Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #101
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
what the hell is the sewage plumbing pipe coming threw your fender ? looks like my drainage pipe..lol

i'm pretty sure thats the tubing for the bottom of the stock air intake...
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #102
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i want to know the offset of your rims...
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #103
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
^ So do I

What's the offset on the rims?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #104
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
hmmm not a fan so far, but that could change from you sanding and primer. atleast someone on here is getting their hands dirty! keep it up

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #105
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

volfenhag_alero is on a distinguished road
I had to postpone sanding bc we are having extremely bad weather lately... I sanded some but not much... The back will have some special things done to it, but you'll just have to wait and see... my fender flares are supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon... I will post more pics as soon as I can, but I'm going to a concert tomorrow night... As for the offset on the wheels I'm getting... I'm still not totally sure yet until I get my fender flares and rear end done
volfenhag_alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #106
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
looking good, i'm not usually a fan of wide body kits but i'll see when the finished product comes.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #107
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
just check konig's site, hotswap isn't even available in an 18x9,

and in order for a 18x9 wheel to fit right on the front with a 3.5 fender flare you are looking at a -43 offset, good luck with that.....
Old 04-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #108
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

My bad... the size of the Wheels was 18"x9.5"... I also was looking at the Lace wheels in a 18"x9.5"... They will have a deep lip to make the wide body look right.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #109
kwhauck
2Screwy

ok so then with a 18x9.5 you are still at a -37 offset........yeah good luck with that.....
Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #110
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

Well I got my fender flares in today... they don't seem as big as the one they had pictured, but I'll make them work... also they are only a 2" flare
Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #111
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
post pics
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #112
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
ok ive been wanting to say this,

Its not a effing wide body kit, wide body kits use wide fenders, not fender flares.............my yukon has bush wacker cut out flares, so does that make my truck a wide body???????????? do I have a wide body yukon. should i add a lame wing. an no deep lip rims dont help with wide body kits, wide rims do that for you....unless your going to add a spacer to push the rim and tire out more.........

Last edited by paulyb : 04-12-2009 at 08:45 AM.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #113
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

Why do you have to be a hater... 350z's have wide body kits that are just fender flares that connect to the body kit... same with the tiburon... the TT... and how about this keep you stupid comments to yourself... at least I'm making my Alero what I want it to be instead of just photoshoping what I want it to be.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #114
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Though I don't believe paulyb had to sound like like an a-hole, he is correct. Your terminology is off. What you're doing is not widebody. There's full custom widebody where the front fenders, rear quarter panel, and bumpers are widen.......

and then there's widebody where the fenders and quarter panels are "flared" but the sideskirts are extended out to match the flares and the bottom of the front/rear bumpers are flared to match as well

Adding two inches to your fender does not a widebody make. And no where in the entire thread do you mention additional work so unless you're going to go the extra mile and fab up the sideskirts and lower bumpers, then call them what they are : Flared F1 Style Metal Fenders

This....

and this.....

are not widebody
Your father is mistaken
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #115
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

I'm doing more than just putting on fender flares... they are just a fraction of what I am going to do... and I already have side skirts they just need to be modified to improve fitment.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #116
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
lol....well, it'll definitely be in your best interest to be more forthcoming about your plans. Lotta people love to nickpick over any and everything. Not telling you anything ya don't already know. Trust me, once you get it molded and painted, the atmosphere around here will change. But like I said, if you gonna do the widebody and do plan on eventually marketing it, do it right and do it big.
Your father is mistaken
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #117
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

I plan doing it real big... it's just going to take some time to make it right
Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #118
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
lol....well, it'll definitely be in your best interest to be more forthcoming about your plans. Lotta people love to nickpick over any and everything. Not telling you anything ya don't already know. Trust me, once you get it molded and painted, the atmosphere around here will change. But like I said, if you gonna do the widebody and do plan on eventually marketing it, do it right and do it big.

I've discovered that while I do get good info from this forum regarding my Alero, there is also one BIG HUGE problem thaty I think brings it way down. First of all, apparently if you don't clear your corners, then you may as well not post pictures of your car. Also, if you make one tiny mistake, you get sh*t on and treated like you are a total idiot, by someone who just happens to know different and they act like they are Gods, and they know all and you suddenly know nothing.

Personally, I think this.....Do whatever the heck you want to do with your car. If you want to put a whale tail on it, then do it. IT IS YOUR CAR< NOT ANYONE ELSE'S. I could care less what someone thinks about my car. Just because it doesn't look like their car doesn't make it any less or their's any better. Put whatever flares you want on it, put whatever tires you want on it PUT WHATEVER WING YOU WANT ON IT!!!! and paint it any which way you want. IT IS YOUR CAR, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!!

I am actually sick and tired of the know it alls on here who think that their way of modding the Alero is the only way. Modding has always been about doing what YOU want to your car. If modding was dome the way some people on this forum say it should be done, then going to a car show would be like going to an automotive dealership, the cars would all look the same!!!

To anyone that has anything negative to say about what I just said, you might as well keep it to yourself, cause I ain't going to waste my time responding to you.

Everyone ELSE, have a nice day!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #119
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
I've discovered that while I do get good info from this forum regarding my Alero, there is also one BIG HUGE problem thaty I think brings it way down. First of all, apparently if you don't clear your corners, then you may as well not post pictures of your car. Also, if you make one tiny mistake, you get sh*t on and treated like you are a total idiot, by someone who just happens to know different and they act like they are Gods, and they know all and you suddenly know nothing.

Personally, I think this.....Do whatever the heck you want to do with your car. If you want to put a whale tail on it, then do it. IT IS YOUR CAR< NOT ANYONE ELSE'S. I could care less what someone thinks about my car. Just because it doesn't look like their car doesn't make it any less or their's any better. Put whatever flares you want on it, put whatever tires you want on it PUT WHATEVER WING YOU WANT ON IT!!!! and paint it any which way you want. IT IS YOUR CAR, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!!

I am actually sick and tired of the know it alls on here who think that their way of modding the Alero is the only way. Modding has always been about doing what YOU want to your car. If modding was dome the way some people on this forum say it should be done, then going to a car show would be like going to an automotive dealership, the cars would all look the same!!!

To anyone that has anything negative to say about what I just said, you might as well keep it to yourself, cause I ain't going to waste my time responding to you.

Everyone ELSE, have a nice day!

Couldn't agree with you more
Old 04-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #120
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
x3...........
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote