Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
New Lifters finally!

Just a phone pic of the lifters I installed on Friday. Not too bad, took 2.5 hours from start to firing up the engine again. I did find that one of the lifters in the #6 cylnder was pooched. All of them showed normal wear as I would call it on the outer sides, but having a new set in there is good piece of mind to now go ahead with my Vortech install. woo hoo... lol

Last edited by MMGT1 : 08-21-2011 at 09:38 AM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Just a phone pic of the lifters I installed on Friday. Not too bad, took 2.5 hours from start to firing up the engine again. I did find that one of the lifters in the #6 cylnder was pooched. All of them showed normal wear as I would call it on the outer sides, but having a new set in there is good piece of mind to now go ahead with my Vortech install. woo hoo... lol

Cool. Were you experiencing any symptoms that the new lifters cured?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes sir I was, slight knock showing up in scans of #6 cylinder. And that was the one that had the collapsed lifter and the tick was coming from there. The car is running better than ever man, it has never felt this good imo. Im going to track it before I install the Vortech to see what kind of 1/4 I can get out of it. Couple of guys from work want to go to the track and there is one guy that thinks his stock Mustang convertable is going to school me, boy is he in for a surprise... hahahhaahhaa... sushhhhhhh, he has no idea what he's got himself into, lol
Old 08-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
How much did it cost you? and when are you going to come down and do mine up? haha
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
MMGT1
GLS member

My price on the lifters was around 350 because I work there and the gaskets and new lower intake bolts were around 100. Al, one of the mecanics there, did it with me. His help cost me a nice bottle of Scotch... wink, wink
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
That is a damn good price lol... my neighbour usually works for beer payments... It's great having a mechanic that is your neighbour lol...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
3500Alero
GX Member

3500Alero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes sir I was, slight knock showing up in scans of #6 cylinder. And that was the one that had the collapsed lifter and the tick was coming from there. The car is running better than ever man, it has never felt this good imo. Im going to track it before I install the Vortech to see what kind of 1/4 I can get out of it. Couple of guys from work want to go to the track and there is one guy that thinks his stock Mustang convertable is going to school me, boy is he in for a surprise... hahahhaahhaa... sushhhhhhh, he has no idea what he's got himself into, lol

did you go to the track yet?
1993 c1500 turbo 3100 swap 5psi.
1976 Cutlass 350 olds stock for now
3500Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
MMGT1
GLS member

Yup, 14.2 but found out last night that I was hitting 11.5:1 in PE with the new MAF... lol Cleaned that up last night and today it feels real nice. Dont know if Ill make it out again before I install the charger. Intake piping should be ready in the next two weeks... oh yea, 14.6 for the stang when he spun it off the line. He did run a best that night of 14.1 though, not bad for a rag top. I did not think he'd hit that time. Little bugger matched my best time ever
Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #9
3500Alero
GX Member

Quote:
Yup, 14.2 but found out last night that I was hitting 11.5:1 in PE with the new MAF... lol Cleaned that up last night and today it feels real nice. Dont know if Ill make it out again before I install the charger. Intake piping should be ready in the next two weeks... oh yea, 14.6 for the stang when he spun it off the line. He did run a best that night of 14.1 though, not bad for a rag top. I did not think he'd hit that time. Little bugger matched my best time ever

Cool! what track did you go to? I want to try to get the 3500 GAGT to the track before it snows, but I need to get a WB02 so that I can tune it first!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Quote:

What mods do you have at this point? Thats pretty good!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #11
MMGT1
GLS member

Stage 2 Heads, .020 milled, Stage 2 cam with .560 lift and 229 duration. Milled block, crank scraper, chrome molly push rods, S&S headers, Pipes Performance Exhaust, SLP Loudmouth Muffler, H&R Springs, KYB Struts, LS6 Valve Springs, 1/2" guides, 9-angle valve job, billet aluminum/polly trans mount and installing the polly engine mount I just go hopefully in the next couple of days. Going to pull the front cover this week sometime to make sure the chain and dampener are in good shape. Probably install it then if I can hold off that long.... lol
And it has a carbon hood from CF Tech and I just did polly bushings at every suspension point along with a set of aluminum control arms that I took from my 99 SE2.. wink, wink.. Wish I had the time to polish them before they went on but they serve the purpose

Last edited by MMGT1 : 08-21-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Ive heard that trans mount is stiff as shit does it seem to put down the power better?
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
MMGT1
GLS member

Oh hell yes. I recommened that anyone modding one of these gets one. Well, even if you are just replacing a stock one, get one of these. I tore through three stock ones before getting one of those 5 years ago and its still holding strong. Tuning, there is a lot of false KR picked up because of the origional trans mount as well. Our cars have whats known as a fluid knock sensor and they are super dam sensitive. With one of those in there it makes a huge difference all round. Better be OK with vibration though, you can sure feel it when its in there
Old 08-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
mfuller

I'd love to get a peek at your tune.
I thought you had run a 13.9xx at one point?
I'd guess I'm maybe .1-.2 slower than you, but you have a larger cam.
What kinda timing do you see at WOT?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

So when are you taking me for a ride in your car? Hahaha.
Do you know how to install the tranny mounts? I know mine is shot for sure!
Just haven't got a clue how/where etc...

You should see how much the engine moves with the car off, on jackstands and with the simple rotation of the wheels!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
MMGT1
GLS member

34* WOT and 53% of the 36lb injectors @ 6600RPM Tim hit the 13.9 once but could never get it quicker than 14.1 again iirc..
The trans mount is fairly easy too. Right at the front of the engine bay. Pop the hood and look straight down, a little to the drivers side. Cant miss it. Two bolts toward the trans and one across that goes through the bushing. Just need to prop the engine and its done in less than a half hour for sure.

Last edited by MMGT1 : 08-21-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
MMGT1
GLS member

I just saw someone asking about what track... St Thomas all the way man. Its a long ass drive and I have to go right past Cayuga to get there but worth ever minute of the drive. Toronto Motorsports can suck my ass, fawk I hate that place
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
3500Alero
GX Member

Quote:
I just saw someone asking about what track... St Thomas all the way man. Its a long ass drive and I have to go right past Cayuga to get there but worth ever minute of the drive. Toronto Motorsports can suck my ass, fawk I hate that place

I usally go to TMP because its closer, and I love the wednesday night test n tune! Its like st. thomas on a friday night, pretty much do laps if you want! Have not been to St. Thomas since the new (/old) oweners took over, it seemed like every other time I would go the timming system would not be working all the way down the track... no 1/8 ET or no 1/4mph or some thing else was acting up. Went with my friend once with his mustag and his trap speed said smomething like 121mph and his best before was a 108mph with no changes between trips to st. thomas he was like WTF!

I would like to get to GBM soon it is a very nice track!