Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #81
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

volfenhag_alero is on a distinguished road
The wheels I'm planning on putting on is Konig Hotswap 18"x9" with a 90mm lip in the front and 18"x9" in the back with a 120mm lip... The lip size may change... I have to measure it out to make sure once the fenders and rear quarter panels are done
volfenhag_alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #82
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
so your still going to mold the fiberglass flares to the metal fender?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #83
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
I think its going to look good, however I dunno anything about body work so I cant really comment on what the others are saying is gonna happen, but if it was me i would just do all metal just cause I wouldnt want to have to worry about it getting messed up as bad as they say it will.

God knows I have wasted a ton of money on stuff for the ho only for it to be a waste cause I didnt do it the right way the first time.
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #84
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

My vents on my fenders should be done this evening... I'll post pics as soon as I'm done and the are on the car... The flares won't be on it yet... they still have yet to come in and they will only be primed until I'm ready for my new paint job.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #85
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfenhag_alero View Post
My vents on my fenders should be done this evening... I'll post pics as soon as I'm done and the are on the car... The flares won't be on it yet... they still have yet to come in and they will only be primed until I'm ready for my new paint job.

ok....so you are molding them on after a couple of months you will regret it, but w/e its your car do what you want
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #86
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
ok....so you are molding them on after a couple of months you will regret it, but w/e its your car do what you want

yeah i think he's already established that he's gonna do what ever he wants..... not that thats a bad thing for him. but it may just be a bad thing in the long run.

I know for me it takes me being stubborn before I realize that sometimes my way or my wants are not always the best way of doing things
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #87
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfenhag_alero View Post
The wheels I'm planning on putting on is Konig Hotswap 18"x9" with a 90mm lip in the front and 18"x9" in the back with a 120mm lip... The lip size may change... I have to measure it out to make sure once the fenders and rear quarter panels are done

what are the offsets....
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #88
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Bdyman I got in a hit and run front wasn't molded small crack in bumper and buckled the hell out of the fender and then another time drive scraped badly took small little chunk out of bumper and buckled my other fender. So my fiberglass bumper is stronger then my fenders but I have like one of the first aed bumpers richies old one.

Most fiberglass is going to be like that. It'll bend and crack, but not dent. For example, when I totalled my Alero, the FG fenders took the full force of the hit, and came out with lots of chips and a few cracks, but overall they had their shape still and could be fixed in an afternoon. If my fenders were metal they would've gotten dented/smashed beyond recognition. It's because fiberglass has memory, take a hammer to a metal fender, it'll leave a dent. Take a hammer to a fiberglass fender and it'll either leave a hole, or just crack and return back to it's shape.

But anyways

To those saying to just let him work... we're trying to save him headaches later when the fender flares inevittably crack...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #89
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
but like he said... he doesn't have the access to metal shaping tools.

let him add the fiberglass ones. see if any of us like it, and if/when it cracks/breaks... THEN find access to metal ones and do it again.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #90
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
let him add the fiberglass ones. see if any of us like it, and if/when it cracks/breaks... THEN find access to metal ones and do it again.

cherry....that was by far the dumbest thing you have ever posted why not do it the right way the first time? im sure there are shops or metal places around him that can make a metal copy of his fiberglass ones. sure you may have to pay a chunk of $$$ but it will be done right and you wont have to worry about it in the future. but im sick of saying this.....

go ahead and try to mold that to the fender
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #91
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just crack in gel coat bumpers solid no flex at all
Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #92
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
let him do it his way and when it looks like shit we can laugh at him. he knows what he's doing 'he made the bumper' didnt he...
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #93
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

Here's some pics of the fenders back on the car... they are bondoed but not sanded yet... I will be sanding them down tomorrow... My fender flares are supposed to be here at the end of the week... They shipped out friday morning.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #94
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
I like it, I love the custom works....

And for the people that say that FG will Crack, my hood is a metal one with a custom vent made of fiberglass and it hasn't cracked if you use the right adhesive it will last forever, now they do glue that are stiffer then weld...

It will crack if your wheel hit it while rolling or something but other than that it shouldn't crack if it was made properly

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 04-06-2009 at 08:55 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #95
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
So far it looks ok, but are you going to do something with the rear also? I dont know, the front fenders look kind of disproportionate to the rear now.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #96
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Wrong it will crack no matter what in time they have different properties!!
Go on fiberglass forums and say glass on metal will last forever!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #97
pimpalero2003
GLS member

http://fiberglassforums.com/showthread.php?t=4792
There's the sticky if you do it proparly it will last for awhile and depending where you live it will eventually crack
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #98
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
what the hell is the sewage plumbing pipe coming threw your fender ? looks like my drainage pipe..lol

flares cant possible look good with those,unless your going to flare it out below the vent line, just running the flares to the bottom is going to offset horrible

Last edited by paulyb : 04-06-2009 at 10:56 PM.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #99
Eric Neal
GX Member

Eric Neal is on a distinguished road
i think it looks pretty great man. yeah it does look kind disproportional from the back but im sure you have something in mind for that. what do you plan on doing to the rear?
Eric Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #100
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
not to shabby, is that evercoats duraglass??? if ya used there new stuff, it would have been better for ya its made for stuff like what you did,
fusor makes a adhesive to bond 2 different material together its great stuff
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote