Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
osv progress pics

here are some pics of the osv kit, on scots car(oldsmans) alero, we started preping the front bumper, and like any aftermarket fiberglass kit on the market, it does have some flaws but nothing that cant be fixed

the quality is dead on, surpasses aed, and aas kit, and it fits, it does not have the BUMP at the headlights, and the rocker moldings iam going to have to stretch to make them fit,

but anywho on to the pics, you flame me i flame back with a bigger stronger fire, enjoy!

bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
I can't wait to see the finished product. I have no room to flame cause I don't know the slightest thing about body work other than how to mask stuff.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
no no i meant flaming about the quality i was refering too
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
lot of sanding but the end product will be worth it
Old 04-15-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
mfuller

Well Chris, I figured if anyone could address the shortcomings of this, you could. Looking forward to updates as they come.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 AM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

it really is a great kit, i tip my hat to bodykits.org for making a kit from pictures
Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
realy the biggest issue with the kit is the side skirts but they will be fixed
Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #8
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Good... You can get some practice on this before mine gets done
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #9
black00gt1
GX Member

black00gt1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to black00gt1
looking good,summitracing there 45 minutes from my house
Old 04-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
so... you going to use the sideskirts that were both lefts?

looks decent so far (but honestly... its the same thing we've seen for a while, just in a different location)

..that being said, i can't wait to see this progress.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #11
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
looks good so far.......your the man at this stuff so im sure it will be perfect when its done.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
My question is on the structural integrity. Will this kit break? It looks pretty thin in the pics. How are you guys attaching this to the car? When you say allot of sanding does this mean that the kit is fine other then having the same side skirts? What is the recommendation..hold off on getting one until the kinks are worked out or get one now hopefully they will send both side skirts now, and have to do allot of sanding?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
My question is on the structural integrity. Will this kit break? It looks pretty thin in the pics. How are you guys attaching this to the car? When you say allot of sanding does this mean that the kit is fine other then having the same side skirts? What is the recommendation..hold off on getting one until the kinks are worked out or get one now hopefully they will send both side skirts now, and have to do allot of sanding?

sanding is required in all new kits
Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
What I mean is this something that should be left to a body shop to do, or can a DYI guy get this to where it needs to be?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
so... you going to use the sideskirts that were both lefts?

looks decent so far (but honestly... its the same thing we've seen for a while, just in a different location)

..that being said, i can't wait to see this progress.

yes they have to lengthen and the reshaped but it can be done. Now for an idea to have this all done would probably cost you around $600 in just body work. So the sooner bodykits get these fixed the cheaper for everyone else and less hair removal(pulling your hair out) because of it.

Last edited by Oldsman : 04-15-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #16
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post

the bumpers will be bolted on and the side skirts after all the work of legthening and reshaping and getting rid of that damn notch they will be attached by screws and we will also use the factory clips also, which will require a lot of work.

I recommend holding off until the kinks are worked out. Because the body work alone on the skirt will be around $600 and then the body work on the rear bumper will be high also.

The reason for a lot of sanding is due to the gel coat being so thick that it is hiding some of the lines and shape. But for 99% of you it is fine how it is on the gel coat thickness. I am anal and know the kit and the OSV too well and I am making a replica. So I am being picky and isn't really necessary.

You mentioned about the structural integrity, I'll let chris answer this due to he has a lot of experience with other bodykits out there from aed, ass, wings west, etc.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #17
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
Looks good man. I can't wait to see how it's going to look when you are done.
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #18
black00gt1
GX Member

black00gt1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to black00gt1
i had a few issues with both my aed kits not real bad just took alil extra time to do it the right way
Old 04-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #19
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post

The reason for a lot of sanding is due to the gel coat being so thick that it is hiding some of the lines and shape. But for 99% of you it is fine how it is on the gel coat thickness. I am anal and know the kit and the OSV too well and I am making a replica. So I am being picky and isn't really necessary.

You mentioned about the structural integrity, I'll let chris answer this due to he has a lot of experience with other bodykits out there from aed, ass, wings west, etc.

Dude BE picky! I want your best at perfecting this kit. Got a question bodymans now helping you guys make sure everything is on track with the body kit?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #20
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
so you have the whole kit bdyman? are you fixing problems that it has and painting it? or are you just doing the front bumper cover?