a basic LCD screen that displays track, station, or clock. The Face slides down and out and the second face has a OEL (Organic Emitting Light Ithink) display. It has 6 different backgrounds, 2 spectrum analyzer, 3 different level indicators, 2 7second movies and a clock. As you can see from the pic there is a big scratch on the 2nd face. It came like that. I received the H/U on a wednesday and didn't get to install it till the following Sunday. There is no way you can see the 2nd face untill it has power so I didn't see the scratch untill I installed it. I called conkertronic.com to have them replace it and according to them they have a 3 day exchange policy and since I didn't call them within those 3 days I can't exchange it for a new one. I tried for 2 weeks straight to get a new one but they wouldn't do it. So I gave up, its only a scratch and the H/U is working fine. It claims 50wattsx4. It has 3 preamp outs, front, rear, sub. Sound Focus eq, 3 loud levels, sub cut-off freq and output level, high pass filter settings, Source level adjustments,and Automatic sound levelizer. It plays CD and MP3 discs, also it is XM radio ready (must buy pioneer XM reciever). Thier is only 2 things I don't like about it, The CD text/ MP3 tags display but don't scroll so if the artist/title is longer then the screen it will not display it all. and 2nd THAT DAMN SCRATCH!!