Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
flyingbutterfly

I am working on my 2000 alero. I just signed up for aleromod.com and i want the Z3's on my car. My question is....do I need to buy the whole fender or can i just buy the inserts?? I dont know what year to get on the fenders to go on my car and i sure has heck dont know where to begin to put them on. I wasnt going to actually put them on but i needed to tell the person how someone else put them on. Do u cut part of the fender off and weld it on ur actual alero fender or just buy a whole new one. I talked to one guy and he said that i needed to get a Z3 fender for a Honda Civic about the same year as mine but that was all he said. Please if anyone can help me....i would be so greatful.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
pretty simple, just go on ebay and get the fiberglass z3 inserts. Trace outline of z3 vents on your fender, cut out the area and mold them flush. You don't need to buy new fenders unless the ones on your car is messed up.

Btw: where in louisiana are ya from? I used to live there in new orleans/baton rouge area.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
flyingbutterfly

Winnfield, Central....thank you so much. U have made something a lil less complicated....i have been tryin to figure out what color to paint my car for the past 2 months and i really need to hurry and decide....that is so hard. I've had my bodykit for about 4 months and i think that it is time that i start on it.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
post some pics of your car
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
flyingbutterfly

I went on ebay and i couldnt find the kind that i want. They look different than the ones that i saw that i wanted. Here is a pic of the ones that i wanted. IF it uploaded correctly.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #6
flyingbutterfly

When i get everything done then i will. Right now it just looks like a plain ole alero with thousands of scratches where someone keyed my car. I will hopefully get it painted in the next few weeks and then i will post some.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:06 PM   #7
flyingbutterfly

oh wait....i found some Z3 vents....i was lookin up Z3 Vents but i found them under Z3 Inserts. Thank you so much.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #8
flyingbutterfly

what about some of the Z3 Fenders that i have seen that where in the vent part there was a wire mesh...is that just something that u have to do urself??
Old 07-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #9
Pacho

You add the mesh yourself, not that hard to do, just cut the pieces to the size you want and attach them behind each vent in the insert.