Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
S&S Downpipe Question

I have a set of the S&S headers with the downpipe high flow cat and I am wondering if it will bolt to the stock exhaust at all... Before I get jumped on why, my reasoning is this... I picked up an exhaust system from another member and had it welded to the downpipe/cat combo... I had to change jobs and now do not have the money to install the headers yet... I just want to get the exhaust on the car to get it out of the living room but do not know if this will work or not...
Any help is really appreciated!
Thanks
Tim

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
If your asking will the DP with High Flow Cat bolt to the stock headers then the answer is no. The back header tube on the S&S takes up the space that normally would be the downpipe on a stock exhaust system. You will have to wait to install the headers to use that DP.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / 60lb Injectors / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
mfuller

Yes, the S&S downpipe with converter will bolt up the a stock cat-back.
Not ideal, but it will bolt up.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
lol ok both answers totally conflict each other... I know it is not an ideal situation, the car will be off the road for the winter anyways, it is more or less to get the exhaust system out of the living room and onto the car... at most it might get driven maybe 5 more times this year before it gets put away... I was asking as it will be step that is needed during the full installation of the headers anyways, I was just curious if I could do it now or if it was completely different given the length of the pipes etc. on the S&S headers vs the stock headers...
Thanks to both of you for answering me, I appreciate it...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
mfuller

Your original post is not quite clear, even though I've re-read it several times.
Both of our replies are correct. The S&S downpipe with cat comes with a factory-style 3-bolt flange after the cat, which is designed to bolt up to the factory exhaust. But on the flipside, the "leading" end is designed to bolt up to the headers and will not work with the factory manifolds (and downpipe) without modification.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

sorry if I was unclear in the original post... I was meaning the leading end of the downpipe not after the cat... I already have the aftermarket exhaust pipes with muffler welded up to the cat so essentially the "back end" of the system is complete and ready for installation (sitting in my living room)... The headers are still in the box which is why I asked if it could be bolted to the stock system...
End result is no due to different sizes etc, and best to wait til the headers are fully installed.
Thanks again for the clarification... I knew someone would have the answer