Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Eaorl
GX Member

Eaorl is on a distinguished road
Took forever...

...to log in. Perhaps part of it was my own stupidity/inebriated state. I even sent a msg to an admin...no response. Yes, I am familiar with VBulletin systems, yet i had problems.

Let's get down to it: 2003 Alero, two door. Red. Not the color, that's it's name. It's Transginger. Got the 2.2 Ecotech, slight leak from valve cover, es the internet warned me abt. Bought it with 91k miles, for $1500. Pretty sure I accidently stole it, as it had no major defects. Got some exterior and interior damage, but i can take care of them.

Love the license plate they gave me...it's Sexxaaaay!

Last edited by Eaorl : 02-22-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Eaorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
dowens1233
GX Member

dowens1233 is on a distinguished road
Nice ride Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaorl View Post
...to log in. Perhaps part of it was my own stupidity/inebriated state. I even sent a msg to an admin...no response. Yes, I am familiar with VBulletin systems, yet i had problems.
It was probably you being drunk or stupid.

We have lives and don't check admin email 24/7.

If you sent an email about registration issues it would have been forwarded to me as I approve all new members and I never received such email for your IP address. I happened to be online while on vacation in the Philippines and approved your registration before it even went thru the usual process. From the time you finished registering to time of approval was about 85 minutes. Sorry if that is not fast enough for you.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #4
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum!

That's a nice car you got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
If you sent an email about registration issues it would have been forwarded to me as I approve all new members and I never received such email for your IP address. I happened to be online while on vacation in the Philippines and approved your registration before it even went thru the usual process. From the time you finished registering to time of approval was about 85 minutes. Sorry if that is not fast enough for you.

I didn't know you approve members now... I remember you could join and not have to wait for approval. That's rather strange. Then again, I've been here for 3 years now so I guess things change.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:17 AM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Welcome, clean car.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 AM   #7
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Welcome to the forum!

That's a nice car you got.

I didn't know you approve members now... I remember you could join and not have to wait for approval. That's rather strange. Then again, I've been here for 3 years now so I guess things change.
We have always manually approved all new members.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No need to be rude to a new member. He was being humorous, you used it as a jab.

Quote:
An automated registration service like the rest of the internet has used for years does, though.

New member registration should use reCAPTCHA and not require manual approval. It's archaic and causes wasted time on your part and the new member's.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #9
Eaorl
GX Member

Quote:

I tried to register under username: O'Real (same IP). The first time. If you never received it (registration issue e-mail), oh well. It's cool. Second attempt under current username was obviously successful. Dunno what happened. An errant electron, most likely.

If I may petition the court, I would like to have my original username choice to be my username...I decided to perform a new registration process because the previous registration attempt failed, due to user error or...something...

Thank you for the welcome, folks! This car has some "fun" things going on with it, I will ask you for advice. I may have practical advice for others. To me, this is a New Car... my knowledge is all about older Chevy trucks. Yes, i bought the Haynes manual, yet some things are not addressed, of which, i require the experience of others. This thing is a spaceship to me.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #10
Eaorl
GX Member

Quote:
We have always manually approved all new members.

Wise move.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:30 PM   #11
Eaorl
GX Member

So... Did I get this vehicle at a good price?

It can't be worth any less than i paid for it. CV joints aren't clicking. Paid for an alignment (didn't need need it, but the shop charged me for it) engine delivers, tranny responds. I got paint problems (chips, bumpers) and a small roof dent (looking to address this soon). Sadly, i do not have the traction control system.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #12
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! If you don't have traction control, you don't have abs, they didn't put on one without the other. I personally like that my car doesn't have abs because I have seen too many bad issues with abs (i.e. our 97 chevy that would essentially disable the brakes for a couple seconds if it started to lock at all such as on gravel or snow). I feel like there is more control. Around here I could probably get a $1000-1500 for mine with 100k more miles and with a worse body than yours looks to have, so I would say you got a great deal.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #13
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
No need to be rude to a new member. He was being humorous, you used it as a jab.

An automated registration service like the rest of the internet has used for years does, though.

New member registration should use reCAPTCHA and not require manual approval. It's archaic and causes wasted time on your part and the new member's.
I saw it as a rude first post, he was the one who said he was drunk or stupid.

We have tried reCaptcha type systems when we first took over and the only time spammers got thru was at that time. So with that we decided to do it manually and I say it has worked quite nicely.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #14
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks good from here
Old 02-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #15
Eaorl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
Welcome! If you don't have traction control, you don't have abs, they didn't put on one without the other.

Good to know, thank you! So strange that there are electrical connectors at the brake bits but the hardware isn't there.