Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #1821
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Nice head unit! Recently installed one like that in ours. Required a good deal of trimming behind the radio to get it to fit.

Happy to hear your car is back on the road and running well!

Last edited by dbral : 11-16-2023 at 10:35 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:44 PM   #1822
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I ended up installing a single DIN with the pocket below. I made a bracket to hold a voltmeter and mounted that in the pocket. Only reason I did it this way is because the single DIN was leftover from another car that I junked and I wanted an excuse (and a place) to mount a voltmeter.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #1823
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown View Post
I installed a dash cap (about 1/2 of the original vinyl on the dash was wrinkly and peeling) - although I don't love the look, it's good enough since I have no desire to take the entire dash out to get re-upholstered.

Which one did you use? Can you post some pictures of it?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #1824
homegrown
GX Member

homegrown is on a distinguished road
Sure. Here you go.
I got it from Coverlay Manufacturing.
The fit is decent - although, it would be nice if they also offered a matching airbag cover. Now I just have to see if the upholstery shop can make something that looks halfway decent.
It's pretty clear where the dashcap ends, but it's not in your normal line-of-sight, so it doesn't bother me. New shifter boot coming soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2783.JPG (117.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2784.JPG (118.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2785.JPG (126.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #1825
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I bought one those covers but haven't installed it on my wife's car yet. Looks pretty nice

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote