Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
LNJ fuel system swap?

i was wondering if it were possible to swap to the LNJ fuel system? maybe if it was possibly better, the LNJ is the chinese revised version of the LA1, found in pontiac torrents and equinoxs..... i know it uses a different rail regulator and injectors and was curious if this would be an upgrade over stock in any way...
Old 08-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
-Alero-
GLS member

appreciate it if possibly CLiff would chime in
Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
he might be one of the few that'd actually know what your talking about.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I thought the 3400 had no protential

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
-Alero-
GLS member

it doesnt especially when they make shitty ass after market FPR's for them and they eff up
Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
it doesnt especially when they make shitty ass after market FPR's for them and they eff up

shiet.. i just converted my LA1 3400 fuel rail over to -AN fitting and used any aftermarket FPR.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah i thought about going to the AN just curious if the LNJ would be a more easy route, but what size AN did you use again?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I'm sorry you didn't buy an "off-the-shelf" car

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #9
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I'm sorry you didn't buy an "off-the-shelf" car

right back at you?

i honestly do not understand how to communicate with you, sorry
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
yeah i thought about going to the AN just curious if the LNJ would be a more easy route, but what size AN did you use again?

Stainless steel fitting
http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=328

OR

Aluminum fitting
http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=360

Both -6AN.

Then I got my local parker hose store to make me a stainless steel braided line w/ 6AN ends on it. But I only used the return side w/ the AN fitting bought through MPracing.

I can piece you the setup I have. SARD AFPR, w/ stainless steel braided lines and fittings.

Pic of the SARD AFPR, I get them through my work.

Same one I used on my car. Its JDM! lol.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
right back at you?

i honestly do not understand how to communicate with you, sorry

I'm not sorry I didn't buy an off-the-shelf car

You don't seem to communicate, you whine and cry too much IMO. You try to prove everybody wrong and only prove yourself wrong in the process. There is nothing wrong with not knowing everything, but there is everything wrong with acting like you know everything.

I really think you'd be much happier with a Civic, or a Mustang. A car that you can just go to a speed shop or go to Google and type in "X" performance parts and get over 10,000,000 pages of parts

This is why I bought the Alero. I liked it, and it's hard to get performacne parts for it, but all the motors in the Alero are great motors and take to mods very well. Anybody with a modded Alero with agree with me.

The Delta, the same story. It's not impossible to get parts for it, but I can get them. It takes a little thing called "searching" It's what makes my cars unquie.

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
Stainless steel fitting
http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=328

OR

Aluminum fitting
http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=360

Both -6AN.

Then I got my local parker hose store to make me a stainless steel braided line w/ 6AN ends on it. But I only used the return side w/ the AN fitting bought through MPracing.

I can piece you the setup I have. SARD AFPR, w/ stainless steel braided lines and fittings.

Pic of the SARD AFPR, I get them through my work.

Same one I used on my car. Its JDM! lol.

Is that adjustable

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I don't know why you would want to do that setup. There is no FPR on that rail. The FPR is integrated into the fuel pump module, it is a returnless system. I'm not sure on the flow of the injectors, but the shape of the rail looks like it may interfere with the neck on the plenum where the throttle body goes on. The neck on the LNJ comes out the top of the plenum, that's why it looks so tall.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #14
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Is that adjustable

it is! You adjust the nut on the top, then set the set screw so it dont move.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 AM   #15
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alero what kind of mods do you have planned that you want to change the fuel system? I was shocked that my cammed setup still has a little of injector efficiency left. Redog why do you put him down for asking questions? He is putting something together now and might believe in the LA1 now, why discourage that?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #16
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
I don't know why you would want to do that setup. There is no FPR on that rail. The FPR is integrated into the fuel pump module, it is a returnless system. I'm not sure on the flow of the injectors, but the shape of the rail looks like it may interfere with the neck on the plenum where the throttle body goes on. The neck on the LNJ comes out the top of the plenum, that's why it looks so tall.

that was seriously all i wanted to know, the question was really for you because i knew you had axcess to seeing the shapes of things, just wanted to find this out before i made a different decision, thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 AM   #17
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
I'm not sorry I didn't buy an off-the-shelf car

You don't seem to communicate, you whine and cry too much IMO. You try to prove everybody wrong and only prove yourself wrong in the process. There is nothing wrong with not knowing everything, but there is everything wrong with acting like you know everything.

