Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
nate1216

Water Leaks

Last weekend I replaced my sunroof drain hose that was causing the water to leak into my headliner and fuse box. It took about 2 hours, as the hose was stuck to the inside of the A pillar. I have the procedure from alldata, as well as some diagrams if anyone was interested, but here are the basic steps i did:

1.Unscrew the sun visor, and pull the clip off by pushing up on the square piece in the middle.
2. Pull off the A pillar trim, you can do this by hand, just pull kind of toward the inside of the compartment.
3.Peel back the weatherstripping around the sunroof and the driver door so you can drop the front of the headliner a few inches.
4. Reach in and detach the drain hose, and remove the retaining clip.
5. Pull out the grommet between the door hinges so you can access the other end of the hose and then remove it from the grommet.
6. Remove the instrument panel sound deadener, there was only one fastener on my car. Then remove the screw holding the hood release in place.
7.You then have to peel back a rubber panel, to get access to the pillar area where the hose ends up. Kind of a tight fit.
8. According to the alldaya stuff you can then pull the hose down from this access panel, I couldnt get it to move, and had to pull it from the top by putting all my weight and yanking the crap out of it.
9. Once it is out, remove the connector from the bottom of the house and attach to the new one. I used a 3/8inch fuel injection hose, I bought 4 feet, but only used about 3 feet 8 inches.
10. Feed the new hose in from the top, connect the grommet and push it back in the door area, then connect the top of the hose to the drain opening. I used a tie rap to make sure it was on good. You will have to push hard if you use a 3/8inch hose, as it is really tight.
11. Squirt water in and check for leaks. If it comes out the hose put everything back in place.

It only cost me around 5 bucks for the hose, it was a big pita to do, but now i have a working sunroof, and no water leaks.