Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #21
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
and put IROC Z decals on the sides

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #22
UnoWHO

i say hit it up if your willing to take the time and money...

What is majorly diff about the VertSunfire chassis and ours, it doesnt seem like you would have a huge problem unless you arent doing major sliding and or hard turning...otherwise you wouldnt have to worry about twisting the frame, our engines dont produce enough torque or horsepower for that...I think the only major problem would obviously occur ina rollover but if you do that, then you gotta be 3 kinds of dumb.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #23
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
no, that's not the issue.....geometrically speaking, you need a 3-dimensional box shape for good structural integrity. If you "remove the lid" then you have to have far more strength at the lower end to keep it from folding in half or sagging in the middle. First thing that comes to mind is the doors getting wedged in the jambs. Convertibles almost always have supersized frame rails to prevent that center sag.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:39 AM   #24
jonniethm

i live in columbus ohio and ive seen a convertable alero it looks much better in real life than that picture .... i think it's sweet.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:43 AM   #25
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

uh.....next time you see that thing, DO take a pic of it and post, because I doubt much that people will believe you without proof.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
technically a targa or t-tops won't work because our cars are not hardtops. meaning we have more of a post coupe. the frame around the window. all cars with the 2 are hardtops.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #27
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
Have to admit would look pretty dominent ( convertable alero with a kit. )

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

True, oldsman, but that's where the graft-work comes in....I targa'd a VW Bug with a framed window, trick to it is, cut the top portion of the door frame off at the correct angle so it doesn't look like crap, and graft it onto the top, shave open the outer edge so that the window can shut into it. It will look like ass if not done correctly, so make sure you have a handle on what you're doing first.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #29
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
you sure you didnt see an alero with a cloth top..much like they do on cadillacs and buicks?

To be honest, i think the convert. alero looks like a pu$$y car, but to each his own
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #30
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
yeah the convertible looks out of place... i think it'd be cool to put a glass top in a car... it wouldn't even have to open... just be big...

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #31
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I'm not too sure on the alero convt. but I think it's starting to grow on me... But
I agree on the windsheild issue on that car... it makes the car look weird to me... It does need to be a little shorter and angled a little more... but I think it's looks pretty neat... it's something new... maybe if the car was redezined a little to make it fit a little more...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote