Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #121
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
I've discovered that while I do get good info from this forum regarding my Alero, there is also one BIG HUGE problem thaty I think brings it way down. First of all, apparently if you don't clear your corners, then you may as well not post pictures of your car. Also, if you make one tiny mistake, you get sh*t on and treated like you are a total idiot, by someone who just happens to know different and they act like they are Gods, and they know all and you suddenly know nothing.

Personally, I think this.....Do whatever the heck you want to do with your car. If you want to put a whale tail on it, then do it. IT IS YOUR CAR< NOT ANYONE ELSE'S. I could care less what someone thinks about my car. Just because it doesn't look like their car doesn't make it any less or their's any better. Put whatever flares you want on it, put whatever tires you want on it PUT WHATEVER WING YOU WANT ON IT!!!! and paint it any which way you want. IT IS YOUR CAR, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!!

I am actually sick and tired of the know it alls on here who think that their way of modding the Alero is the only way. Modding has always been about doing what YOU want to your car. If modding was dome the way some people on this forum say it should be done, then going to a car show would be like going to an automotive dealership, the cars would all look the same!!!

To anyone that has anything negative to say about what I just said, you might as well keep it to yourself, cause I ain't going to waste my time responding to you.

Everyone ELSE, have a nice day!

LOLOLOLOL

i think he is just a little butt hurt about me and spilner telling him he was wrong on the supercharger thread......
Old 04-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #122
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

volfenhag_alero is on a distinguished road
He's right... there's a lot of "know it alls" on this forum and it's messed up when they bag on guys that are modding their cars the way they want to... and at this point nobody in the world has an Alero like mine, bc I have one off front, one off front fenders, one off side skirts and I'll have a one off paint job... Honestly I don't care if any of ya'll like my car, bc I know people where I live do and people at car shows that I attend do... If all you can do is bag and talk shit about someone elses car, it's only bc you're jealous that yours doesn't compare and you wish that your car could look like that or that you would have thought to do stuff like what I'm doing.
volfenhag_alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #123
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
^^man, you're gonna start a pissing battle calling others jealous. Most of us fall into the "believe it when I see it" category. Some of them really know what they're talking about but don't have good social skills. Then there are those who rag on any and every not because they want what you got but because it's just who they are. All you can do is not sweat the hype. Saying people are jealous of what you got makes you as big a butthead as they are. And I agree, this board is horrible in terms of how members interact with other. But that all falls on the inforcing of the regulations of the board, but that's an un-winnable battle. Just humble yourself and when you finish your project, don't become a dink like the same people you're putting down.
Your father is mistaken

Last edited by CiscoPath : 04-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #124
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
^^man, you're gonna start a pissing battle calling others jealous. Most of us fall into the "believe it when I see it" category. Some of them really know what they're talking about but don't have good social skills. Then there are those who rag on any and every not because they want what you got but because it's just who they are. All you can do is not sweat the hype. Saying people are jealous of what you got makes you as big a buttheaded as they are. And I agree, this board is horrible in terms of how members interact with other. But that all falls on the inforcing of the regulations of the board, but that's an un-winnable battle. Just humble yourself and when you finish your project, don't become a dink like the some people you're putting down.

Damm you said it bro.. I would have, eventually, thought of something intelligent to say just like you but that's just I'm a slow and deep thinker
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #125
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Dude just finish the project without posting anymore about it and when you are done post away. Good Luck with the car.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #126
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfenhag_alero View Post
He's right... there's a lot of "know it alls" on this forum and it's messed up when they bag on guys that are modding their cars the way they want to... and at this point nobody in the world has an Alero like mine, bc I have one off front, one off front fenders, one off side skirts and I'll have a one off paint job... Honestly I don't care if any of ya'll like my car, bc I know people where I live do and people at car shows that I attend do... If all you can do is bag and talk shit about someone elses car, it's only bc you're jealous that yours doesn't compare and you wish that your car could look like that or that you would have thought to do stuff like what I'm doing.

