Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
rleach01
GX Member

rleach01 is on a distinguished road
flat tire..no low pressure light!!

i woke up with morning to go to work and i take off and hear the horrible sound of rim on pavment so i get out pump it up and everything my ? is.. why didnt my low tire light come on??? good news tho had a spare stock size tire and its still lose air so thats a bent rim so that means new rims!!
rleach01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
It could be faulty or if it happened suddenly it doesn't pick that up. I think it measures tire speed and if you didn't get the chance to drive it then the computer didn't have time to calculate a problem with the pressure. I think I'm close to it but may not have said it right, anyone else out there that can help?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i don't have low pressure sensors, i'm sure the idiot light is there...

depends on your model/features.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
The TPMS is ABS based. It takes some driving to set it so it can see a difference in the wheel speed = rolling diameter. So if you had a flat when you got in the car, it wouldn't have set right away - not until you drove a few miles at a fairly consistent speed.
Active TPMS (which is now required on new cars) would have told you that you have a flat right away, but that requires (expensive) sensors in each tire.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslindseysue View Post
The TPMS is ABS based. It takes some driving to set it so it can see a difference in the wheel speed = rolling diameter. So if you had a flat when you got in the car, it wouldn't have set right away - not until you drove a few miles at a fairly consistent speed.
Active TPMS (which is now required on new cars) would have told you that you have a flat right away, but that requires (expensive) sensors in each tire.

MissLindsey is right again...

THere is direct and indirect tire pressure monitors. Unfortunately you will have indirect which calculates wheel speed differences of 12 psi or more. Direct actually has a sensor on the wheel that is pressure sensitive.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
^^Thats what I was trying to say. Thanks Guys/Girls!