Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #461
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
lol i think i will later for sure.

btw you gonna hit up thunder in the valley in blairmore today?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:41 AM   #462
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Hey where can I get gauges like those ones? I have a 96 mustang now... planning on supercharging it and I'm getting some gauges and sensors for cheap as eff... any idea if they have egt gauges and wideband air fuel and vacuum/boost gauges?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:15 AM   #463
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
To answer your questions - initially they were from a brand that, well, has been bought out by another company. Which is a pain. None the less, I do have a link for you - and anyone else interested - and check out the selection for the gauges they have.

As for the installation of them... really, REALLY simple, and user friendly. Hope this helps.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index...TS&Category=24
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #464
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Another quick one - the panels are cut, just need to cut panels into them, and put in the sound gaurd in them. I'm not too keen on the idea of all that still air that will be between the panels and the actual car floor - thinking of a way to keep it circulating. But, yeah, that's where it is. Roll Cage will be given the final weld and painting sometime this week, as well as filling it with a sound absorbing foam.
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #465
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
I wish glowshift made wideband a/f ration gauges but oh well... I'm buying a used aem gauge from a buddy who had it on his 2nd gen talon before he blew the motor from running lean. I am definetly buying that boost gauge and egt gauge though.

Oh by the way nigma, did you follow any guides when replacing the carpeting or is it pretty easy? I'm thinking of eventually rewelding all the major joints on my interior of my mustang and putting in a rollcage eventualy but I want to re-carpet it too while I'm at it. BTW its been awhile since i've been here but damn your doing a good job
Old 07-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #466
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Hey! Thanks.

Okay, in ref. to the carpet work in the car... with me, I had two, well, 3 options:
1. Keep the stock carpet, and die it a different colour.
2. Buy a new premolded carpet, and cut to what I needed,
3. Do it myself.

Options 1 and 2 are alright, except that the old carpet had to go, and the new one, well, it didn't come in black, and also that the piece, for price, was not worth buying, only to use the front 1/5 of it.

What I'm doing, is everything up to the front end of there the seats mount will be made flat. doing this for 2 reasons, in that it's easier to make and maintain, and it gives room underneath for all the electrical wires running front to back (Ie., electrical from batteries, lighting, power/connections for the sound system).

So, with the back, once it's done up, it's a matter of fitting, cutting, and mounting in the carpet. When I do the front though, that will be a bit tricky - but it's just like in the duster. Stay away from any glues - they'll give with time with heat, and water (from shoes on a rainy day, or if it rains by accident, or with moister that collects with time). What I did with the duster that I found worked, is along the outside of the tub (where the doors are, and you have the sills), there I took off all the weather stripping and what have you, and rivetted it to the outside. Doesn't take much, and it also holds it better. Prior that it was simply a lot of measuring out.

If you can split it up into sections - Ie., where the drivers feet are, passenger feet, so on and so forth, it's that much easier. BUT, if you are doing the interior, the whole thing, as if it were stock - than definately go with a premolded piece of carpet - it does offer a wide range of colours, and for a Mustang, you'll be able to get what you need. This is definately the easiest way of doing it, saving on time, money, and frustration.

But, rule of thumb, carpet is always, ALWAYS, the last thing to go in.

With rewelding all the joints, that's a lot of work, and I'm not sure if it'd be worth while - unless you can or have someone that can inspect welds and do the welding there - going rates up here for anyone who welds with vehilce frames is roughly $100/hr (on average).

On an upside to things - yeah, tried to get at my thermostat, only this time the exhaust is being a pain. So, bit the dime, just orderd pacesetter exhaust manifold and collector, and when it gets here, I'll just do it all at once. Stupid rusted bolts.

Anywho, yeah, back at it.
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #467
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

hey mark, quick reminder, how long you gonna be around for, though i doubt you'll need it but i can give you a hand with anything you got going on
Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #468
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

I shalt PM thee upon the arrival of said information... yadda-yadda-yadda I wont know until Friday...
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:05 AM   #469
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
Sounds like it's coming along pretty good! Can't wait to see some more progress pics. Keep up the good work!!
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #470
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

sounds good man, we need to go for a beer(s) this week............HA ya right A BBER, how about many beers!! lol
Old 07-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #471
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Well, the panels have been cut, shaped, and insulated, they're just waiting to be painted and installed - as it's about 40 degrees inside my car right now, that's going to wait until later on tonight. the joys I tell you, just the sheer joy of working in the heat...
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #472
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
40 degrees is pretty cold...

...damn canucks and their stupid celcius temps.

why not just say what your local temp is.. in kelvin??

Old 07-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #473
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Its hot. Damn hot. Cold beer - not really helping... getting buzz... but still too warm... must... find... solution...

It's going good... for the most part... 'bout as much as I can tell right now. Granted, "Panel 2" is being a PITA right now... I hate cutting out panels out of stainless steel... but, all in all, by the end of tonight, it should be posted on here with pictures.
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:28 AM   #474
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

1:30 in the morning, and I'm done for the night. I'll have pictures up tomorrow. Tomorrow I just need to feed the wiring from front to rear through the panels, insulate them, and yeah, good to go after that... so, hopefully it'll all be good as gold tomorrow, and you can see the floor in the rear prior to the floor consol being made and yadda...yadda...yadda...zzz zzz zzz zzz...
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #475
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
hey man i havent check up on your project for a while since im busy with mine but I wanted to add why not install some gauges in the middle vent where you covered? Just a note to add but great job so far. I didnt know you had the ecotec, what do you plan to do to it?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #476
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

The center vent area where it is cut out will have 5 toggle switches and the Emergency 4-ways... the switches will control gauge lights, floor lights, rear lights, sub lights, and exterior lights.

As for the Ecotec, I've given it some thought, but not much right now - as theres too much on the go with everything else. I do plan on going up to 300hp (I'd be happy with that number), either turbo or super, but, that's for after the body and interior are all finished up.

Thanks by the way.
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #477
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Just a picture update - not too much to show right now.

These are from a few days ago - Tuesday - when I just began fitting/cutting the pieces. The pics are just to show work in progress.

The step down, or "Panel 2" before being cut - http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01280.jpg

"Panel 2" with the access panel cut - http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01281.jpg

A view of the rough fitting between the panel under the drivers seat, and panel 2 - http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01282.jpg

Another view of the same - http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=DSC01284.jpg

Right now there's a lot more to show, but, as time goes by, I'll probably just update things later tonight and send a few more pictures as to where I am at right now...
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #478
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
where did you get the alero door sills from? And not exactly sure so where do they go? Sorry but i really dont know, thankz
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #479
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

No worries. The door sills I got from eBay. The sellers name was 168ace168 and I was really happy with them.

One is going to go top center of the back where the subs are, and will have a blue LED shine down on it. The other, well, it's either a spare, or I'll find a place for it... but I'm staying away from the outside as much as possible as I want the exterior of the car to be shaved completely, and have only one logo on it (see tattoo on right wrist).

Hope this helps.
-Why the hell not?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #480
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Alright, so this is where I'm at -

The floor plates are complete except for the one going under the pass seat - that one still needs to be put in. I'll do that next week sometime I hope - depending on work schedule.

The mounting plate for the 5 toggle switches is a pain in the ass. It needs to be both strong enough to support the constant usage of the switches, and also not cause any fitment issues with the dash covers.

The dash itself is painted primer gray, sections of dynamat put in over flat areas (not much, but it already helps). It will be covered in leather as soon as I get the leather. Black. Yes.

The remainder of the dash, well that had the rust cleaned up and sprayed over as much as possible (Ie., tube frame, steering wheel column, etc., etc.,). The wiring has been finished there for good. FOR GOOD I say. Enough is enough. The only thing left, is as mentioned before, the mounting plate for the toggle switches. And the tach. Still need to get an adaptor for my tach to read things properly, but once I have that, well, hell... it's 2 minutes to wire and mount that SOB in.

The idea of moving the indicator lights from the panel to the A-Pilar bit me in the ass. Need a new board in my cluster - I'm just going to order one from the states, and switch boards around. With the understanding that it is the BCM that keeps track of the klicks, not the cluster itself. Either way, it needs to be done. Unless there's a board I can get from Canada. That would be swell!

The top gauges, well, yeah, alls good there, minus the oil temp gauge that is waiting for me back in Shilo. Getting the wire bundles done up has really helped to clean the electrical up, and easier to get these schematics done up right.

All that's left for the interior when I get back to Shilo, is simply finish off the floor, insulate it, throw in carpet. Get the roll cage in the car and mounted. Make up the cover boards for the sub boxes, finish off the lighting/electrical/install of the sound system itself. Carpet everything. The FG'ing and floor console. And the shifter. Gotta make the shifter. After all that, getting the door panels with the li'l cubby bin, get those done up, and the interior's finished. Sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

I'm just glad that while home, I was able to get the time consuming things all finished. Now it's just straight, cut and dry, simple work. Now, as soon as I can get my camera to work with my laptop, I'll fire up some pictures, work in progress, as always (it seems).

Thanks for the support and comments, as always. You guys and gals help make things happen too. Now, due to my drunken adventures of the night previous, I'm going to lay down and recover.
-Why the hell not?