Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #201
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
not sure how but there is a good sized chipped out hole in the exhaust turbine..

and thanks you cherry i really dont want to quit ir here i told you so from people.. its not completely decided but its looking hard to make work( not actually turboing but life)
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #202
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
pictures
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #203
worknprog.99
GLS member

you cant see it in a pictures... it is a chip lookling thing that one could easily weld a patch to.. it looks as though it was slammed really hard into something... but thats not the reason why this project may not happen though.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #204
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
don't give up man. you got through the hard part which is to take action and start getting the parts together. Lots of people talk mad crap about what they're "gonna do" and never even begin. Sit on the stuff you got, or start a "don't touch this money for any reason" fund and save up. It's not going to magically happen on it's own, you have to make a decision and ride it through to the end.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #205
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
don't give up man. you got through the hard part which is to take action and start getting the parts together. Lots of people talk mad crap about what they're "gonna do" and never even begin. Sit on the stuff you got, or start a "don't touch this money for any reason" fund and save up. It's not going to magically happen on it's own, you have to make a decision and ride it through to the end.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #206
worknprog.99
GLS member

yeah i know what your saying... i may sit on the stuff a while
Old 05-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #207
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Yeah, you should sit on parts for awhile. You never know how situations will change, and then you wouldn't have to start over.

I'm sitting on basically an entire turbo setup for the Ecotec, minus the turbo and a few other parts. Not sure what I want to do with it all yet.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #208
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Yeah, you should sit on parts for awhile. You never know how situations will change, and then you wouldn't have to start over.

I'm sitting on basically an entire turbo setup for the Ecotec, minus the turbo and a few other parts. Not sure what I want to do with it all yet.

here is my logic tho.. i got this car running tip top shape and it has 74000 miles on it and i have way less invested than you guys robably think due to connections i have.. and with the economy and my personal financial crisis idk what to do....

however my buddy has a set of rims i would love to have (rims where after turbo originaly) and he wants to do an even trade for a few of my turbo parts.... should i do it?
i dont want to call it defeat but moreso mature descision making....
Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #209
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Having less invested than the parts are worth is another reason to sit on those parts. If you have to do it all over again, you may have to pay full price for the parts you originally got for next to nothing.

It's all up to you though. If you feel you'll want to possibly turbo the car in the future, you can sit on the parts. If you think it probably won't happen, get the rims.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #210
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
depends on your goals. I decided to go all out on performance as my priority, and cosmetics will come later when I'm happy with the way it runs and can go no further without massive breakage.

Some people are the other way around. They want it to look good first, and then make it run faster. I think this is ass backwards though, because why put all that money into the appearance first, then run the risk of ruining paint or other while you're working under the hood. Careful as we all try to be, accidents happen, and I hate to think what would happen while I was doing all that welding on the car. I know it's rims we're talking about here, but make a stand and decide which way to go. You start sinking money into appearance, and there goes your chances for performance, on your budget.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #211
worknprog.99
GLS member

the only parts he wants for the trade is an intercooler(i have 2) and the bov.

i can sit on the rest for a while
Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #212
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
that being said post pics and specs of said wheels......
Old 05-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #213
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
that being said post pics and specs of said wheels......

they are adr 17's with rubber on hem 215/40/17 i think
the bolt pattern is 114.3 im pretty sure they will fit after reading posts on here about it
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #214
worknprog.99
GLS member

pic of them... i have always loved these wheels...way better in person the inside of the spokes is black

Last edited by worknprog.99 : 05-19-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #215
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #216
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

what? you dont like them?
i test fitted one today and i liked them....
Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #217
kwhauck
2Screwy

i think the wheels look pretty good, i believe he is shaking his head at the car they are mounted on in the pic........215 is a little too skinny for me.......and that size is way to small for the alero.....

also how wide are the rims and what is the offset......
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #218
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i think the wheels look pretty good, i believe he is shaking his head at the car they are mounted on in the pic........215 is a little too skinny for me.......and that size is way to small for the alero.....

yeah he has an audi now lol...
i love the wheels... they are pretty low pro its either 220 or 215
Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #219
kwhauck
2Screwy

an audi? so he got raped on price for a rebadged vw? Anyways, it would be a 225 or 215, but like i said the size you listed is way to small.

also, what is the rim width and offset.....
Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #220
[ion] C2
636 whp

I don't like the wheels. They just don't look right.. I'd have to see them on the car.