Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
how to hide sub wiring?

I'm installing my subs next week and I know how to do all that I just wana know how to hide the wires and make it look like it was done by a pro!

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
i do auto detailing so my car is always spotless [SIGPIC]
@mgaw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
It's pretty simple... Run it through the firewall Down the side panels (plastic pieces along bottom of doors) to the trunk.....
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
I just put the RCA wire, remote wire and power wire underneath the trim along the passenger side. It's takes a little bending however, depending on the size of the wiring.once you get the wires to the front, just feed them behind the carpet. It's easy to bend it down and there is plenty of room for the wires.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Yep, under the panels. Use an old wire hanger to help get wire though tough spots or under carper in places if you need.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Seorsum
GX Member

Seorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard to run the power line separate from the audio line, I don't know what the reasoning is, but I did it that way. It's easy enough to run the power cable from the battery thru the firewall just above and to the left of the brake pedal and then under the panels.
Seorsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have any pictures?

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Yeah I ran power wires down the drivers side and te RCA/command wire down the passengers side. The reason for runninthe RCA away from the power wire is so when the sub bumps hard and spikes the power, it won't affect audio quality.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #8
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seorsum View Post
I have heard to run the power line separate from the audio line, I don't know what the reasoning is, but I did it that way. It's easy enough to run the power cable from the battery thru the firewall just above and to the left of the brake pedal and then under the panels.

It's a necessity really. The main reason for this is that the speakers pick up on the engine sounds when you run them through the same side. You hear a bit of "alternator whine" coming through the speakers. It's really annoying.

Besides, the Alero has the battery on the driver's side. It's a lot easier to do this than say on a Jeep where the battery is on the passenger's side. Most radios have the RCA cables coming out of the passenger's side.

To me, I think the hardest part of an amp install is finding a good ground in the trunk. Some use the strut bolts, others ground it to a seat bolt. They're both annoying to do though.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #9
DeeJayy
GX Member

DeeJayy is on a distinguished road
For my ground I used the strut bolt. Make sure you sand the paint around it down!
DeeJayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
@mgaw23
GX Member

This is my present set up but I am in the middle of making a custom box! I have a kicker l5, 2 1000 watt 6x9 and 2 400 watt tweeters just in my trunk running off my jefferson amp

Last edited by @mgaw23 : 04-21-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I'm jealous of your trunk space!

My 2 12's took up most of my trunk, LOL
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
@mgaw23
GX Member

Yeah I had two 10s also kickers but this Mon, Mar 18, 2013 is even louder! And I'm making a custom box to save room

Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Don't know about the rest of you but I used a cloaking device...
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #14
@mgaw23
GX Member

What is that?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Can anyone send me a Picture of where they sent there wire in the firewall? Me being as smart as I was put it threw the fender..I know smart!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
Truth
GX Member

Truth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
Can anyone send me a Picture of where they sent there wire in the firewall? Me being as smart as I was put it threw the fender..I know smart!

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing when i first installed my subwoofers.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
either shove it by a gromet in the firewall or drill your own holes
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #18
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mgaw23 View Post
What is that?

I must be gettin old or something

I just tucked it under panels and carpets wherever I could... anywhere it was exposed I used tape and other such things to hide it... not perfect but it works
Old 04-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #19
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post

If you still want it, Ican post one when it's daytime again...

It's a rubber grommet near the fusebox on the right side of the brake booster.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 04-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Yes, Can you please send that picture. I was looking yesterday but didn't spend to much time since it was so nice for a moto ride!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote