Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-16-2004, 02:47 PM   #1
germ

here are 3 quick pics with a super poopty digi camara. if you dont like them, buy me a new one

the turbo is gonna be sitting right were the battery was and the battery tray is gonna be cut out to allow the piping to run down and under to the intercooler

granted this is on a 96 monte carlo of mine, but i have swapped over from the 3100 to the 3400.

so i figured that some of you might like this.

btw, it has also cost less than 1500 bux total for all of this, and its all NEW parts, nothing is used.

the turbo is a T3/T4 hybrid, 57 trim, 50ar cold side, 84ar hot side. i am basing my setup from phantom505's from gagt.com and hope to produce the same kind of results he is since his turbo is VERY similar to the one that i am using. btw, the turbo was $400 shipped, brand new, NOT rebuilt.

this should be going in this weekend or next wed's. it just depends on when the DHP show up along with the 42.5# injectors and the downpipe flange.

any how, here ya go.....

Old 07-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
dopey

very cool man
Old 07-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #3
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
nice...makes me wanna upgrade my turbo now
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #4
MACBUYA

wow, i'm reeeeeal jealous... i think i might have to start saving some cash...
Old 07-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
Alerosince99

germ are you going without an intercooler?
Old 07-17-2004, 11:34 AM   #6
germ

Quote:
germ are you going without an intercooler?

Quote:
the turbo is gonna be sitting right were the battery was and the battery tray is gonna be cut out to allow the piping to run down and under to the intercooler

um, lol, it will be intercooled
Old 07-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
so a re-program is necessary, huh? That's prolly the biggest set-back, waiting for the 'puter to arrive. Could you drive the car with it on using the stock program, or would it screw things up? Just wondering....

BTW I really like the plans ya got going, good luck :thumbsup:

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #8
germ

well, i allready have a DHP set at N/A standards. which means i am running about 30* of timing. that is NOT good on a boosted application at all. unless you have about 800 HP lol.

if you have a stock computer, you can probably easily run 4-5 psi on the stock program and injectors.

the reason why i have to have a reprogram, besides the fact that i allready have a reprogramed PCM for n/a, is that i am going to be running 7-9 psi right off the bat and i must use larger injectors, 42.5# to be exact is what i am getting.

basically, and i hate to say this, i am coping phantom505's setup from grandamgt.com due to the fact that he got the same results that i am wanting.

once i get the turbo in and everything done up, the tranny build up will start, and that should be cheap and painless compared to this, lol. a rebuildable 4t60e tranny is about $60 from the local junk yard, and about another $250 in HD parts, and then another $250 for a guy to rebuild it and then just put that ho in and it will be ready for 12 psi in no time.

and with my calculations, 12 psi is attainable on a stock 3400 and will be able to produce upwards of 375-400 crank hp

*wipes drool from lip*

:thumbsup:
Old 07-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #9
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i cant wait to see the dyno results when you are finished with the install. keep us posted.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #10
germ

i forgot to mention, i am going to try and have this setup in by next weds so i can be ready for the mymonte.com meet that i invited you guys to come to in the Midwest section of your forums.

hopefully, we will see some of you out there, and i will try to have the turbo on by then as well.

but like i said before, i am just waiting on the DHP right now and the fuel injectors and charles from DHP told me they should be here by Weds, but we will see how that goes.

i am aiming for a 13.5 at the track, but if i hit a 13.9999999999 i will be extremely happy too
Old 07-18-2004, 02:24 PM   #11
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
sounds like its gonna work awesome, i have been having doubts about going turbo cuz or the customer service at turbochargedpower, but either way i will have boost , RSM or the turbo kit. im not looking for astronomical numbers, but just a good all around power adder. ive heard that the 3400 will take at least 15psi, but im not sure how long it would live....especially the pistons, those are weak.

on a side not unfortunatly i wont be able to make the mymonte meet...big time bummer, but ive been struggling with some bills lately, so hopefully crazytaxi, and rowdygls can make it down
best of luck with the boost, and i expect to see some pics when you get it installed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #12
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Jul 17 2004, 01:01 PM
and with my calculations, 12 psi is attainable on a stock 3400 and will be able to produce upwards of 375-400 crank hp
uhh is it just me or is that a little bit of a small turbo? and did you mean it will go from stock 170 to 375!? correct me if im wrong
Old 07-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #13
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero-+Jul 19 2004, 12:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (-Alero- @ Jul 19 2004, 12:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-germ@Jul 17 2004, 01:01 PM
uhh is it just me or is that a little bit of a small turbo? and did you mean it will go from stock 170 to 375!? correct me if im wrong [/b][/quote]
yeah, I think thats what he is saying. To me thats quite a good jump!!
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #14
germ

thats exactly what i am saying.

if you dont believe my calculations, i would suggest picking up the booked called "maximum boost" by corkey bell

it has MANY calculations for rough estimates of HP and TQ levels.

i am not saying that i am gonna produce that right off the bat. thats gonna take more time and more money.

right from the get go, i am expecting to put down 250 at the wheels and about 300 at the crank at 7-9 psi and thats based off of actual dyno #'s put down by phantom505 on 9psi in which he hit 264 whp.

so 375 at 12 psi is not to far off depending on the effeciancy of the intercooler as well.

also, the turbo i have, is not a small one. check out the ar #'s. thats a very decent size turbo for the 3400 and is capable of 20 psi and over 500 hp.