Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-20-2014, 05:34 AM   #1
01OhioAlero
GX Member

01OhioAlero is on a distinguished road
Fuel injector orings bad agian!!?

I replced them about 3 weeks ago.Then today i smelled gas and looked and top of lim has gas puddles. Any way to check if its rail? Orings were new and new imjectors they were put in right and lubed with a little oil. Anu reason for this? I really getting tired of everything breaking when i treat my car great.
01OhioAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:07 AM   #2
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Its probably the o ring on then inlet line at the rail. If it was the injector o rings you wouldn't have a puddle of fuel but a vacuum leak.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
Were they stock GM O-rings or aftermarket? All O-rings are not created equal, so if you used the wrong size or non-fuel compatible O-rings then that might explain the problem. I used new O-rings from the GM dealer and have had no issues.

Last edited by Starglow : 07-21-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
01OhioAlero
GX Member

I used fel pro from autozone. And if its that 14$ oring im gonna be annoyed. Is there any place you can get it from besides dealer?
Old 07-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01OhioAlero View Post
I used fel pro from autozone. And if its that 14$ oring im gonna be annoyed. Is there any place you can get it from besides dealer?

buck up and just do it right.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Meh

Lucky you didn't hear a big WOOSH ...
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:

I think it was like $15 for the set. You could order online from gmpartsdirect but I'm not sure how much you would save. I look at it this way, knowing you have the right parts is better than having to pull the UIM again or risk having other problems down the road...and the price difference isn't that much really with all things considered.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:00 AM   #8
01OhioAlero
GX Member

Got the gm ones 21$, look a lot thicker and durable then fel pro ones. But of course now the tube for the egr broke from being took apart so much. So now Im getting egr delete and tune from milzy. Not worth it to buy a tube for it thats 80$ when 130$ gets me a tune and delete. Anyways where is the pcm in our car?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Driver side under dash..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
01OhioAlero
GX Member

Chiming in, tylers older brother on his account haha. Anyone have a tune from milzy? Never been in a vehicle tuned by him and was wondering how they run. This car has become a project for me while he learns
Old 07-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I mean. Mine is tuned by him since I did a 6 speed swap through him. But I fine tuned it later on.

I have heard many people getting a pcm tune from him and getting awesome results.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #12
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Chiming in, tylers older brother on his account haha. Anyone have a tune from milzy? Never been in a vehicle tuned by him and was wondering how they run. This car has become a project for me while he learns

I have the Milzy tune. Mike tunes based upon the mods installed. He changes the shift points and can also change the cooling fan operation on/off temps in addition to keeping them on for 3 minutes after the engine is shut off. He can do an EGR delete but it's not legal in some states. You basically tell Mike what you want him to do based upon any mods installed and within the realm of capability of the tuning software. You will feel a little more performance zip on a stock setup but nothing major unless you have major mods to tune. You might get better tuning results if you take the car to Mike's shop in Dayton since you're in Ohio....it's almost impossible to fine tune everything through the mail without Mike having physical access to the car.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #13
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
I mean. Mine is tuned by him since I did a 6 speed swap through him. But I fine tuned it later on.

I have heard many people getting a pcm tune from him and getting awesome results.

Mine needs to be fine tuned as well. I have the HPTuners software but haven't had time to mess around with it yet.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah I had a buddy from this site help me out. Since my knowledge isnt great at tuning yet. We managed to squeeze about 25 ft lbs of tq out of fine tuning. I maxed at 242 ft lbs tq after tuning was finished.

We started with about 218 ft lbs.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2014, 02:40 AM   #15
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Milzy's tune will have you smiling for sure. The firmer shifts alone*assuming your an auto*, and the added longevity you'll gain, is worth it. But, take advantage of any mods! A tune should be done after something as simple as an intake on any vehicle for example. A modded car needs a tune...lol
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #16
01OhioAlero
GX Member

I told em. I just got the pcm today. Its tuned for egr delete, cai, and ported and polished intake manifolds and also no cat. Do you think it would be smart if I get it retuned when I put my 65mm tb on and maybe a muffler? And yeah Im a auto, wish I had a 6speed 3.4. Any numbers on what it would help in the 1/4? Cause my car stock is about 15.4 right? Im hoping with no egr, cai, tune, cat delete, and ported and polished lower intake from ben and upper from me that I can break 14s.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

Stock is about 16 sec. 15.9 ish.... with massive wheel hop out the hole in first my best was 15.171 with a .019 RT.

GRANTED, I had less mods back then and didnt have my car fully tuned yet. Now I have mpre things done, a good tune, etc. I havent been back. I knoe it can do alot better then 15.1 but I only been down tge track 8 times. Im used to street. I still havent figured out my launches on the track with the 6 speed.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #18
01OhioAlero
GX Member

Well...I replaced them, did pcm relearn and everything was good. I let it sit for about 5 mins and checked. No leaks or squeals or anything. So went for a test drive and I smelled gas..
I pulled over and checked and I'll be dammned. Its leaking in the same spot agian! I dont know what gives. New orings, injectors were tested from ben and are good. I lubed with vasoline and they fit perfect. But it still leaks. Im starting to think its fuel rail. But I just dont know. I put 5k$ in a car worth 1.5k$ running and like 500$ not running. Im seriously thinking about getting a whole new motor. Any ideas or hints? Thats farthest left by ps pump.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #19
01OhioAlero
GX Member

Im gonna test the fpr also. What is the proper psi for it to sit at? I heard that it could possibly have a buildup and send to much pressure to a injector and cause premature failure.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #20
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Are the injectors seated in the rail all the way?
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote