Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #21
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
can you tell me were you got the drive shaft made for the supercharger. i am interested in buying one I just need to know were you got it made.

Had a machine shop here in town make one for me. I think I got a PM from you about it though did I? Just find a local machine shop and take the one you have in there and have them make it. You want 3 key-ways instead of the one and then contact 928Motorsports and the guys there will have any bearings and seals you need to upgrade the charger. The owner is running two of our chargers on his 928 Pikes Peak race car and has anything you need "sitting on the shelf" as he put it to me. Vortech, though they make a kick-ass charger, are not very customer friendly. I am in Canada and those pricks would not sell me a thing. They wanted me to send the charger to them in California and they would "get back to me" on what they "felt" it needed. Oh yea, minimum $1,000.00 dollars to even begin working on it! "Yea", I said; "Ill get right on that...." So I found 928 Motorsports and they were great to deal with.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Had a machine shop here in town make one for me. I think I got a PM from you about it though did I? Just find a local machine shop and take the one you have in there and have them make it. You want 3 key-ways instead of the one and then contact 928Motorsports and the guys there will have any bearings and seals you need to upgrade the charger. The owner is running two of our chargers on his 928 Pikes Peak race car and has anything you need "sitting on the shelf" as he put it to me. Vortech, though they make a kick-ass charger, are not very customer friendly. I am in Canada and those pricks would not sell me a thing. They wanted me to send the charger to them in California and they would "get back to me" on what they "felt" it needed. Oh yea, minimum $1,000.00 dollars to even begin working on it! "Yea", I said; "Ill get right on that...." So I found 928 Motorsports and they were great to deal with.

ok thanks for the info. i will go to the machine shop tomorrow. i have a friend who works at one.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote