Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #61
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like an S15 too.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #62
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
it looks cool in concept but wouldn't be functional at all, i've owned a DD alero that sat off the ground the same height as this photochop, eff that, I will never do that again....

lol thats why im waiting until i get another car to lower mine.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #63
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
No pics, what a tease!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #64
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Ban Him!
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #65
Mori01
GX Member

Mori01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
looks more like a GT-R....notice the rear quarter panels.

I thought the exact thing, looks like a GT-R was the inspiration, I could see a supra too
Mori01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #66
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know who chopped that.......I need someone to chop a pic for me and that is some good work.
06 Mazdaspeed 6 - Current Vehicle
sburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #67
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
well i'm surprised no one recognized it immediately as an S15. Ion takes the prize I guess. I didn't really do anything to it. It should be bad ass considering the cash that goes into a car like this
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #68
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So is that your car and/or is that your photoshop?

I <3 S15s... that looks SO badass.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #69
mrmike
GL Member

It's not mine, I'm sure you can't even get S15's in North America. It was one of the first pics that came up in a search for 'satin black'. Just shopped my lights onto it is all. Actually the S15 is similar in a lot of ways to the alero/ grand am chassis. I've see a grand am with an s15 front end conversion before.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #70
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
I've see a grand am with an s15 front end conversion before.

i'd like to see this.

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #71
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
It's not mine, I'm sure you can't even get S15's in North America.
Sure ya can. Someone on here has a yellow one.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #72
mrmike
GL Member

You're probably thinking of the S14, which quite often receives an S15 front end. The actual S15 wasn't made for sale in North America, and so like the R34 Skyline it can't be imported legally. Sure, a few have slipped in illegally, or are registered as kit cars, but the only real S15's in the states are at drift events.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #73
[ion] C2
636 whp

Nope, this is a real Silvia S15, RHD, in the United States.

It was hahano404 who had it. He erased all of his posts on here though after he got flamed and left Aleromod.
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24872
Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #74
mrmike
GL Member

Hmm... I actually remember a magazine article where someone imported an S15 into California. I know motorex slipped some skylines in 'legally' (lied about doing crash testing) but I know that you couldn't walk into a Nissan dealership in America and pick up an S15.
edit**** did some checking
nope, can't import S15s legally for the street. Hahano's was illegal I guess. You can import them as race / offroad vehicles, but just to buy it and license it isn't going to happen.

Last edited by mrmike : 02-26-2009 at 11:09 PM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #75
[ion] C2
636 whp

I guess AftermathAlero's was too... he drove 2 in the states that he was working on..
Old 02-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #76
mrmike
GL Member

Well if you have money, stuff like traffic laws aren't really that serious. They could easily afford to pay any tickets or fines if they had the funds to import and heavily modify a car like that. One post I found, someone said, "unfortunately the girls would think its a Grand Am, but then again the cops might think so too." Hell, I changed the lights in my photoshop and people on an Alero forum couldn't tell it from an Alero. Another approach is to use the vin and registration from an S14 and claim body panel conversion. Basically if you really want an S15 you could get it, but you would pay a huge load of cash and you would have to be ridin dirty.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #77
Chipmunk-Alero
AleroMoB

Chipmunk-Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chipmunk-Alero
OK, im confused. Today is the first day I have been on here in like 3 months. With all the mods listed on there it kinda sounds like my car, but mine is still painted and does not have any badges on the trunk.

Someone is screwing with you guys. I'll get some pics of my car up on here.

CC & PB, Tinted Tails, 3K HIDs (Lows/Fogs), GAGT Mirrors, Flowmaster Exhaust, D/S Rotors, CAI, Rockford Fosgate T400-4 T800-4, 1 15" C3, Rockford F 5.25/R 6x9
Chipmunk-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #78
shez
GX Member

shez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk-Alero View Post
OK, im confused. Today is the first day I have been on here in like 3 months. With all the mods listed on there it kinda sounds like my car, but mine is still painted and does not have any badges on the trunk.

Someone is screwing with you guys. I'll get some pics of my car up on here.

please do.
shez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #79
econewb22
The Plane Mechanic

econewb22 is on a distinguished road
mikes chop is the only good thing out of this thread so far...but im still hopeful
econewb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #80
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Actually the S15 is similar in a lot of ways to the alero/ grand am chassis.
How do you even think this comment is remotly true. Please exsplain this.

Hmm... I actually remember a magazine article where someone imported an S15 into California. I know motorex slipped some skylines in 'legally' (lied about doing crash testing)

Wrong motorex was and did import skyline legally, till the gov. shut them down fr numerous legal reasons with theft, exstortion, etc . in fact you were able to legally order and buy Skylines and s15 from them. If they were road legal at the time prior to the ban the cars were ale to stay road legal,no ohter ones brought into the country now are legal for road use.

Theres a guy in oak harbor washington, whom has a road legal s15 and an r34, the r34 minimcs the signal auto one with the same kit,whit rims and color shifting paint, the s15 was a greenish color, stock body with a huge carbonfiber wing, both from motorex and both road legal. The r34 was brought from apan an supposed to be all set for him quicer than it was, motorex then gave him a substatial discount on the s15 since they were facing closing. Both of them are registered legally and drvien daily.

If you wanted to have a skyline or s15 inthe country as mr.mike said it has to be a '"kit car" that cannot be registered legally. In order to ship a skyline ors15 from japan it has to be shpped as seperate peices. The drive train, body,braking system and electroics cannot be shipped together. once here it would have to be buit back up. This was the same issue i had transefering from japan when I wanted to bring my VIP aristo. The cost to have it shipped and completely built p was an investment i did not want to make.

Basically if you really want an S15 you could get it, but you would pay a huge load of cash and you would have to be ridin dirty.

Or you could get a 240sx (s14) and do an s15 conversion. wouldnt be real, but most people wouldnt be able to tell.

Hahano's was illegal I guess.

you guessed wrong.

Last edited by paulyb : 03-12-2009 at 07:24 AM.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote