Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
raychael2003

Selling my 03 Alero to get a Trans Am

It's pretty much stock and I just got it im January of this year. I had plans to mod it out and make it fast and take it to the track. I guess I'm taking the easy way out by getting a car that's easy to mod (like the 2000 Trans Am Formula I found in my area). It's just really hard for me to work on this car by myself and not many people in my area have modded Alero's. It just doesn't happen. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting this TA unless someone can talk me out of it and help me mod this thing by myself. Otherwise, I need to figure out the fastest and easiest way to sell this thing at high dollar. It's an 03 with 55k miles. Power everything with nearly flawless interior. What to do??
Old 05-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
Hate to say it but Aleros are barely worth the value of the pink slips. Only way to get a high dollar for it is to total it and collect insurance money.
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
tonyboi261
GX Member

tonyboi261 is on a distinguished road
you live in illinois theres plenty around from that area ... now try being in topeka ks ive looked and there is noone even in the same state as me.... u could trade it in but u wont get much

99 white alero 4 door-R.I.P you will be missed
92 opal green civic 4 door-h22 turbo running mid 11s

"i might not look like much but im a pro at pretending to be a ninja!"
tonyboi261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
the dealership I work at told me 4500 for mine, pretty damn shitty if you ask me.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:05 AM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
LOL, people complain about fit and finish, build quality, etc.. about the Alero. You'll learn about those problems with a F-Body, that's for sure.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #6
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raychael2003 View Post
It's pretty much stock and I just got it im January of this year. I had plans to mod it out and make it fast and take it to the track. I guess I'm taking the easy way out by getting a car that's easy to mod (like the 2000 Trans Am Formula I found in my area). It's just really hard for me to work on this car by myself and not many people in my area have modded Alero's. It just doesn't happen. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting this TA unless someone can talk me out of it and help me mod this thing by myself. Otherwise, I need to figure out the fastest and easiest way to sell this thing at high dollar. It's an 03 with 55k miles. Power everything with nearly flawless interior. What to do??

well do u have the LD9 or the 3400? If you have the LD9 you can easily make it fast. The LD9 can outperform a V-tech if you know how to combine the right parts. I can help you but if its a 3400, sorry I dont know much about it but still you can make it fast even if its a 3400. When looking for aftermarket parts look under Cavalier or Sunfire if its the LD9. You wont get a lot if you sell it. Let me know what you decide. Im currently planning to rebuild my LD9
Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #7
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
pfft yall are ridiculous.

Babe, if you dont mind paying for the gas to dump in it, go for the formula!!! I'm a huge firebird gal, we have 2.. a '69 and a '95

trust me.....
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 AM   #8
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
KEEP IT!!!!!! I told you id gladly help out anyway i could to see that car of yours get up and modded besides shouldnt your bf/fiance/husband(whatever he is LOL) be helping you some as well???

You wont get much for the car.. trust me i know.. i looked into it as well before i started modding mine. Dealers will Fck you over and people wont pay you what its worth. Just keep it and drive it till it falls apart and modd it the way you want to... ill gladly help and im sure others around here will have advice and be able to help out as well some way or another

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #9
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
The formula will be a lot easier for you to mod. Alero's aren't easy to mod unless you have quite a bit of dough to throw at it. And even then, you can't do as much to it as you can a formula. So I would say go for it, but like everyone else has said, you wont get much for your alero, no matter what shape it is in. Top dollar for our cars is probably going to be around 4 to 6K max. Gotta love depreciation!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #10
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
LOL, people complain about fit and finish, build quality, etc.. about the Alero. You'll learn about those problems with a F-Body, that's for sure.

word........ those F-bodies certainly are piles of junk. they stopped making them for a reason.

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 AM   #11
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
It is easy to mod an Alero, just like it is a Cavalier. WHOA DOESNT A CAV AND A ALERO HAVE THE SAME LD9 ENGINE?!!! So dont look for parts for a alero, look for parts for a cav and you'll have tons of options, and on top of that you can interchange parts with the Twin CAM's prior engine the Quad 4. So all you need to do is some research and soon you'll learn the potential of the LD9. Im rebuilding my LD9 to learn more first hand and upgrade it. Besides firebirds are badazz, and thats acuatlly the car I want to own, a six speed tranny, 5.7L V8 engine, and the sporty look of the dam thing alone. But after learning a bit of the LD9 i am crazy to rebuild it to its potential, and now I dont like hondas and their V-techs cause now i comprehend of what i own and the LD9. Im looking to buy a Cav with the LD9 so i can work on that too or a ecotec. I may shock a few but I can now proudly say eff HONDAS dam lawnmors
Old 05-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #12
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
word........ those F-bodies certainly are piles of junk. they stopped making them for a reason.

lol didn't they discontinue the N-Bodies 2 years later?
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
^was about to say that lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #14
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
gotta give the F-body some credit, it made it through bullrun. (if anyone else watches that show)

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #15
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichrysler View Post
lol didn't they discontinue the N-Bodies 2 years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
^was about to say that lol
n-body got discontinued for different reasons. and it was replaced more than anything by the current platform the G6 sits on....

the didnt get rid of the n-body because no1 was buying them and they were junk..... like the f-body

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
well f body or n body.. i still like my 6pck body.... LOL yeah sorry couldnt resist

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #17
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
id say if its the 4 cylinder, find a way to keep it for a daily driver, thats what im doing with my ecotec alero, keeping it as a daily driver, as I have purchased a 96 mustang SVT cobra for my weekend fun car/project car. now granted its current a v8 N/A, there are tons of options for it such as turbo/supercharger/long blocks/etc.

the nice thing about the cobra, even though its about 100hp behind the 03-04 cobras because of no supercharger, i also paid about 1/4 the price of one of the newer cobras, so in those savings i can instantly begin my mods instead of having to make monthly car payments.

if your looking for serious power then the only feasible way to go is a rear wheel drive car.... yes you can get serious power out of a front wheel drive, but theres a lot more work and tons of more money involved, especially since they are all 4 and 6 cylinders that are N/A.
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
what kind of condition is the Trans Am in?
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:15 AM   #19
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
if i had the possibility of a TA i would go for it. I dont think you are gonna find a decent price for the alero though. Good luck with it.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #20
raychael2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
well f body or n body.. i still like my 6pck body.... LOL yeah sorry couldnt resist

haha! way to lighten the mood!