Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 01-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
New Again From Virginia

Long time absentee. Years ago I gave my 2004 3400 to my sister as the various mods were becoming problematic and life circumstances did not require her nearly as much. Plus, my sister was poor and didn't have a car so it worked out well for a Christmas present.

Long story short, she is getting a new car and the alero is still chugging along. She has been beating the living shit out of old Angel I on the hills of Pittsburgh, PA but onward she chugs. She offered to give the car back to me, but I am not entirely certain I want it back. But...the nostalgia is great with this car given it was the first one I ever purchased back when I was just in college.

If I take it back, I honestly want to put it all back to stock. The mods are what gave me the most trouble since I am medical, not mechanical, and reliant on the overall skill of whatever shop I went to. I am confident that it would still be running strong with me if I had not put a bunch of things on it did not need, but it was a fun phase it life all the same.

I have been running a custom built 2014 Mustang GT and just picked up a 2017 Fusion Platinum with the 2.0T engine. The community has been the best I will say. I joined a mustang and fusion forum and they really aren't that active-not nearly as much as this one. So for the folks new here, you're in a special place.

We will see if it is a 100% return
Old 01-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Touched base with my sister. Here is the preliminary list of problems:

1. driver side mirror control no longer working
2. turn signals not working except when pounding on dash
3. exhaust pipe snapped and is welded together
4. passenger floor gets wet when rains
5. brakes are bad
6. heat/cold work only on high settings.
7. security light on. Only starts with key override

So a slew of body and electrical work to start. If the wife allows, I think I will take it back from her and make it a project car to learn on with the kids. Oh yeah, I have had three kids since I've been back on. 4th kid on the way too. My seed is strong.

So recommendations and guidance and where to start with this mess?
Old 01-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Surprising to hear the Mustang and Fusion forums aren't active - surely there's a popular Mustang one out there, maybe there's multiple and you got one that's held in lesser regard. This forum is essentially dead, but it happens to all of 'em, especially one centered around a vehicle that's out of production.

2. Just needs a new hazard button.
6. Blower motor resistor, easy fix.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

True. I honestly was surprised to see it still up and going. Seems like there are still new posts flowing in. Alas, we have a dying breed. But its been dying for a loooooong time.

The mustang forum is actually okay. It's more that the vehicle has more things that are above my head I suppose.

The fusion site just has nothing going on. Seems like everything is from 2014. Which is really disappointing. They are each ones on the first page of the search results but you're right, probably need some deeper digging.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm on a few fusion forums since i now own one and they are absolute crickets... even when it comes to basic maintenance and known issues.

Welcome back. Enjoy the 1-2 posts a day aleromod gets. Yet i still check a few times a week lol
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:28 AM   #6
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Looks that way lol. The mustang forum is actually turning out really well and they connected me with a reputable club in my area. I just got referred to a fusion site called 2gfusions.com so hopefully that works out well.

May be cruising around this site to work out some issues on my old alero. Gonna be a learning car.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome back to the site!! I still check in from time to time as well even though my Alero is long gone lol, but it's definitely not as active as it used to be. Hopefully the other Fusion forum works out better for you. That's weird as long as Ford has been making them that it's not more active.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #8
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
I think social media etc has put a major hurt on forums. I mean think back to a decade ago on this forum we use to have other conversations about non-car stuff etc. I think forums are just past their peek. Still have a purpose but not what they once were.
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote