Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Cheap Audio

Wow, Maxxsonics really did it this time...

Its no secret, the general "car audio community" has been in a state of price decline now for years. Mainly thanks to Best Buy, Circuit City and Im going to finger Audiobahn as well.

People want 2 12's, amp, box and wiring and want it for $200.

Well people you can get it for that price now...

Maxxsonics is the makers of Hifonics and Crunch (as well as others). Hifonics has a value line all the way up to competition amps (yeah a 10,000 WRMS beast). Crunch is a more value line, but still a stable product since being revamped.

I just got my new catalog in today and my jaw hit the floor. The last one I had the cheapest 'decent' system I could put together was hovering around $300-350 area. Now I can put together one for $200 out the door w/wiring.

Im just like OMG.

In this economy, the cheap stuff sells.

Now who wants some?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
raises hand
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Fill my Pay Pal Box then

For practical reasons its probably not worth while to sell and ship prefabricated boxes.

If I was to sell these to my friends here I would have to cut out the box and drop the price $50.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
well sell me a kenwood radio cheap then you paypal will be filled
ya knnow i was throwin it out there really, if it doesnt work or cost to much to ship then ill offer to chicago land guys, i dunno iam trying to help him as hes layed off too
Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Which Kenwood you want?

I got them starting at $80 but its the very base model...

Give me a model # and I will give you a PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

i dont really have a model number, just want one to play cds and maybe have the ipod built in nothing fancy, having no radio in my olds really sucks, oh and i need cheap speakers, maybe like 4x6
Old 07-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

I got you covered.

PM coming your way.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
do you have JL w7
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

lol, no.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Its no secret, the general "car audio community" has been in a state of price decline now for years. Mainly thanks to Best Buy, Circuit City and Im going to finger Audiobahn as well.

The retailers have almost nothing to do with it. Electronics are the fastest depreciating goods on the planet and they become more and more affordable every day as technology increases by leaps and bounds.

Buy em up people, keep the economy rolling. And in 2 yrs when the price drops to $50 for the same item, maybe I'll bite too
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusWill View Post
The retailers have almost nothing to do with it. Electronics are the fastest depreciating goods on the planet and they become more and more affordable every day as technology increases by leaps and bounds.

Buy em up people, keep the economy rolling. And in 2 yrs when the price drops to $50 for the same item, maybe I'll bite too

Im going to disagree strongly here.

Back in the early 90's you really couldnt get Car Audio anywhere but a specialty car audio store... At least the good stuff.

Fast forward to around 95 when Best Buy invaded... You could go in and get Balupunkt 12's for $99 each. Thats what I almost bought.

Fast forward a few more years. Stores like Best buy have their own brand name, Insignia, developed to offer a mediocre product for cheap. End result, cheap product. Heck you could go in get 2 12,s box, amp and wiring for $200. Thats the price point that Best Buy created and now everyone thinks they can get 12s, box and amp for it.

Which is about impossible with decent equipment.

Thats why I was shocked to see Crunch have the lower prices subs and cheaper amps...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
CactusWill
GLS member

Globalization of cheap foreign made goods is widespread throughout the electronics industry, its not exclusive to speakers sold at best buy.

And as far as name brand deals at best buy, thats their long running scam to get you in the store. They put out in store ads for good deals then when you get to the store, the advertised product is never in stock, intentionally. Then they can try to sell you something more expensive or some cheap garbage.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Its just the fact they have that $200 deal and have had it for a number of years.

The fact is the general "consumer" isnt audio savy enough to know there is a profound difference between the $200 package at Best Buy and the $1,800 package at XYZ Audio.

In short they read 2 12',s box, amp, wiring, $200 and thats it.

Thats my point.

Ive seen it time and time again over the last 14+ years.

True the general prices on Electronics has went down with the majority of stuff produced in Asia. But thats more in depth than my original statement and isnt accurate to the issue at hand anyhow.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #14
CactusWill
GLS member

I don't really know anything about car audio anyways, but from the little I do know, I'd rather have cheap speakers with a quality amp, than buy expensive speakers and not have a good amp. Maybe that has something to do with it too.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Yes, your in the same boat but have a little more logic than others.

In general your Alero fails against my Ferarri. But we both own cars.

So if I want a car for $5 and you have and Alero for $5 and I want $500 for my Ferarri, you dont care you just want the $5 car with 4 wheels and a motor.

Same principle...

Best Buy came out with a complete bass package for $200, 2 12" speakers, amp, box, wiring, $200. Thats all the further people read into it. Then they expect to get that price anywhere and expect that as the going rate when its the low end of the low end.

Thats my point.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #16
CactusWill
GLS member

I see, I missed the part where the amp is included.

Still doesn't seem like much of a deal to me tho, back in the 90's we went to swap meets and bought refurbished shit that wasn't as good as new but close. I got a cd deck for 100, 2 12's in a box for 50, and a 1000 watt amp for 100, and I was in business. Then 3 weeks later the negroes stole my ride, and I was out of business. LOL