Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
I had bought HIDs from this website called (blinding HID) A year after having the kit one of the little box's that connects to the ballast had looked like it started a mini fire and had burned everything in the little box and fried some wires going to the ballast. I had just bought some from DDMtuning and they are perfect. Except for one of the headlight housings I bought has a leak and is letting moisture in soo yeah. I keep getting faulty products
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
MiLo
GX Member

MiLo is on a distinguished road
i tried putting that grease on the prongs.. still no difference... but as i was putting the headlight housing back in i noticed that it kept flickering... so pulled the stopper off again and jiggled the wires and nothing happened... so i put the stopper on again and noticed when i put pressure on the stopper as it is capped on it works, the second i take my hand off the light goes out.. on certain angles it works. like when the back end of the housing is lowered and the light is facing up like 45 degree angle it works... idk if this is still the wires im just getting pissed cuz i want my HID's working already
MiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #23
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Was it daytime or not? Your DRLs do not provide enough voltage to keep the lights solid and they will flicker; however, when turned on or engaged at night it will be fine.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah did you remove your Drl's? where is the hid kit from?

ive never had problems with my hid kit.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
MiLo
GX Member

i found a loose plug but idk what the name of it is.. socket? connector? but this is what i need.. but this is why my headlight is flickering.. every time i touch it the light goes crazy.. i have pics but idk how to post the pics....

Last edited by MiLo : 04-07-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #26
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
under the quick reply box go underneath it and click "go advanced"
after that scroll down until you see manage attachments, click that and a box should pop up that allows you to select the image you want to attach.

If you are trying to post from a phone then you will have to upload the picture to photobucket then get the picture url and click the yellow box with the mountains at the top of the reply box and paste the link there and submit the post
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #27
MiLo
GX Member

so this is the top of the passenger side headlight.. and the power plug on the right side of the headlight... its loose and every time i touch the plug the light flickers, so i know its not the bulb.. idk if what the name of the plug is.. idk if the plug itself is messed up or if its the socket the plug connects to.. if it is the plug how do i fix it? do i cut the wires and solder a new plug on? or is there a way to unplug the whole line? if it is the socket do i have to get a new headlight? idk if its possible to un-attach the socket from the headlight.. How do i find out what exactly the problem is?

Last edited by MiLo : 10-07-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
thats your main headlight power plug.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #29
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure after you have the plug unhooked from the light, you remove the clips on the back of the plug and the wire can come out of the harness...I would do that and make sure the wires are completely in first...after that a new plug on rock auto is $23...I can't find any pictures to help me check myself so I will have to say later if I think the plug comes off the headlight unless someone else can tell you first
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #30
MiLo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure after you have the plug unhooked from the light, you remove the clips on the back of the plug and the wire can come out of the harness...I would do that and make sure the wires are completely in first...after that a new plug on rock auto is $23...I can't find any pictures to help me check myself so I will have to say later if I think the plug comes off the headlight unless someone else can tell you first

you kno whats crazy... after playing with the friggin plug, i got pretty fed up and decided to just pull the orange rubber seal off the plug and plugged it back in, and lo and behold the friggin light stays on..... wtf.... i dont even think i need to buy a new plug now... lets see how long this lasts.....