Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
aleros_eat_rice
GL Member

aleros_eat_rice is on a distinguished road
New guy here

New guy in town. I've been the proud owner of a 99 Alero GLS since June 2012, after an insurance payoff from my 97 Cutlass.
Anyway, my Alero now has over 253k miles, and was a one owner. The owner had the original title from 1999, and written records and receipts of all work and maintenance done. She's had some wear and tear stuff done, like the tensioner and belt, so on.

Still, my favorite car so far.
aleros_eat_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Love your username hahahaha got any mods done to it? Got pics? Glad to see the alero is pushing that many miles. Im 15 miles away from 200k on mine and it still runs perfect.

4 or 6cyl?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
aleros_eat_rice
GL Member

She's stock right now, but I plan to put a supercharger and new exhaust on her in the next year or so. I do have pics, I was planning on posting them in the showroom.
Engine is the 3400.

With the supercharger and exhaust, I was planning on dubbing it my own version, OSV III.

Last edited by aleros_eat_rice : 02-22-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, welcome to the club! Wealth of knowledge and a really good bunch of guys here... enjoy your time with us and good luck with the mods "new guy"!

Keep the shiny side up,

Paul
Old 02-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
aleros_eat_rice
GL Member

I took my name for obvious reasons. Specifically, twice now, I've been beside ricers with something they thought they needed to prove. A tuned Civic tried racing me. He had a lead for a moment, but when I hit 2nd, I shot past him.

He even did the traditional ricer fly by after losing.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Good luck supercharging the 3400. There's an Magnuson Eaton M62 kit available for the 3400s but only ~20 were made. AleroB888 has done a custom M90 setup based off the Magnuson kit which was pretty impressive. Someone on another forum has made a centrifugal Rotrex setup that replaces the A/C compressor which seems like one of the easier ways of doing it. It's totally do able if you have the patience and skill.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. Alot of people think less of these cars.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Welcome!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
aleros_eat_rice
GL Member

I also have a very good piece of literature. The 1999 N body service manual from GM. Got the whole 3 book set for $25 (+$8 shipping) on ebay. That was a lucky find.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #10
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
welcome to the site

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 AM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forums! I see your car doesnt get tired of uncle bens lol
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #12
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Welcome to Aleromod! You'll find just about anything you need here. Also check out grandamgt.com and v6z24.com for more info about customizing the 3400.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #13
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote