Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, its another rim question

Okay. I've found a style that I really like. They're Enkei Ls5's. I'm wanting gloss black with chrome inserts and 18's. The two with 5x114.3 bolt pattern are 18x7.5 with a 42 offset and 18x8 with a 40 offset. I think I would prefer a wider wheel if it would work, if not that's fine. Anyways, I called edge racing and they said neither would work without a spacer. I called wheels next and they said they would work, but they don't have the gloss black with chrome. I just wanna make sure which ones will fit and I'll order from edge racing.
And also, which size tire would I need for closest to stock ratio for speedometer purposes. I don't remember where the calculator thing is at...
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
both work
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
that rim would be really nice if it didnt have the stupid rivets
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
xbxradxsx
GX Member

Yeah, I thought they should from what I've read, just wanted to make sure. Well what about tire sizes? And if I get the 18x8, will I have to worry about too wide of a tire contacting the spring base?

And what about rings. They say on the site that they're included, but if they're saying it won't work for my car, then are there any specs I could give them to be sure I get what I need?
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
It all depends on the the offset. I don't know what the offset on my wheels are, but my 235s come really close in the rear, but are fine in the front.

For 18x8s, your max would be about a 245/35R18 if everything plays nice.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
xbxradxsx
GX Member

I'm fixin to order these things asap. I just needa know what the best tire size for the 18x7.5. They have a set in stock, but not the 18x8. They said 225 45 18. Would that be fine or what?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
im on 18s and a 225-40-18 tire
thats the optimal size
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:24 AM   #8
xbxradxsx
GX Member

So I ordered some wheels from wheels next. Ended up getting the 18x8 Ls5's like i talked about before, just black with red inserts cuz I couldn't find anyone with the black and chrome. I was just gonna order those inserts seperate. Anyways they came in today and they sent black inserts and didn't send the hubcentric rings. So, I'm gonna call them in the morning and get them to send the red ones and my rings. Went ahead and put them on. Don't feel any vibrations, so should be okay till I get the rings. Ended up going with 235/40-18 tires. It was dark before I got in from work and my car was dirty as hell, so I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
pics please !!!!!!!!!!

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
xbxradxsx
GX Member

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...radxsx/wheels/
Old 05-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
they look nice, will be even better with the inserts.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Not bad, but I've made the decision to never get dark wheels again because to me it looks weird if your wheels are darker than your tires.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #13
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha cliff you jerk :-P

and you should have got these boss ass rims

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...sup.gm.ang.jpg
Old 05-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #14
xbxradxsx
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx View Post
and you should have got these boss ass rims

Those are alright, but I like the idea that I could use the different inserts on these.

It just sucks that the inserts are plastic.....
Old 05-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #15
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, I like Plain GunMetal or Black Rims, always have. I like 5 or 6 Spokes only...
Old 06-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #16
xbxradxsx
GX Member

I got the red inserts in Friday and put em on, but my car is dirty as hell and its been raining everyday. I'll get some pics up whenever I can. I actually like the red alot better than I thought I would. And wheels next is not my favorite company right now. Every time I've talked to them, you're on hold at least 20 mine, most of the time closer to 40. And on top of that, still don't have my rings... And like cliff said, wheels darker than your tires looks a lil strange. Not really strange, but alot of times when you look at them they actually look more like 16's or somethin. I think the lip has somethin to do with these though.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #17
xbxradxsx
GX Member

So, awesome news... Black rims with curb rash looks like ass. I let my girlfriend take my car to put some gas in it the other night while I was in the shower and on her way back, she sends me a message saying don't kill me. I said what and she told me she caught a curb. I figured she was just kidding since she knew how I was about that shit, but no... she was serious. It's like a 3-4 inch scrape around the lip with the silver metal showing through... Now only to price a repair....