Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
Ortz
GX Member

Ortz is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i need the white plastic piece for the back of my drivers door window.would that be part #22697622?and is that the same number for all the white clips,front clip,rear door one's,passenger.
this is the first that i have had to replace,but buy how you guy's are talking it sounds like i should stock up on them.
Ortz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #22
CarlitosWay

thats funny....I got quoted $475 for my drivers side window (parts and labor). Then they quoted me $175 to prop my window up with three pieces of wood....and I paid it. I got screwed.....Im about to buy a regulator/motor for $70 and just fix it my damn self.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:03 AM   #23
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^haha ... I fixed mine for free. It fell down the day I bought the car as I was backing out of the previous owners driveway. Long story short he was an idiot and gave me $500 to get it fixed at the dealership. I just got the part locally and put it in myself
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #24
CarlitosWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtrydr View Post
^haha ... I fixed mine for free. It fell down the day I bought the car as I was backing out of the previous owners driveway. Long story short he was an idiot and gave me $500 to get it fixed at the dealership. I just got the part locally and put it in myself

Thats how you flip cash! Thats pretty tight...lol!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #25
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Hey Strtrydr, what kind of glue did you use to attach the white piece to the glass ?? If you didn't need to do this then disregard.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
CarlitosWay

My drivers side window has been out of commission for the last year. I just got used to not being able to roll down my window. Im pretty sure my rear regulators are about to go too. Anyway, any sites you guys recommend checking out to find a decent, RELIABLE, regulator?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #27
Vinman
GL Member

Vinman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vinman Send a message via Yahoo to Vinman
Which of those part numbers are for the coupe (if there's a difference from coupe and sedan with these) and are these actually the two clips the connect the window to the regulator...I see what everyone is saying about the regulator issue, my passenger side was really slow, then one day my buddy decided to try and fix it, and broke the white clips, so i replaced the regulator thinking it was dying because it was sooooo slooooooowwwww, but now i have the "new" one in...I got it for x-mass, and it happened to be a pass. side regulator from a g/a coupe, and now the switch works in the opposite way and its still slllooowwwwww... is there really that much difference in the wiring? or did i just get a bum regulator...during installation, everything went in perfectly.
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:38 AM   #28
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
the clips (actually sashes) are the same for 2 and 4 door. As for your window switch working backwards, somehow your wires are reversed going into the motor. did you use the motor you already had, or one that came with the regulator?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #29
Vinman
GL Member

I just swapped 'em both out...it was pretty easy.. I didn't mess with the motors...i had no issues with the connectors..they just clipped right together..and I think I'm gonna order the sashes soon...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #30
Vinman
GL Member

so what is the difference between numbers besides the numbers themselves and the price...gmpartsdirect really needs to start using pictures...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
SIUlero
GL Member

i'll check the system at work tomorrow and see if we show a difference in our regulators...then get back to ya tomorrow night
Old 10-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
SIUlero
GL Member

i checked all the part numbers, and all the grand am regulators are the same as the corresponding alero regulators from our suppliers...shouldn't be any issues interchanging them
Old 01-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #33
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to a dealership yesterday to ask them about the clips that ride up and down the regulator and they said that they weren't available. They also said that if I did get them aftermarket, that someone would have to know what they were doing because when you undo the cables, that you have to be careful timing them or some crap. Has anyone else heard this? And if so, how would you do the timing? Thanks.
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #34
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
They fed u a pile of BS. Every dealership i called said the would sell them but had to order i found one that had them. They a$$ rape u in price and as far as i know no one makes the after market clips. As far as timing and everything more BS its easy as all get out.
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
i got mine from ebay. good part and good price. seems better then the factory one. window regulator

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #36
AleroFreek
GX Member

AleroFreek is an unknown quantity at this point
so help me out here...my drivers window has just stopped working as well...should i replace the switch in the door? or is is more commonly the rigging inside the door panel? When i use the switch now i hear a clicking noise...
AleroFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #37
SIUlero
GL Member

your switch is fine....you'll have to pull the door panel off and see what's broken. could be the sash, probably the regulator
Old 04-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #38
Onewing91
GX Member

Onewing91 is on a distinguished road
Hey my window works fine but the back part of it doesn't seem to be attatched, cuz it falls down while the front is still good, does that sound like the clip? and if it does, how much do this things run? I'm prolly gonna pull off the door panel today or tomorrow, but I just figured why not ask..

"I have a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!"

3400 SFI V6 Mod: WAI, LEDs inside, 12" MPL Subs, Kenwood Amp, Clear Corners, nothing major
Onewing91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #39
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
concerning the bundle package with the audit, a customer with lifeline in Ohio cant have these products and services and still receive discounts from the state. visit www.embarq.com for details.
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #40
SIUlero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewing91 View Post
Hey my window works fine but the back part of it doesn't seem to be attatched, cuz it falls down while the front is still good, does that sound like the clip? and if it does, how much do this things run? I'm prolly gonna pull off the door panel today or tomorrow, but I just figured why not ask..

You'll have to look at it to find out, but it could be the sash that is epoxied to the window, or it could be the clip that's attached to the regulator. If it's the sash, Autozone has them in the Help! section for around 8 bux in a package of 4 (only 2 that you can use for our cars though). If it's the clip, you'll have to replace the regulator.

And SittinOnChrome....did I miss something?