Im not trying to tell you what to do to your car..... im just trying to help you do it the correct way so you dont have to keep re-doing it. But you dont listen to the people who actually know stuff about body work. have fun fixing it again later on and having it look like crap from the cracking.....
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #127
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
I've discovered that while I do get good info from this forum regarding my Alero, there is also one BIG HUGE problem thaty I think brings it way down. First of all, apparently if you don't clear your corners, then you may as well not post pictures of your car. Also, if you make one tiny mistake, you get sh*t on and treated like you are a total idiot, by someone who just happens to know different and they act like they are Gods, and they know all and you suddenly know nothing.

Personally, I think this.....Do whatever the heck you want to do with your car. If you want to put a whale tail on it, then do it. IT IS YOUR CAR< NOT ANYONE ELSE'S. I could care less what someone thinks about my car. Just because it doesn't look like their car doesn't make it any less or their's any better. Put whatever flares you want on it, put whatever tires you want on it PUT WHATEVER WING YOU WANT ON IT!!!! and paint it any which way you want. IT IS YOUR CAR, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!!

I am actually sick and tired of the know it alls on here who think that their way of modding the Alero is the only way. Modding has always been about doing what YOU want to your car. If modding was dome the way some people on this forum say it should be done, then going to a car show would be like going to an automotive dealership, the cars would all look the same!!!

To anyone that has anything negative to say about what I just said, you might as well keep it to yourself, cause I ain't going to waste my time responding to you.

Everyone ELSE, have a nice day!

so.....do it your way when its not the RIGHT way. im talking about the flares..... i really could give two shits about what you or anybody else does to their car. Im just trying to help the guy so he does it the right way and doesnt half ass it cause hes too lazy. go put a big wing on your car and look like an ass, nobody cares. all i care about and a few other guys who do body work, is that its done right. Obviously this guy is taking your advice and not listening to us cause its his own car and were gonna be jealous when it starts cracking
Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #128
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Why do you have to be a hater... 350z's have wide body kits that are just fender flares that connect to the body kit... same with the tiburon... the TT... and how about this keep you stupid comments to yourself... at least I'm making my Alero what I want it to be instead of just photoshoping what I want it to be.

so as i said and was proven its not a wide body.......so go find the ricers guide to modding and re read it...fender flares dont constitute a wide body.....

and i laugh at that comment of "at least I'm making my Alero what I want it to be instead of just photoshoping what I want it to be" sorry mine is sitting in the garage torn down, and never have i chopped a "this is what I want it to look like" thow i did chop a version of the kato combat that im trying to finish, for a diffrent style...but guess i could just buy one and say i made it like you did......

your cars your car and do with it what you want, i dont care, but when you get called ot on your wrongful use of words try not to cry over it.....calling that a wide body may fly with your ricer high school friends, like your shitty wing does, but in the real world its not......
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #129
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
wow? uhm isnt there a rule for not flaming other peoples alero's paulyb? im just curious if you have read the forum rules or not?
Heres the link incase you havent yet, look at Silents second post, http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68
Old 04-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #130
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
I like it, I love the custom works....

And for the people that say that FG will Crack, my hood is a metal one with a custom vent made of fiberglass and it hasn't cracked if you use the right adhesive it will last forever, now they do glue that are stiffer then weld...

It will crack if your wheel hit it while rolling or something but other than that it shouldn't crack if it was made properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Wrong it will crack no matter what in time they have different properties!!
Go on fiberglass forums and say glass on metal will last forever!

I have to agree with pimp, go on FGF and ask about the glass and metal, they expand and contract at different rates so it will be fone for a while but will crack eventually, if done correctlly with the right materials it could last longer then most would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
http://fiberglassforums.com/showthread.php?t=4792
There's the sticky if you do it proparly it will last for awhile and depending where you live it will eventually crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
ok ive been wanting to say this,

Its not a effing wide body kit, wide body kits use wide fenders, not fender flares.............my yukon has bush wacker cut out flares, so does that make my truck a wide body???????????? do I have a wide body yukon. should i add a lame wing. an no deep lip rims dont help with wide body kits, wide rims do that for you....unless your going to add a spacer to push the rim and tire out more.........

what about this build isnt a wide body ? cause its not an off the shelf kit ? he is taking fender flares and molding them into the fenders making the body of the car wider, last time i checked the fenders were part of the body, since there is no "wide body" kit for the alero I guess one cant be made .

good luck with the build and if you need some help or postive feed back check out www.fiberglassforums.com/. there is some professional talent there and everyone is willing to help with a project any way they can.

cause as i can see everyone here is so supportive of someone trying to make there car custom with there own hands, instead lets get in a pissing contest over what a "wide body" is......... who the eff cares

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 04-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #131
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

^^^ Thanks... I'm not bashing on anybodies Alero... I'm just making mine different than everyone elses, but you all keep hating... If you don't like it, don't read and or post comments... It won't hurt my feelings any... bc I know what I'm doing with my Alero... I have several friends and relatives here that do body work for a living and have been doing it for 6 years or longer... They are the ones helping me with this project... I understand that your Alero is tore down, but that's not an excuse to bash me bc I'm finally making my what I want it to be and another thing... I made my front and I made my fenders... The only body parts that were purchased for my Alero was my rear bumper, side skirts and wing... At least my Alero is what I want it to be... You can call me a ricer or whatever all you want, but at least I'm getting out there and being different and representing everything that an Alero can be with a little work and a lot of imagination and planning
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #132
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
so..... go put a big wing on your car and look like an ass, nobody cares.

Obviously you DO care, because you are saying a big wing WILL make you look like an ass. Maybe someone likes a big wing. Obviously you don't, but you still feel it your duty to say that one will look like an ass with a big wing. This is precisely what I was talking about. People saying if you do this you will be an ass, and if you don't do this you will be an ass. Giving tips on how a perticular job is done is okay, but telling him it will make him look like an ass is just plain wrong.

And Quack, first off, you couldn't of picked a more perfect name. Sceond of all, if you want a device designed to cool incoming air laced in the middle of an engine running closs to if not over 200 degrees, then all the power to you. If you remove that, the dain from a LOT less restriction will probably out-weigh any supposed cooling effect from that small of an intercooler. I bet you run one of those things in your intake that is supposed to swirl the air and give you better mileage, and probably also have the magnets on your fuel line to "align the molecules" for better mileage. Also, if you actually read my post, instead of just enough so you could immediatelly bash it, I never said it was impossible. Now, why not put on a chicken suit and go cross a road!!!!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #133
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
what about this build isnt a wide body ? cause its not an off the shelf kit ? he is taking fender flares and molding them into the fenders making the body of the car wider, last time i checked the fenders were part of the body, since there is no "wide body" kit for the alero I guess one cant be made
First off, you really dug yourself into a hole. Name one person that said a widebody had to be bought off the shelf? Where did you pull that from? Don't make comments that have no basis to the ongoing conversation. Oh, and last time I checked, widebody literally meant the widening of the body. I've personally never heard of a widebodyparts kit, but that's just me. From your reasoning, wheels are part of the "body" as well, so all he really needs to do is put on some 3 inch wheel spacers and BAM! INSTANT WIDEBODY, right? You can't accentuate a portion of the whole and warp it up in a fits-all title. Do you call a car with only an aftermarket front bumper "kitted"? Fender flares" can give a car that widebody look.....................................but it's not a true widebody and shouldn't be labeled as one until it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
lets get in a pissing contest over what a "wide body" is......... who the eff cares
People who know the difference care. You can't come on a website and call your project something that real car enthusiasts and bodywork people know it's not. It makes it hard to put faith in his work if he can't even give his work a proper name. That's like me starting a thread called "Twin charging project" and all I have are two of those eSupercharger electric craps plumbed between my TB and CAI. Asking why this isn't a widebody kit only shows how much you're NOT in "the know". I asked him if he was gonna change the bumpers and sideskirts as well. He said he was. He knows what I meant about it being a widebody. Apparently, you don't. So don't pick up arms in a battle you aren't "knowledgeably" equipped for.

