Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-06-2003, 09:54 PM   #1
rodney
GX Member

rodney is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 99 GL, and is there any way i can tell if i have the sport suspension? i dont think i do. is there any difference in the "sport" struts and the regular ones?
rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:08 PM   #2
Purple&Black

Here's a post from mfuller:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Alero/message/3337

If you call a dealer and give them the VIN, they can tell you if you've got it or not.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:39 AM   #3
dopey

to be honest....... most of u prolly wouldnt be able to tell the difference in suspensions anyways.....
Old 12-07-2003, 12:47 PM   #4
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
I have the "performance suspension package" and it did feel a bit more stable than regular aleros around corners... but now with strut tower braces and Intrax springs, the thing is planted in curves. My fiance has an echo that feels like it is gonna roll if you take a turn above 20 mph, but the alero feels like you could take the same turn at 80.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
Purple&Black

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@Dec 7 2003, 12:39 AM
to be honest....... most of u prolly wouldnt be able to tell the difference in suspensions anyways.....
That wasn't what he asked...I'm sure he appreciates your help.

My mom has owned two different Delta 88s. One with the FE3, one without. She absolutely hated the one with the FE3 for the exact same reasons we would like it. If a middle-aged mother that does nothing more than around-town driving and the occasional short expressway ride to the mall can tell a difference...
Old 12-07-2003, 04:54 PM   #6
rodney
GX Member

rodney is an unknown quantity at this point
the reason i asked is cause i just got intrax, and i can get some ga gt struts (they all have fe3, correct?) really cheap from the local salvage, and was wondering if they would help, as opposed to buying new kybs for over $200.
rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
dopey

Quote:
Originally posted by Purple&Black+Dec 7 2003, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purple&Black @ Dec 7 2003, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SweetAlero99@Dec 7 2003, 12:39 AM
That wasn't what he asked...I'm sure he appreciates your help.

My mom has owned two different Delta 88s. One with the FE3, one without. She absolutely hated the one with the FE3 for the exact same reasons we would like it. If a middle-aged mother that does nothing more than around-town driving and the occasional short expressway ride to the mall can tell a difference... [/b][/quote]
ok dippoop............. well in that case......... he wasnt askin about delta's either.

i wouldnt bother getting the different struts. unless urs are getting pretty wornout. u will be fine with jsut putting the intraxx on.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #8
3.4Alero

OK, the first part about calling a dealer with the VIN is what you want to do first. Then, if it turns out you have the FE3 suspension, then you have to decide whether or not you want to keep your stock strut. Your current mileage should be a major factor in this. If you don't have the FE3 suspension, go for the GAGT struts.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #9
supvnman

about 85% of the time if you have the 16in wheels with the recommended p225/50r16 tires you'll have the sport suspension