I really think you'd be much happier with a Civic, or a Mustang. A car that you can just go to a speed shop or go to Google and type in "X" performance parts and get over 10,000,000 pages of parts

This is why I bought the Alero. I liked it, and it's hard to get performacne parts for it, but all the motors in the Alero are great motors and take to mods very well. Anybody with a modded Alero with agree with me.

The Delta, the same story. It's not impossible to get parts for it, but I can get them. It takes a little thing called "searching" It's what makes my cars unquie.

dude wtf...i joined aleromod like 3 months after you and your attacking me with this 5 years later!? wtf.........

here i think you just want to hear this, MY CAR IS BONE STOCK AND IM NOT ALERO OF THE MONTH BECAUSE IM BONE STOCK, AND I DIDNT ORDER THE OSV KIT BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS ABLE TO BUY IT OFF THE SHELF OF MY LOCAL ABERTSONS

jesus tap dancing christ when have i ever came off as knowing everything? if someone asks a question and i know the answer to i asnwer it, if i dont know the asnwer to something i ask it, just like this effing thread, god damn....

its like i should effing appologize that i drive the alero, and dont drive it the way you would or dont buy the shit you would for it, i seriously do not know what you want from me
Old 08-12-2008, 03:35 AM   #18
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
well i just think its funny that you were saying how bad the 3400 is and now you want to mod it, im not getting involved though.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 AM   #19
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEY GLADSTONE View Post
well i just think its funny that you were saying how bad the 3400 is and now you want to mod it, im not getting involved though.

you just did

my 3400 has always been modded.....since 2002...... and still to this day it still isnt running right, i constanly get bank 1 too lean, lower catalyst below threshold, but i still sink money into it, i still drive it, i still entrust it with my effing life every god damn day. just stop take a second and ask every single person who ever owned a la1 and ask them how many problems they had........everyone has a problem out of this motor......and for that some v6 aleros are worth even less money than the 4 cylinder bretherins...theres a reason they discontinued the la1 and a reason the l61 came out on top........but what the eff ever you know, doesnt mean im getting rid of it.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #20
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
dude wtf...i joined aleromod like 3 months after you and your attacking me with this 5 years later!? wtf.........

here i think you just want to hear this, MY CAR IS BONE STOCK AND IM NOT ALERO OF THE MONTH BECAUSE IM BONE STOCK, AND I DIDNT ORDER THE OSV KIT BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS ABLE TO BUY IT OFF THE SHELF OF MY LOCAL ABERTSONS

jesus tap dancing christ when have i ever came off as knowing everything? if someone asks a question and i know the answer to i asnwer it, if i dont know the asnwer to something i ask it, just like this effing thread, god damn....

its like i should effing appologize that i drive the alero, and dont drive it the way you would or dont buy the shit you would for it, i seriously do not know what you want from me

Remember when I gave you my phone number to help you over the phone, and you kept calling me, and I helped you, up until a certain point. That point was when you started to cry over the phone. zThis has been discussed on Aleromod a few times. I even remember what it was about. It was the gauge pod hook up. You asked where the best place to get power was and I told you behind the radio. After you got the bezel off, you couldn't get the radio out and you started to wimper like a lost puppy. Dude, it's 4 7mm bolts!!! get over it

Do you remember when I stopped answering the phone whenever you called? Pretty easy to do since you were the only TN area code calling me

Now there's no need to get your panties in a bunch. You hang yourself with your own words with just abut every singal post.

"The LA1 has no pontenal"
"What if I mod it with a Chinese 3400 fuel system"

Really though, I don't hate you or anything. I actually think your posts are pretty funny, well the ones that are car posts.

There are people that want to be helped and there is the helpless

www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 08-12-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Closed Thread