And volfen, be careful of who you allow to be your mouthpiece. Character is also determined by the character of the company you align yourself with. And you said in one of your posts you weren't gonna respond to any of the crap because it was beneath you. Don't be a hypocrite. Heed your own advice and oldsnuts' :Unless you're gonna stop being baited by every putdown said, dont post again in this thread until you're finished. If you keep this up, you're gonna finish the car and come here looking for accolades, only to get crapped on not because it doesn't look good but due to you being an ass during the process. And I'm late to all this, but from what I read, your credibility here is mud. If you want to be a key member bringing something new to the community and want respect for your work, then act like it. But if everyone who gives advice or criticism, good or bad, is a hater, you might as well leave the board now. It's already overrun with aasholes.
Your father is mistaken

Last edited by CiscoPath : 04-13-2009 at 12:59 AM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #134
volfenhag_alero
GX Member

I've done what everybody has asked... put up progress pics... show proof... and still Me and/or my Alero will ever be good enough for any of ya'll. I don't care... I love my car and the plans I have for it. I'm the only Alero modded in this area and I'm proud of that fact. I honestly don't need ya'lls approval on anything I'm doing. If I would have known that everybody was against each other on this site, I probably wouldn't have ever joined. I haven't done anything wrong to any of ya'll and yet you still bash me for being different and doing things my way. It's my car let me do with it what I wish to.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #135
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
I've done what everybody has asked... put up progress pics... show proof... and still Me and/or my Alero will ever be good enough for any of ya'll. I don't care... I love my car and the plans I have for it. I'm the only Alero modded in this area and I'm proud of that fact. I honestly don't need ya'lls approval on anything I'm doing. If I would have known that everybody was against each other on this site, I probably wouldn't have ever joined. I haven't done anything wrong to any of ya'll and yet you still bash me for being different and doing things my way. It's my car let me do with it what I wish to.

omg.....why does every thread have to end up with people crying about the other people on the site. ITS THE INTERNET, GET OVER IT! were gonna say what we think.....i painted my engine blue, and i got shit for it....did i sit there and cry like a baby, no. I manned up and did the smart thing....get rid of it. but thats a different case, im not bashing you. pauly went a little over board..... do what you want, but please stop crying, along with kilroy.....i feel like im talking to a bunch of teenage girls here
Old 04-13-2009, 04:06 AM   #136
NewbieAlero
GX Member

NewbieAlero is on a distinguished road
eeeeh booosh! =D

all i gotta say is, i think it's cool for someone to put any mod on an alero.

since around here in my city, the only alero's that i've seen have maybe a wing, and rims. no bodykit or anything really fancy to my liking.

i cant say whether or not its a wide body kit since i have no experience so i'll shut up on that.

but to make my point, i like the creativity of your car. keep it up

01 Alero
4DR 2.4L Twin Cam
103k miles.

everythings stock...lame.

starting with the engine work first

I got this from Nate, beat me if you can!
http://destinedalero.mybrute.com
NewbieAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #137
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
"Twin charging project"

Quoted for Epic Win.

But yea dude, theres gonna be people who hate on it, but just let them say whatever, if you don't feed people they shutup. Simple life lesson right there...
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #138
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
omg.....why does every thread have to end up with people crying about the other people on the site. ITS THE INTERNET, GET OVER IT! were gonna say what we think.....i painted my engine blue, and i got shit for it....did i sit there and cry like a baby, no. I manned up and did the smart thing....get rid of it. but thats a different case, im not bashing you. pauly went a little over board..... do what you want, but please stop crying, along with kilroy.....i feel like im talking to a bunch of teenage girls here

You got rid of your car because someone on a forum said the engine shouldn't be blue?? Damn, do you jump off a bridge because you hear it will make you look "cool"???
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #139
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
wow, this thread turned to shit. a mod or admin needs to clean all the whining out of here. Probably take it down to 2 pages. OR can start a new thread with just volfenhag's pics and delete this thread altogether.

Volfenhag: I won't make any negative comments unless I don't like the finished product. I might make constructive comments in the meantime. Keep up the work and keep us updated, and don't be discouraged by the whiners.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #140
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
You got rid of your car because someone on a forum said the engine shouldn't be blue?? Damn, do you jump off a bridge because you hear it will make you look "cool"???

i never got rid of my car, i dont know what your reading. WHERE DID I SAY I GOT RID OF IT!?!?! wow......