Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Tubular Turbo Manifold

Short video on Page 3.

-----------

Due to this issue, I'm upgrading to a custom tubular manifold since the turbo will be off anyway. In this change, I'm also changing to a TiAL v-band stainless steel turbine housing.. no more exhaust leaks.

New Garrett compressor wheel installed.

Washin dishes.. and the compressor housing. Got rid of all the scratched up VHT on it and decided to run it all natural.

V-band housing installed.

Ready to rock.

Tomorrow the stainless exhaust flange will be CNC cut, and the manifold tacked up and finalized. Hopefully downpipe and wastegate routing as well. Long day. I'll be sure to get videos too, it's going to be loud (3" open downpipe) until I get it welded up to the rest of the exhaust. I might go to the track with it open.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
looks sexy as hell mang.

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet dude equal length? I wanna see some sexy bends.

It Should really help your high end, log manifolds are great down low but the tubular is going to open a whole new door for you. I assume your going to retune since when you make boost will vary from you previous tune?

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 09-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
you should add a g-force chip... I hear it adds 50 HP!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it's gonna look pretty sweet when it's done.

Yesterday all we got done was the flange, collector, and removing the existing wastegate tube and downpipe, and locating the turbo relative to the flange such that he now has a jig. Hopefully done by tomorrow...

Don't worry, I'll use a fancy camera to take the final pictures.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
zearchyo
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post

damm

yeah right!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

Old 09-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

^ I cant even describe how hard I'm laughing right now.
Ion- I still just want a ride someday. Looking freaking sweet so far, as if it didn't before. Can't wait to see some final pics and vids.... And go for a ride.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
[quote='[ion] C2;595886']

Note, the small peice of pipe off the side is apparently not for eating. O.o
Had to.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #10
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
It's lookin' good, Chris. Loving what I see. You'll be getting a video of her once she's all done, right?
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
Dobbie
GX Member

Dobbie is on a distinguished road
Ion, are you a freak that eats metal?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
You'll be getting a video of her once she's all done, right?
Outside drive-by videos with the 3" exhaust open.. and with it quiet.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I love me some open downpipe
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

For sure being done tomorrow. So many distractions today... ffs. One runner is welded. Tomorrow the rest of the manifold will be welded, downpipe fabricated, wastegate routed, oil lines extended with metal tubing, to prevent hose cracking from being so close to the turbine like I experience all the time, etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
zearchyo
GL Member

thats a beauty! was up with the hooty? is it that cold already in MI

yeah right!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

he wears the hoodie for welding
Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17

THAT.... is a work of art....
Old 09-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

Manifold done.

Cutting the downpipe.

Need to have a super tight pie cut to navigate around the turbo and fuel/coolant lines.

Prepping it for the TiAL v-band flange.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #19
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
damn dude thats a pretty sexy manifold. good for you.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

Should be routing the wastegate, updating oil lines, and O2 sensors today so I can finally drive it.