Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
exhaust manifold gasket for headers....

well i went to auto parts stores thinkin i could get new gaskets for my recently installed headers... the auto parts stores didnt have anything that would work and only had the stock medal ones for the old manifolds..

i took off my front header yesterday for my friend to drill out the stud that has broke inside the head... we got it fixed... but now i need a new gasket to finish the job... so does anyone have a link that has the gaskets made for a V6 alero so i can finish my job? ive been looking and i found some kinda... but no pictures to show to see if its right so i dont want to order it.

thanks for your help guys! im ready for the HO to be back on the road! lol.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
why doesnt the stock gaskets work?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
cammed3x00
GX Member

cammed3x00 is on a distinguished road
the header flanges get in the way. you have 3 options. get the set of gaskets from wot tech, cut a piece out of the middle long ways and keep it one piece like i did, or cut the one into 3 pieces like others have. thats it
cammed3x00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
damn it, there has to be somewhere where you can get the ones that come with the pacesetter headers...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

i looked on the grand am gt forum they said they use pontiac fiero gaskets and they work apparently..

from grandamgt user: Yea many 3.4 f-body owners have had some problems, but alot of times it is related to gaskets. Many use fiero v6 gaskets cause they seem to work a bit better.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 07-25-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Ah, just put high temp silicone sealer on em, that's what I did. go loud and proud! the gasket will just blow out again anyway.

says the little devil sittin on yer shoulder
Old 07-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

im not sure on that idea.... lol and suprisingly the stock gaskets never blew out and i didnt take em off till 168k miles. my uncle owned the car since mile 1 and i asked if they have ever been replaced... he said no...

yet they are medal so i couldnt see them blowing out lol.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: