Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #41
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
switch the electronics in the rear of the cluster with yours the face of the gauges is where the leds are. it comes apart easy play with the spare cluster I sent you

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
Old 07-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #42
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I gots an idea, A.R. go to a junk yard, find a cluster that works, tinker with that so you dont mess up your good ones. Then when you go to mod your good ones, you have some knowlage about whats going on with them, or just dich out $80+ and have the dealer do it, simple ^_^
Old 07-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #43
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
REDOG,
Play nice now. I dont wanna have to seperate you two. LOL
-Smurf-

I'm trying, but this question doesn't require 3 pages

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #44
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

No it dosent need 3 pages, but if you look there is alot of crap flyinh as well as talking about the subject. It would seem that when AleroRacing makes a post, people feel the need to poke fun @ his "Dumb" question. So what he he askes alot of question that dont seem to make sense, @ least he is asking and trying to get information and learn about his car. Everybody has to start someplace, he just ended up on the wrong side of things. lol
Old 07-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #45
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Not that it's a dumb question at least the first question wasn't, but the questions that he asked afterwards make my head hurt

It's kinda like this:

"If I put my hand in the flames on the stove, will I get burnt?"

"yes"

OK but what if I just put my hand in the flames a little bit"

"Yes"

"I jsut want to know if it will hurt"

"Yes"

What do you mean by that"

"Nike, mothereffer"

"What?"

JUST effING DO IT!!

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #46
KenshinZero
GLS member

Then he is not comfortable in his ability to mod his car, therefore positive re-enforcement is usually the best solution, I understand it’s annoying, and makes my head hurt as well, but if we help the guy out and maybe build his confidence then he may stop asking so many questions like that. Anyhow, this went a wee bit off topic, lol another thing that seems to happen on his posts
Old 07-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #47
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

NO Shit! None of his post require 3 responses!!!!!!!He doesn't get it (anything), He NEVER will!!!
He just wants everyone to do the work for him, what kind of "modder" is that??? Not even willing to try!!!!

AND when I point this out to him, I get warned about getting an infraction. I think this is BS, but I w=roll with the punches and keep going. Not sit there and take up three pages of worthless statements, STILL stating that I dont know how to do it and what I am supposed to do. It would be the same as any other person on here asking bdyman how to paint a car. Bdyman tells them in a EXPLICIT PM what they need and how to do it. They turn around and buy the wrong paint and sprayer and prep materials, then tell bdyman that he does NOT know what he is talking about and that he is immature when responding to the said individual.
This is a SERIOUS case of retardedness gone wrong.
You see my point???
-Smurf-
Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #48
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroChick785 View Post
dealer is unaware he is dealing with a retard.

LMAOMFG!!!! I am upstairs having a coughing fit laughing so hard that my grandma came up from the basement to see if I was alright. HAHAHAHAHAHH LMAO
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #49
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
but serriously, to fix the mileage issue, you can take the circuit board part of the cluster and transplant it from one cluster to the other. *not sure* if all the lights you like are on it though.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #50
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
LMAOMFG!!!! I am upstairs having a coughing fit laughing so hard that my grandma came up from the basement to see if I was alright. HAHAHAHAHAHH LMAO

Why do you keep your grandmother in the basement?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #51
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktrax View Post
Why do you keep your grandmother in the basement?

now I just had a coughing fit.... just the way you said it...
Old 07-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #52
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
NO Shit! None of his post require 3 responses!!!!!!!He doesn't get it (anything), He NEVER will!!!
He just wants everyone to do the work for him, what kind of "modder" is that??? Not even willing to try!!!!

True that. I had a really good teacher building the Delta. I went though about 7 intake manifold gaskets because mech mech would take off the intake manifold after I left the shop, I'd go back the next day and he'd say, "Put it back on"

Quote:
AND when I point this out to him, I get warned about getting an infraction. I think this is BS, but I w=roll with the punches and keep going. Not sit there and take up three pages of worthless statements, STILL stating that I dont know how to do it and what I am supposed to do. It would be the same as any other person on here asking bdyman how to paint a car. Bdyman tells them in a EXPLICIT PM what they need and how to do it. They turn around and buy the wrong paint and sprayer and prep materials, then tell bdyman that he does NOT know what he is talking about and that he is immature when responding to the said individual.
This is a SERIOUS case of retardedness gone wrong.
You see my point???
-Smurf-

We all see it. It's about as plain as seeing sunburnt tits on a nude beach, but where guys would be looking, he is not.

With this, I give Adria a lot of credit. She found a 3400 engine for $75 and is taking it apart. We should all be so lucky and or skilled to do such a thing. I just don't have the room for such a toy (didn't have room for the 330 I just bought either, but...)

AR, I've said this before, I'll say it again and others have said it. GO TO A U-PULL-IT JUNKYARD AND FIND AN ALERO AND START HAVING FUN. It's not like the car is going to be running again or you'll have to put it back together correctly. Fixing or modding cars is def one of those things that is 'hands-on' If the car at the yard has a differnt motor than yours, if you can tell them apart, play in the interior.

The longest series of great questions you asked was about your Buick, but that didn't last long either

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #53
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
switch the electronics in the rear of the cluster with yours the face of the gauges is where the leds are. it comes apart easy play with the spare cluster I sent you

that kinda hit me an hour ago
Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #54
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

i tried the nearby junk yards, there all we retrieve it, you pay, they dont let you just go look PITA

my worst fear with my mods is a eff up and i gotta deal with somthing looking like shit until i can fix it, if it can even be fixed
Old 07-04-2009, 01:44 AM   #55
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
my worst fear with my mods is a eff up and i gotta deal with somthing looking like shit until i can fix it, if it can even be fixed

cant be worse then having to look at green seat covers

I shaved my balls for this?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:48 AM   #56
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

i liked those till they wore out, they were ordered for the green alero i was gonna buy, it was totaled the morning i got approved for the loan with the bank

but in that regards things like seat covers come right out
Old 07-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #57
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
i liked those till they wore out, they were ordered for the green alero i was gonna buy, it was totaled the morning i got approved for the loan with the bank

but in that regards things like seat covers come right out

Thats how car moding usually goes, take my headlamps for example, I used a torch and set my driver side lamp on fire... its ok tho
Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #58
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshinZero View Post
I gots an idea, A.R. go to a junk yard, find a cluster that works, tinker with that so you dont mess up your good ones. Then when you go to mod your good ones, you have some knowlage about whats going on with them, or just dich out $80+ and have the dealer do it, simple ^_^

the funny thing is I sent him 2 clusters the one with the leds and a whole other one, so he can play with the one he has, Its not like I killed him on price for two clusters. this is why I hate selling stuff some times, I can give shit away and some one will bitch, grrrrr !!!

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
Old 07-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #59
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

no ive learned alot, i wernt till last night when i pried the other apart to see if i could manage changing the color of the prnd123 on the cluster, that i though about just switching the board,

btw yalero, if you inssured that package all we need to do is file the claim, and most if not all of the package value should be refunded
Old 07-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #60
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
why is this still alive..... personally i would love that cluster.... my car would have 10K less then it really does