Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-05-2004, 06:51 AM   #41
overdrive75

Yeah I think you are lying about GM doing the work, because I find it hard to believe they would tear down a motor, when they are just going to order a reman to put in there. Oh yeah and if they are doing, it, under warrenty, that's a great scam. Hey I blew my engine up by running NOS, then I took it all off and the dealer is gonna fix it under warrenty. That puts you in the same place in my book as the people that scam money off of little old laddies that don't know any better. Or the people that set up phony charitys after major disastorous events, and pocket the money. Some one needs to tip the dealer off where this guy has the car, that way half way through the job they can say they aren't covering it, and hold his car while it is appart for payment of a portion of the estimate, and then hold the car till it is paid for by him once done.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:29 AM   #42
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
I think its funny if GM put a new motor in for him. GM deserves to be screwed. What about all the people that have the 3.4L and they have to pay for a new gasket right after the warranty is out? Many of you have been on those shoes. And GM don't care about you. I don't think what he done is right, but I by no means care if GM has to pay for a new engine.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:44 AM   #43
chicken_dog

Good job top props to screwing GM :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Old 03-05-2004, 05:10 PM   #44
`2000redalero

wasn't there an official recall on those gaskets for the 3400?

you're still making a loser move silverknight
Old 03-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #45
overdrive75

Don't worry this will eventually come back to bite him in the end. Especially if they find out after the fact that NOS was the cause of the problem. I would have a good lawer if I were silvernight, because they could end up draging him to court, the dealer that is if they ever found out.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:49 AM   #46
dopey

i agreed with the point that i have no problem wiht GM being screwed. cause GM has screwed many a car buyer.

but i just personally dont like silverknight casue hes a dipshet so i hope he gets effed in the end.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:08 AM   #47
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@Mar 6 2004, 05:49 AM
i agreed with the point that i have no problem wiht GM being screwed. cause GM has screwed many a car buyer.

but i just personally dont like silverknight casue hes a dipshet so i hope he gets effed in the end.
I sense some tension on this thread... B) :P
hahahahaha
I am a life long Gm fan and i dont have a problem with them getting bitten on this one, if infact they are.... :rolleyes:
the 3.4 gasket issue is a valid point... no owner of any 3.4 should have had to pay for that, cus thats BS
And should my tranny went at 1500k??? I dont foking think so...i didnt pay 20G's for an alero because i didnt want a gay-fire or cavaqueer, and have to drive a sunfire for over a week after having the car for a week....
Not like its gm's fault, but it was said on here that if they cant tell that N2o was run on this motor then w/e, like it was said b4.. its not like the engine in stock configuration will blow... unless you keep it at redline for extended periods...and only idiots do that :rolleyes:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #48
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
yea, its BS that he got a new motor because he blew it up with nitrous but its awesome that GM get screwed. they SHOULD have recalled that bunnyin gasket, cause i paid 800 out of my pocket like 10,000 miles after i bought the fckin pile of sht.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:59 AM   #49
99blackalero

so now that they are putting the new engine on, u putting the nitrous back in?
Old 03-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #50
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Mar 4 2004, 01:00 AM
sorry, my bad I didn't just magically know he was a canuck. Thanks for pointing that out to me
Well maybe you should have magically noticed that 100 is alot closer to 0 on his speedo. Or that it magically goes up to a way higher number :rolleyes:
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:15 PM   #51
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Mar 5 2004, 02:26 AM
I doubt he's lying about them tearing it apart and covering it. It don't take long to tear a motor apart, esp if you know what you're doing (my top end was pulled apart and rebuilt in a few hours). As for them covering it, that's kinda what I thought, figured they would if he removed the bottle. I think its BS that he got a new motor cuz he was a twit but what can I do about it? GM is the biggest auto company on earth so a new motor is not really gonna break em. I'm just gonna remember who scammed GM for a new engine, case they want help from me h34r:
Yea, ever notice the financial state that GM is in right now? And if you think this kid is the first to scam GM out of a big ticket item, then you are sorely mistaken. poop like this definitely doesn't help car prices go down.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #52
`2000redalero

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.4Alero@Mar 7 2004, 07:15 PM
Yea, ever notice the financial state that GM is in right now?
All I know is last march, their stock was right at $30/share...shot up over Dec. and this Jan/Feb it was at $55... right now it's $48.4something
Old 03-08-2004, 10:33 AM   #53
misslindseysue

And they're laying off contract people, again. Engineers might go, too.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #54
`2000redalero

dang that sucks...tell me they are just downsizing and not sending jobs to :shoot: India
Old 03-09-2004, 01:33 AM   #55
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Mar 8 2004, 09:33 AM
And they're laying off contract people, again. Engineers might go, too.
I think the key word here is CONTRACT, this implies that you will no longer work for this company, it should be no surprise when they cancel those contracts.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:46 PM   #56
jeremythebear
GX Member

jeremythebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by overdrive75@Mar 2 2004, 01:08 AM
Oh yeah but take the NOS kit off if you have one, also CAI and exhaust, as in these 4 bangers given the right conditions with those mods, CAI and exhaust, can run really lean, and yes GM knows this and that can be deemed the cause of engine failure thus not covered under warrenty.
What can be done to a 3.4 with cai and exhaust to richen the mixture?
jeremythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:39 PM   #57
3.4Alero

Bravada injectors.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #58
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
raise the fuel pressure