Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
ASS 2009 Information

Ok Everyone it has begun...........start planning for it

The 6th Annual Alero Show & Stravaganza
Presented by the Alero Chapter of the OCA

June 18-21, 2009

In Lansing, MI.

the host hotel is

Holiday Inn
7501 W Saginaw Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
(517) 627-3211

Cost of a room: $89.00 per night

Group name: Alero Chapter Car Club

must give hotel group name for the special rate.
Reservations must be made by 5/15/2009

Registration costs are
$40 - non Alero Chapter member showing car

$30 - non Alero Chapter member NOT showing car

Alero Chapter members get a $10 discount

Schedule:

Thursday, 18th:
Arrive at around 7pm. We will be using the back parking lot like always. For those of you that are new, that is the back corner, so go behind TGI friday's and you will see us.

Friday, 19th:
10:00am to 2:00pm - Alero Show with trophies. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies for stock, mild and wild.
12:00pm - Judging starts
2:00pm - Awards
3:00pm - Head to R.E. Olds Museum
6:00pm - Dinner @ Hooters
7:00pm - Alero Chapter Meeting @ Hotel
Evening activities.

Saturday, 20th:
8:00am - Meet in hotel parking lot
8:30am - Leave for Homecoming Show
9:00am - 4:00pm - Homecoming Show
4:00pm - Cookout
Go-Kart and mini golf after Cookout
Evening activities

Sunday, 21th:
Finish up and go home in the afternoon.

Alero Chapter show classes

stock = stock body with or without aftermarket rims and tires and/or basic bolt on upgrades.

mild = Must have Aftermarket rims and tires and minor/major bolt on upgrades which includes ground effects (razzi) or engine modifications or lowering springs.

wild = Must have full bumper replacement (***, aas, OSV) and/or custom paint or custom interior or custom body work or adjustable suspension.

....the Alero Chapter reserves the right to re-classify any car in order to keep everything fair and impartial.

registering to show for ASS includes the registration for the homecoming show also.

if you register not to show but the day of the homecoming show you wish to participate you can register at the homecoming show. This does not apply to the Alero show.

Last edited by Oldsman : 03-02-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Just a FYI We were in the running for the featured car this year but it looks like we got beat out so oh well.

The Hotel info will come available after I speak to the hotel and set all that up.

Just let me know if you plan on coming that way we can get a head count. We still want to hit that 20-30 mark

Last edited by Oldsman : 01-19-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
As your Secteray, I'm glad to say I already got one sponser earlier this week

Of course all that info is Classified, it will be De-classified on June 18th

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Remember everyone registration for ASS will open March 1st and close May 1st
Old 03-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

I am waiting for Joel to get the registration page up and running so please bear with me
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Sponser work will start this week

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 03-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

FYI.........at this time do not call to reserved your room. Please wait til the end of this week.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

Ok everyone to go into more detail on the classes........

if your car is all stock with stock wheels and lowering springs then you would be in stock class. If you have a all stock car with only aftermarket wheels then you would be in stock.

if you have aftermarket wheels, exhaust, CAI, headers, aftermarket gauges then you are in mild. if you have a razzi kit with stock wheels or aftermarket wheels you are in mild. If you have only aftermarket wheels and lowered you are in mild.

if you have the AAS, forbidden, or any custom full bumper replacement bodykit you are in wild. if you have stock body with shaved handles, custom paint and air ride you are in wild.

Stereo systems do not count unless you have a full fiberglass custom setup (aka aftermath style). Neither does tint or clear corners.

when you are judged it is not based off what all upgrades you have done. so if you are in wild without a bodykit you won't be deducted points for that. We take into consideration mileage and everyone drives their car.

we try to fair to everyone and make sure everyone has a good time and maybe learn a thing or two.

i hope this clears some thing up for all of you.

if you still have any questions regarding classing PM me
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
mfuller

For all the newbies (that I hope show up), PLEASE keep your sound system levels at a reasonable volume, no burnouts or driving like a moron......you get the idea. We like that the hotel allows us to congregate like this.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

And anybody thinking they can play with me train horn at any time, they are wrong.

It's wired up so that the ign has to be "ON" for the system to work

Just letting everybody know, it will help keep the fingerprints off my car too

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 03-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
And anybody thinking they can play with me train horn at any time, they are wrong.

It's wired up so that the ign has to be "ON" for the system to work

Just letting everybody know, it will help keep the fingerprints off my car too

you need a ferry horn. F that weak "train horn" you have I want something that will shake the ground
Old 03-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
no burnouts or driving like a moron......
ignore what i do on the way in
Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
so who do we pay registration to?
Old 03-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
so who do we pay registration to?

the registration page will be soon. Please be patient. I will annouce and post thread for it.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Registration/information site is now fully functional.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
Oldsman
Owner

Everyone.........here is some new info. The hotel called and they have the back area in use by other guests, so we will be parking up front since TGI fridays is still closed there is open area up there. So when I get to the hotel on thursday I will speak with the GM and get an area marked off for us. There will a hose at the hotel again to wash our cars. some just eeds to bring a nozzle.

So if anyone shows up before me on thursday just hang out up front by TGI and after I arrive and get the area setup, then you can move your car.

So everyone at ASS..............can't wait.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

That's garbage. -_-

Oh well.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
That's garbage. -_-

Oh well.

what u talking about? This will actually be good for our show.

I was just letting everyone know.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

Nevermind, I suppose we do want to be in the public view more, maybe get some random spectators!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #20
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Nevermind, I suppose we do want to be in the public view more, maybe get some random spectators!

exactly. see good thing...............cheer up and be happy
Closed Thread